Sign in to follow this  
Patters

Engineer Update

It's about time.

Fixedededed.

Just as I'm running empty on interest in TF2. =/

Does one ever completely lose interest in TF2? I have found that that is a game I keep coming back to.

Super excited to see what more they have in store for the update. :D

It's definitely something that tends to just wax and wane for me over time- At the moment I'm sort of frustrated with the game and how terrible I am at it, but at the same time I know I'll be back.

Only 100 golden wrenches in existence? The artificial scarcity of digital goodies sort of makes the completionist inside me spaz out and foam, I have to admit...

I don't care about the wrench. However when there is an update coming their writers and artists make my special places tingle.

It's times like these where I need there to be internet at my new house SOON.

All I care is how this update will DESTROY the public games I play... which is most of the time 32-player in Warpath.

And maybe I'll finally play engineer, I think I have less than 5 mins played (of 400h total).

Does one ever completely lose interest in TF2? I have found that that is a game I keep coming back to.

Super excited to see what more they have in store for the update. :D

I want to play it so bad, but my computer just can't handle it when things get busy, even on horrid graphical settings:(

The dog one was made by another guy, who was also Brazilian. It also got much much much more attention than the one my friend made, unfortunately... probably because people were fed up with "fake updates".

Well, I think the fake updates were brilliant, despite their fakeness!

Anyone else amused that the engineer update doesn't appear to have ANY material changes to his buildable structures? Of course, they talked about why on their blog... Engineers have the most impact on how a map actually plays, so it's not really surprising. Hey, they're not done revealing yet, so maybe they'll surprise me after all!

These achievements are great. Valve has been hit and miss in the pass, but I honestly think they did them perfectly this time. Milestones are at 5/10/15 this time, so it doesn't take much to grind out the new weapons. And the tasks are more natural to obtain, you don't need to cheat with friends or handicap yourself.

Frontier Justice may be the first weapon that is a straight up improvement to the slot it's replacing. Which is good because the engineer needed something to get it moving. Combining it with the fast-deploy sentry is ridiculous. You run out into an active area and drop the sentry, and the players either target you and let the sentry finish, or take it out and give you revenge crits. I've even sacked my sentry using 5-1 and it gave me the revenge crit modifier.

The Wrangler seems to be a bit overpowered right now. People are putting them clear across the map and sniping, and the shield it gives a phase 3 sentry is retard strong.