Inphidel

Summer Steam Sale

Ugh, I have over 150 games on Steam now and the sale isn't even over. Steam is the best/worst.

I bit on the Telltale Everything pack. I've played the opening sequence for Sam and Max 301 and WOW, it's quite a bit different than 101 (the first/last S&M game I've played). I hope it holds up. How's Season 2?

Closer to Season 1. It plays pretty much identically, but the writers hit their stride a lot more and the puzzle design is tighter. Season 3 really is a thing in itself. I played about half of 303 this evening, and it's great. I still think 302 is the best so far, but I'm willing to be swayed by the last half of 303.

I was going to stay well away from this, but hot damn, that XCOM complete pack :tup:

There's something about the mechanic where you shrink as you propel yourself that adds a depth to both the gameplay and the themes of the game. Highly recommended.

Yeah, I was astounded at ow you can instantly feel how much they tuned it.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is a MUST BUY at $2.50... hell, I paid 10 or 15 for the XBLA version and it was still totally worth it.

Yesterday I got Shatter, I heard very good things about game play and soundtrack... I'll try to play some of it later today.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is a MUST BUY at $2.50... hell, I paid 10 or 15 for the XBLA version and it was still totally worth it.

I literally just bought it. I'd been meaning to buy it for ages and am really looking forward to playing it.

I also picked up Thief: Deadly Shadows as it's cheap. I've not played any of the Thief games since the demo of the original one though. I'm hoping it's not rubbish?

Thief: Deadly Shadows

Is that the third one? If so, be prepared to get very annoyed at the end. Not because it's hard, but because it's fucking stupid and squanders all its narrative tension on something utterly shit in the last level.

However, it's well worth it for playing through the Shalebridge Cradle alone :tup:

My cart is looking good, just need to actually purchase them.

AudioSurf

Ghost Master

Introversion Complete Pack

Tropico 3: Absolute Power

Two of my friends bought the 2K Complete Pack, hope you enjoy the money Steve. :tup:

That money does go directly into Steve 'Hot Scoops' Gaynor's wallet.

Everyone should do this!

I noticed a certain somebody has high scores on Space Asshole and a host of other songs...

Yes.

We will play multiplayer together!

(Both) Freedom Force games are super cheap today.

I gifted my mom portal earlier today (well, yesterday technically).

She's concerned that it might be too complicated or hard for her to play...but given that she's played Elebits, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Wolf3d way back when fine...I think she'll be ok (she's wanting something to play other than going back to Elebits on the Wii and Zuma, Plants vs Zombies, and Bejeweled on the PC). I think she'll really like it, and if not I'm only out a couple bucks.

All of you have disappointed me. The Bionic Commando pack was totally worth it for 10 bucks, but none of you bought it. :(

I guess I'll just keep playing 1on1 sessions with my friend, whom I converted to see the glory that is Bionic Commando multiplayer.

Hey now, I bought it. Just didn't get around to post that I'd bought it. I'm sure they'll have another sale soon when the price might be even lower. Then the rest of you can redeem yourselves.

As usual with the STEAM sales, I'm waiting for the last day to tick around, and then buy everything I want to then. Just in case. You never know.

Either way, I'm definetely buying the THQ pack and Broken Sword 2/3 later today.

Sorry, I was at my girlfriend's house and unable to get on Steam for that 24 hour period. Would've bought it if I'd seen it.

Right Thumbs, to any of you who own Civ IV - is there a tutorial mode of any kind? I'll buy it if there is, and I won't if there isn't.

Thanks guys.

Yes. It's very good too.

Because Civ III doesn't have one at all and I basically wanted to cry when I played that game.