Inphidel

Summer Steam Sale

Always wanted to play Cryostasis, so will buy that for $4.

I am thinking of getting Alpha Protocol as well, but the price right now doesn't seem that enticing.

As for Bionic Commando, if the price drops below $20 in the next few days, I will buy that as well and then we can play this "multiplayer" PiratePoo seems so fond of.

Can I drop a bomb?

I hate Trine. :finger:

Torchlight is pretty good though, i'll agree with that.

I used to lament not having a gaming computer, but I guess it saves my wallet a lot of pain.

Torchlight doesn't suck.

I'm pretty sure he meant that Torchlight was a better game than Titan Quest.

I think...

Also, how system intensive is Metro 2033? I got the THQ pack, and just wondering what my Macbook Pro can handle.

I didn't expect it at all, but metro 2033 is very system intensive. I tried to run it on high and everything is slowing down during combat. I don't have a super great computer, but it's decent, and I ran most games on high before, but it still looks pretty good even on medium.

btw, I wasn't saying that torchlight sucks, just that titan quest is better.

I'm pretty sure he meant that Torchlight was a better game than Titan Quest.

I think...

You'd think?

Curse you Steam... curse you.

As for the whole Torchlight <--> Titan Quest thing...

They both do different things quite well, and I'm sure everyone who's a fan of the genre can agree that they're BOTH worth playing. Titan Quest has much more going for it in the long haul in terms of story and and that "epic adventure" feel that swells as you dig into a game with a lot of content on it's bones. However, Torchlight has accessibility on it's side. What it might lack in terms of plot and player character development arcs, I feel like it more than makes up for in charm. It oozes a "just jump in" vibe that I find more inviting when shorter play sessions are the order of the day. I don't take my characters or my progression as seriously in Torchlight, and as such it opened the door to the "hardcore" game type (Dying means the character is permanently erased) for me in a way that Diablo and Titan Quest just never did.

Now, full disclosure, I haven't finished either... so take my comments with a salt lick.

There's a sale on WARBAND. You must go and purchase it immediately. It's one of the funnest multiplayer games I've played.

seriously... all introversion games for a mere 5 euros, Darwinia is one of my all time favorite games, just that game alone it worth a multitude of 5 euros. And now you'll also get multiwinia, uplink, and DEFCON

a shame that Steam sucks so much, and right not it's not even possible to download anything, and authentication takes minutes, so it's difficult to play the games you "bought"

seriously... all introversion games for a mere 5 euros, Darwinia is one of my all time favorite games, just that game alone it worth a multitude of 5 euros. And now you'll also get multiwinia, uplink, and DEFCON

a shame that Steam sucks so much, and right not it's not even possible to download anything, and authentication takes minutes, so it's difficult to play the games you "bought"

Yeah, Valve really should just rent out a whole new server farm when they have Steam sales, those worthless bastards.

... maybe you should give them a little break.

Anyways, my general rule of :tup: with these sales is to just wait until the last day to buy all of the stuff that hasn't gone Daily Deal yet, but I couldn't resist with a couple choice games that I honestly don't think could have gotten any cheaper. I managed to grab The Chronicles of Riddick, Cryostasis, and Puzzle Kingdoms for $11. Great deal.

Yeah, I didn't buy anything that was over $10, but I did buy about $45 worth of stuff yesterday anyway. Only thing I'd really be interested in at this point that I don't already have would be Dark Void.

Civ IV is now on sale - would people recommend it? Is it easy to get into? I bought Civ III recently and although I've tried playing it, without any form of apparent tutorial I'm just too confused - is Civ IV a little more user friendly?

You now own Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Shattered Union, CivCity: Rome, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Railroads!, Railroad Tycoon 3, Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: Apocalypse, BioShock, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: UFO Defense, X-COM: Enforcer, MLB® Front Office Manager, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, BioShock 2, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich, Borderlands, Borderlands DLC: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization, Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization, Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader + Extreme, Stronghold Legends, Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, MLB 2K10, Space Rangers, Space Rangers 2: Reboot, Torchlight, Torchlight Editor.

That's a lot of shit I ain't ever gonna touch. :shifty:

Civ IV is now on sale - would people recommend it? Is it easy to get into? I bought Civ III recently and although I've tried playing it, without any form of apparent tutorial I'm just too confused - is Civ IV a little more user friendly?
I don't know if approachable is the word to use, if you're waiting for a more streamlined experience, Civ V is in September. Civ IV is a lot like Civ III and Civ II, so if you were lost on those ones, you may be confused by it. However with colonization thrown into that pack, you might get a bit more context, as colonization was the original game that lead to Civilization, and it being remade in the Civ IV engine was a neat idea.

Also, Flotilla for $2.50

I don't know if approachable is the word to use, if you're waiting for a more streamlined experience, Civ V is in September. Civ IV is a lot like Civ III and Civ II, so if you were lost on those ones, you may be confused by it. However with colonization thrown into that pack, you might get a bit more context, as colonization was the original game that lead to Civilization, and it being remade in the Civ IV engine was a neat idea.

Also, Flotilla for $2.50

Essentially, I want some sort of mode where it says "Ok. Step 1: Click this button and then this happens. Step 2: Now you've done that, you should do this"

Plus, honestly, I'm tight. £6odd for Civ IV is better than £30 for Civ V. I don't mind intricacy, but I'm stupid and need handholding :(

Essentially, I want some sort of mode where it says "Ok. Step 1: Click this button and then this happens. Step 2: Now you've done that, you should do this"

I think there is something like that. It tells what you should do for a while and then lets you continue from there on your own.

That's the thing I found difficult about Civ III. It's just like;

Choose your Civ

Go.

That's the thing I found difficult about Civ III. It's just like;

Choose your Civ

Go.

There's a tutorial mode, I'm sure of it. Hmm. *goes way to check*

colonization was the original game that lead to Civilization

Nah, man, Colonization came out three years later than Civilization. I loved that game, although like Civ I was never good at it. The new one has some problems that take the fun out of it :(

Damn you Steam sales.

Even though I already have dvd boxed version of Darwinia and Defcon, I bought the Introversion pack for five euros, it's a steal!

I also bought during the weekend Beyond Good & Evil, even though I also have a boxed copy of that game! Also a steal for 3,34 euros.

Last, but not least there is Trine which I had some previous experiences about and decided to now buy also from Steam with four euros! Very much a STEAL!

Grabbed the entirety of HoI3 (vanilla + SF + DLC) for around 24.

Grabbed myself an old favorite in Majesty for 5.

Grabbed Kane and Lynch also for 5. I, however, have the media control input problem via my keyboard, and will be purchasing a new one. (Not like I ever use the side buttons anyway.)

Grabbed myself another EVE account, because my interest in the game remains and it's becoming clear I can't do everything I want with a single one. (I make enough ISk via account 1 to never pay real money for account 2.)

So now, I sit here. Happy with my purchases (even K&L, despite the problems), staring at the HoI3 main menu. I remember why I never got Europa Universalis, or other games of theirs.

THE FUCKING TIME CONSTRAINTS.

God I hate being forced to play XXXX year to XXXX year with nothing else available.

Yes, yes, it's a WW2 stratego game, but it still drives me up a wall.

They have Max Payne on sale, but... I don't think I could play an "older" game of this kind, I'm so used to modern controls, I'd get frustrated and quit playing the game... :blink:

I don't like playing "action-y" games on PC that much anymore, they never seem to control as good as the console counterpart... ;(