Sign in to follow this  
Snooglebum

the white chamber (Lowercase intentional)

So there's this indie adventure game called the white chamber (no caps). It's a horror themed thing, and it's really good. For some reason, the internet completely ignored it. I found it through tvtopes, of all places.

I won't tell you other than: PLAY IT.

http://www.studiotrophis.com/site/projects/thewhitechamber

Also, here's a screenshot: http://www.studiotrophis.com/site/files/wc_ss2.png

I don't think the internet completely ignored it.

I'd heard of it before. The reason you haven't heard of it recently is because, in internet terms at least, it's pretty old (2005).

Personally, I had a look at it way back when, but didn't stick with it because the art style just wasn't my thing.

I played it. Other than the art-style, it wasn't so different than many other indie adventure games.

I liked Yahtzee's Chzo Mythos better, if you're looking for horror adventure games.

I remember this game but I was completely put off by the art style. I guess I'm a total graphic whore, so I couldn't look past the over the top anime character design (I like the much more conservative stuff of the 80s or weird Japanese/European mix design) and the glossiness of everything. I'm big on strong art direction in adventure games since that is where it seems to have been the most prominent in games, but I have been known to play poor looking ones and still enjoy myself.

Looks interesting... Bookmarked! (Insert into ridiculous sub-backlog of things to investigate in preparation to add to actual backlog jeezus)