dibs

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 3

i forgot to add, is it just me or did twitter suck the whole time that game was on? i tired logging in so many times and got various maintenance and error messages.

goood luck in galazy 4!

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 4(I think it's actually 5 or 6)

Moderator: Patters (thanks!)

1. Murdoc

2. Wurtsi

3. Sleepdance

4. Asembo

5. Jennoa

6. Emonk **

7. Jake

8. Vanaman

9. Chris

10. tobacco

** Call me suspicious, Emonk, but how do we know that you aren't a double account? :shifty: 5 posts, but joined in March... hrm. Can anyone vouch for him?

Thanks Patters for the twitter update!

UPDATE: Alright Contestants, send in your fake name submission to Patters so he can scramble them up and assign them!

You are suspicious.

I'm unlikable and it's hard to ingratiate myself to a new internet community. I post under the same name at NeoGaf if that means anything.

OK, I'll do as Murdoc did last time, post here once I've got all the names so people activate them.

I really hope not because everyone will know who I am when I don't twitter, sorry but Im not the facebook or the twitter.

Anyone else in? I'm hesitant to add the two new guys, no offense, as the last time we did that most of them dropped out and the other was too timid to interact with anyone.

Can someone get a hold of Famous? He needs to defend his good name!

I think your skepticism is rather silly, but it's your prerogative.

I really only joined the forums to get involved in the Neptune's Bosom discussion and networking, thus all my posts have been on topics relating to that end.

I think your skepticism is rather silly, but it's your prerogative.

I really only joined the forums to get involved in the Neptune's Bosom discussion and networking, thus all my posts have been on topics relating to that end.

It's nothing personal, it really is just based on experience. In the last game, as far as I can recall, the only people who just dropped out were people who weren't yet forum regulars. I think that, basically, if you're invested in hanging around the forums on an ongoing basis, it means you're more likely to stay invested in activities involving the forum. Neptune's pride is a very slow-paced, subdued game, at least at the beginning, and a lot of people underestimate that going in.

I didn't say, or mean to imply, that I didn't understand the reasoning, merely that I don't necessarily agree with it. It is your game, and you're free to include whomever you want. I certainly don't hold any bad feelings, I was merely pointing out that, since I really only came here to join in the Neptune's Trident networking, my only posts would be in those threads.

It's not you, it's me. You're all lovely, intelligent people, it's just that I have pursed relations with other boards.

Sexually.

Already political discord! It's true though. I've been bummed by idlers the last couple games so I understand why people have reservations.

On the other hand, I registered and lurked a while and one of my new-ish posts was asking to play.

Anyways, I hope you all journal or do a special debriefing skype-cast to go over how things go. I'm curious! Just don't let alliances bog the game down like it has the last few. Allies should be fluid, not static!

Also, don't let the quiet giant slowly grow, seriously :(

I found out about Neptune's Pride on the podcast, and I played one public game in which all but one other person quit within the first week. I came here looking specifically for committed players.

I found out about Neptune's Pride on the podcast, and I played one public game in which all but one other person quit within the first week. I came here looking specifically for committed players.

As long as you guys can see where we are coming from. Neptune's Pride suffers a lot from people jumping ship, I myself have played various games with seven of the guys in this game, others I read posts by numerous times.

Speaking of this game I still need names from Murdoc and Sean Vanaman.

I played in one of the first games and it seemed pretty good, although I died early on in a Bismarckian apocalypse. I tried to keep logging in just to check in on stuff but it's a bit sad when you have zero planets.

This name scrambling stuff is cool, I'm back in for the next round for sure.

Hero;

Chris summed it up best, but basically I would have added you to this game, it's just I'm a lousy book keeper, I really apologize, in fact I went back to read some stuff in this thread and I missed a couple of other people who were interested in joining, so apologies to them(see can't even remember who they are and I read their names like 5 minutes ago)

So your exclusion was nothing person, the "suspicious" nature of me was better explained by Chris, and just my apologies for being crappy at keeping track of players.

I promise the next game I host, your in if you want to be... then you can just take out your revenge and destroy me, hehe.

When does this game start/how etc? I haven't played a game of Neptune's Pride outside of in the office where we can yell at each other to set this sort of thing up.

When does this game start/how etc? I haven't played a game of Neptune's Pride outside of in the office where we can yell at each other to set this sort of thing up.

What happened last game, once all the names were received they were shuffled and sent. The games host would send the game info via PM to the players.

If the frequency with which I check this thread is any indication, my life will be on hold when the game actually starts.

Boy, I'd love to start this today.. not like I should talk since I was part of the hold up :)

Boy, I'd love to start this today.. not like I should talk since I was part of the hold up :)

Still waiting on Sean. Going to wait till tomorrow before I message him again, don't want to come off as rude.

Hero;

Chris summed it up best, but basically I would have added you to this game, it's just I'm a lousy book keeper, I really apologize, in fact I went back to read some stuff in this thread and I missed a couple of other people who were interested in joining, so apologies to them(see can't even remember who they are and I read their names like 5 minutes ago)

So your exclusion was nothing person, the "suspicious" nature of me was better explained by Chris, and just my apologies for being crappy at keeping track of players.

I promise the next game I host, your in if you want to be... then you can just take out your revenge and destroy me, hehe.

No apologies necessary, but the sentiment is appreciated.

In the wake of 9/11 we must all be vigilant against terrorists and those who seek to infiltrate this great vidja game nation of ours.

Cub_Salutes_Flag.gif

Geeze, I totally missed the opportunity to join yet again. Anyone want to start a side-game? The nice thing about NP is you can have several (potentially dozens, I guess, if you don't have a job) games going at once.

(p.s. - Yes, I have paid for points and am willing to host if someone else can do the name scrambling.)

Edited by lobotomy42