dibs

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 3

This is the part I hate. Where I'm compulsively checking the game every 10 minutes, second guessing moves and freaking out before I go to bed, thinking that something is going to happen while I'm sleeping. It's also the part that makes the game fun.

This particular map is strange. It's hard to decide on a strategy because you're not sure if you should be focusing on the core side or preparing the back side for an attack. In the other games, you can just stack ships on your border stars and wait it out. There isn't really a border to sit on now.

Can we get a call out for those out at this point? If players are OK with it?

As it stands:

Lollie Mcheese 55

Diggwickler the Butt tickler 2

Jake Rodkin 39

Guy Buttersnaps 16

Grand Marshall Wilfred Fizzlebang 21

Tophat Mcblasterpants 11

Bandanaman 1

Narn of the Above 0

Distinguished ParlorAce 0

Senior Spacelad 36

Darth Sluttyspud 42

CommanderJonathanBeehtovenFrakes 42

Blue for those in positions likely to win, red for those out or pretty much out of the game.

My god. There's a lot of tension in the spiral, but when it unwinds, it fucking unwinds in an explosive way.

Can we get a call out for those out at this point? If players are OK with it?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The players in Red just don't log in anymore?

I believe the ones not logging in anymore(probably being taken over by AI right now) are actually not connecting to the net.

Those that seemed to stop playing aren't posting in blogs or other places as well, so there could be some technical difficulties and other issues on there end.

Stuff happens, I guess.

I think by eliminating some identities will help narrow down the current players; but up to you guys.

Though really you guys probably have a pretty good idea who is who.

Yeah, I don't know. We've still got a ways to go before someone gets 135 stars. Don't forget the whole week we'll spend chasing each other around the galaxy reclaiming stars from the person who is only 3 stars away from winning.

Bandanaman is I.

As my computer exploded two days after it started, and I didn't have internet for another three after that, I said f--- it.

My deepest apologies for AFKing in my first (and probably last, as I just couldn't force myself to try and preserve my tiny empire) game.

I believe the ones not logging in anymore(probably being taken over by AI right now) are actually not connecting to the net.

Those that seemed to stop playing aren't posting in blogs or other places as well, so there could be some technical difficulties and other issues on there end.

Stuff happens, I guess.

We had a few that missed the beginning of the game, we have 2 AI players both with 0 stars. Guessing who players are at the end of the game would be a good idea, maybe?

Almost half way there!

I'm anticipating when the identities of the players are revealed, since this has been an entertaining game.

Another update on positions:

Lollie Mcheese 67

Diggwickler the Butt tickler 1

Jake Rodkin 41

Guy Buttersnaps 0

Grand Marshall Wilfred Fizzlebang 20

Tophat Mcblasterpants 0

Bandanaman 0

Narn of the Above 0

Distinguished ParlorAce 0

Senior Spacelad 8

Darth Sluttyspud 71

CommanderJonathanBeehtovenFrakes 57

I expect things will get ugly very soon.

Hey guys, my gran died so i was away for a while. I'm most scared to see if i'm still in there!

Hey guys, my gran died so i was away for a while. I'm most scared to see if i'm still in there!

Sorry to hear that, dibs. :sad:

How hard is it to get in on a game of this here?

I heard about Neptune's Pride from the podcast and tried it out, but in the game that I played all but one other person AFK'd after a few days.

I'd really like to play this with some people that are willing to at least try.

It's easy as long as you're committed to playing. I didn't post here until I saw Neptune games going.

There's also the question of whether people are OD'd on this yet. The possessing nature of the game makes some burn out quickly.

It's easy as long as you're committed to playing. I didn't post here until I saw Neptune games going.

There's also the question of whether people are OD'd on this yet. The possessing nature of the game makes some burn out quickly.

The first game I played left me with severe burnout at the time, but since I got over that, I've pretty much had no downtime between games for the last few months, with no ill effects. This game has the potential to really stress you out, but once you realize that you don't actually have to constantly check it all the time, you realize you can take it a lot easier. That might mean a nonstop micromanager will get the better of you from time to time, but them's the breaks. Better to be sane.

I am not pleased that a reader has sullied the Bandanaman name yet Jake Rodkin continues to thrive.

but them's the breaks.

Way to reveal yourself!

Anyways, I'd be in favor of a smaller galaxy game. 12 player large seems primed for AFKers.

Way to reveal yourself!

Likewise, I suppose.