Inphidel

Summer Steam Sale

Sorry, I was at my girlfriend's house and unable to get on Steam for that 24 hour period. Would've bought it if I'd seen it.

For future reference, you can buy Steam games directly through the Steam website as well. You may mean you had no internet access at all, though.

So did people get Arma II? I think it's back on sale. Some Thumby Arma action would be awesome.

For future reference, you can buy Steam games directly through the Steam website as well. You may mean you had no internet access at all, though.

Yeah, I know I can do that. But when spending time with a non-(post 1993)-gamer, it felt like it would have been just a little weird of me to say "One second honey, can I borrow your laptop for a bit to check on a video game sale?" I think it was probably worth missing cheap Bionic Commando in order to not be that guy.

Flames before games man. Always.

I just bought Killing Floor for $5. Do any of you still play it?

I thought about picking it up, but I've already bought a fair few other games, and I think L4D/2 will have to satisfy my Zombie multiplayer needs.

I just bought Killing Floor for $5. Do any of you still play it?

I'll play, it looks cool so I bought it.

I've got it, so just send me a message my way about when you want to play.

So, what'd you guys end up getting?

My list:

• Left 4 Dead 2
  • Cryostasis
  • Puzzle Kingdoms
  • Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
  • Gothic Bundle
  • Max Payne Bundle
  • Monkey Island Complete Pack
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Shatter
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows
  • Borderlands: Mad Moxxi and The Secret Army of General Knoxx
  • Star Wars: Empire at War Gold

I got:

• Borderlands + DLC
  • Introversion Pack (although I already had Darwinia and Multiwinia, I wanted Uplink and it is AMAAAAAAZING)
  • Flatout Ultimate Carnage
  • Shatter (excellent game!)
  • Flotilla
  • Zeno Clash
  • Cryostasis

So, on the matter of Uplink, I bought it and played for several hours until I got busted for not deleting logs in the computers I hacked. Then someone from the forum told me on Steam chat that there's a free "mod" of the game, which doesn't require the full version and is way more feature-rich. I ended up "wasting" 5 bucks and buying 2 of their games again, but they really deserve it, very gripping game.

I picked up Bully, Assassin's Creed II, The Void, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I think only The Force Unleashed was a daily deal; there wasn't anything else offered in the daily deals that I really wanted and didn't already have. They all had good standard discounts, though. In retrospect I don't really know why I bought The Force Unleashed. I haven't heard great things about the PC port, and the install size was bizarrely massive. Hopefully it's not total garbage.

I ended up getting away with just CIV IV Complete. Although I was tempted on that big bundle that includes Titan Quest.

In the end, I think prudence won out over OMG AMAZING DEALZ because unless it's turn-based so I can play it while I'm half-watching something on TV, I do most of my gaming on the console these days since my only computer is a non-hardcore gaming laptop.

I even prefer Sam and Max on the console.

(Although Mr. Remo's twittering on the matter has made me think about that Alienware M11X for my next computer, but it is kinda ugly lookin'.)

Edit: Oh, hey there, Chris, how's that M11X treating you?

I think you're better off watching the cutscenes on youtube. Story is about the only thing that made that game worthwhile, for me. I couldn't muster the patience to get through the gameplay.

I bought Bionic Commando, Ghost Master, Killing Floor, Oddworld pack, Resident Evil 5, Serious Sam HD double pack, Star Wars: Empire at War Gold, Thief Deadly Shadows, Trine and Ghostbusters.

Recently finished Ghostbusters, and I played Resi5 all the way through with a buddy. I really enjoyed that game and it was so much fun mystery-science-theatring the cutscenes. :grin:

I bought too many games in the recent weeks. D:

I ended up getting away with just CIV IV Complete. Although I was tempted on that big bundle that includes Titan Quest.

In the end, I think prudence won out over OMG AMAZING DEALZ because unless it's turn-based so I can play it while I'm half-watching something on TV, I do most of my gaming on the console these days since my only computer is a non-hardcore gaming laptop.

I even prefer Sam and Max on the console.

(Although Mr. Remo's twittering on the matter has made me think about that Alienware M11X for my next computer, but it is kinda ugly lookin'.)

Edit: Oh, hey there, Chris, how's that M11X treating you?

It's awesome, by far the best laptop I've ever owned. I don't think I could ever use a laptop as my primary gaming PC, though. The M11x is great as a secondary travel machine.

Killing Floor,

Star Wars: Empire at War,

Shatter,

Zenoclash,

Devil May Cry 4.

A decent haul.

• Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Gothic 3, Gothic II: Gold Edition
  • THQ Complete Pack -- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Winter Assault, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction: Guerrilla , Red Faction, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II – Chaos Rising™, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Ownership Check, World of Zoo, Metro 2033.

I must say, I am loving playing STALKER with the complete mod. I can't find enough time to sink into it as I'd like - I've had some pretty freaky dreams with mutants and radiation storms :o

edit:

oh yeah, I got some bad rats game for a dollar for my mom, and also peggle night/day pack hah.

I got:

• Left 4 Dead 2
  • Introversion Complete Pack
  • Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
  • Telltale Everything Pack
  • Osmos
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Day of Defeat : Source
  • Beat Hazard
  • Red Faction Guerrilla
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying TF2. I assumed it would have a high barrier for entry, but it turns out it's really accessible and a lot of fun. So fun in fact that I've put in almost 17 hours since I picked it up. Should have picked it up earlier.

As for everything else; even considering I already own Darwinia, the Introversion Complete Pack was an incredible value. I work in the IT Security field so Uplink has been particularly enjoyable. Defcon is really fun as well.

Also, after being indecisive about which Telltale game to start with, buying the complete pack seemed like the correct choice. I started playing the first season of Sam and Max and it has not disappointed. I'm assuming that future seasons of both Sam and Max and Monkey Island make callbacks to previous seasons? If that's the case, I'm planning on playing them in order. Does it matter that I'll be skipping the Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island?

I'm happy to see all the PC folks buying Shatter. That game is the single best thing that genre has ever seen IMO. Varied gameplay, perfect soundtrack, and absolutely gorgeous to boot.

- Flotilla

- Civ IV complete (which I own most of already, but have lost disks and want to be able to play on my Mac as well)

I have most of the games that came up as daily deals, and a lot of the package deals were redundant for me as well. I wanted Trine and Farcry 2, but I forgot to grab them in time.

I got;

THQ Complete Pack -- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Winter Assault, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction: Guerrilla , Red Faction, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II – Chaos Rising™, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Ownership Check, World of Zoo, Metro 2033.

Shatter

Broken Sword 2

Broken Sword 3

Ben There, Den That / Time Gentleman Please! Double Pack

Day of Defeat: Source

Freedom Force / Freedom Force vs The Third Reich

Was very tempted by Civ IV, but I don't think the gameplay is one that appeals to me - it didn't look like it anyway. I LOVE the concept, but eh...

So yeah, if you want to add me to play any of the above + more

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976897691

To be completely honest, I mainly bought the THQ pack after Chris and Nick's lovings of Dawn of War II on the podcast. I only just started listening to IT a couple months ago, so it's all still fresh in my mind.

I got;

THQ Complete Pack -- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Winter Assault, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction: Guerrilla , Red Faction, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II – Chaos Rising™, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Ownership Check, World of Zoo, Metro 2033.

Shatter

Broken Sword 2

Broken Sword 3

Ben There, Den That / Time Gentleman Please! Double Pack

Day of Defeat: Source

Freedom Force / Freedom Force vs The Third Reich

Was very tempted by Civ IV, but I don't think the gameplay is one that appeals to me - it didn't look like it anyway. I LOVE the concept, but eh...

So yeah, if you want to add me to play any of the above + more

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976897691

To be completely honest, I mainly bought the THQ pack after Chris and Nick's lovings of Dawn of War II on the podcast. I only just started listening to IT a couple months ago, so it's all still fresh in my mind.

Stalker, Metro 2033, DoW II, Titans Quest, Red Faction: Guerrilla all alone were a complete steal at 49.99. it made me happy to be a pc gaming snob ;P

I bought:

• Bioshock 2
  • Trine
  • Far Cry 2
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows
  • The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
  • Borderlands
  • Freedom Force / Freedom Force vs The Third Reich
  • Civ 3: Complete Pack (I've never played Civ so didn't want to pay more for Civ 4 incase I hate the game)
  • THQ Complete Pack -- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Winter Assault, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction: Guerrilla , Red Faction, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II – Chaos Rising™, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Ownership Check, World of Zoo, Metro 2033.

I almost bought a few other things but I doubt I'll have the time to play everything listed above so more games was a back idea really.