toblix

Portal 2

If anyone wants to co-op it up on PC, my steam name is kushet as well; feel free to add me!

I added you kushet. I'm up for some co-op later! :)

Man, Valve have really outdone themselves. Both in the co-op and singleplayer..

Most ridiculous game ending ever. No doubt.

It's as if it was made for Chris to love. The moon looks really damn awesome.

Also a new song, I don't think it's as good as Still Alive but it's pretty good nonetheless.

I managed to fit 25 minutes in at lunch today (I live very near work). Nice intro.

Think I might avoid the net now until I'm done with it. Hurrah for the bank holidays and royal wedding (giving us and extra days holiday) coming up here in the UK!

I think I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread. Successfully avoided Heavy Rain spoilers for 10 months - although I'm not planning to wait that long here!

I did indeed finish it, when I get my hands on a game I tend to just sit down and blast through it in one sitting, if I can.

Worth noting that i'm not a Portal genius, I spent a lot of time being frustrated and trying to figure shit out. Ask Orvidos, I talked to him the entire time I played. He sat through a lot of bitching. :(

Not sure why it hit me so much, but the light in Portal 2 looks so damn nice. So. Damn. Nice.

Edited by Thompson

Not so fast, guys! Sheesh! Don't you people need any sleep or have a job? :(

I took a vacation day so I could play it as soon as possible without having to worry about sleep.

Took me about 5-and-a-half hours. Completely awesome. The ending is insane, but makes a weird sort of sense in-game.

Seems like they're upset about the bot customization DLC? I agree that it's stupid, but it's not that bad. THE INTERNET!!

My main complaint so far is the loading screens. I loved how the first one just kind of paused the game and brought up a little loading icon during the elevator sequences. It never removed you from the testing facility. It's a small complaint but very jarring having just played Portal 1 and considering how fast some of the chambers can go.

Finished the singleplayer stuff! Really enjoyed it. Thought the ending was wonderful. :D

Now to find someone who will play co-op with me. :hmph:

yeah the loading screens surprised me too, especially after playing crysis 2, which iirc had few to none. it's not a dealbreaker at all, and they're short, but it just seems weirdly... archaic?

Here’s a thing I feel safe to say: Portal 2 is Valve’s first full-length single-player game since Half-Life 2 in 2004.

So this actually wasn't so safe to say after all? I think Episode 1 or 2 were longer than 5-8 hours or about the same length?

This game is actually really funny to me, I very rarely laugh at jokes in games but I find my self actually laughing beyond a chuckle of acknowledgement.

Also this might be lame but I think Portal 2 has one of the best graphics auto-detectors in video games, most of the time if you computer meets recommended specs you get everything on high, Portal 2 is able to choose the exact settings in order to have it look good and run beautifully.

Lastly, I will totally be down for some co-op once I finish single player.

So this actually wasn't so safe to say after all? I think Episode 1 or 2 were longer than 5-8 hours or about the same length?

I don't think any of the episodes were longer than 8 hours. I finished Portal 2 in about 6-6.5 hours and I had a really fun time. It's paced really well and ends just when it needs to, in my opinion. Don't think you can ignore the co-operative aspect either, but I haven't touched that bit yet, so I couldn't say how much time that adds.

Just made it to chapter 3 (I think it was). It's fun so far, quite like the previous game, and gorgeous. The half-broken testing chambers really add a lot of atmosphere compared to the original's clinical rooms.

(I think this isn't really a spoiler if you've watched trailers and stuff, but just to be safe...)

The way GlaDOS was resurrected seemed kind of underwhelming though.

(this is a spoiler)

what's up with that other robot though. The one you meet at first. He sounds like a human unlike GladOS and the other testing instructor... um on second thought I guess I don't want the answer before I've finished and maybe the game will tell me

The half-broken testing chambers really add a lot of atmosphere compared to the original's clinical rooms.

(I think this isn't really a spoiler if you've watched trailers and stuff, but just to be safe...)

The way GlaDOS was resurrected seemed kind of underwhelming though.

I haven't beaten the game yet, but (chapter four or five spoilers?)

I got chills when everything got fully repaired and was fully operational. There's just something ominous about GlaDOS achieving full power. I also completely agree with the resurrection being a little bland.

Just finished the single player. Been a long time since anything has kept me grinning ear to ear that constantly. Think I'll have to go through again soon.