toblix

Portal 2

I just preordered it despite my complete lack of money. We'll see how that works out. I got the predictable PS3 version, so I'll be happy to play with any PC or PS3-based Thumbs.

I accidentally bought it on Steam, forgot there was that PS3+PC bundle :( But I probably wouldn't play on PS3 anyway.

Well you'd be paying five quid extra for that privilege and wouldn't have a free copy of Portal to gift, so it probably works out. :tup:

Well you'd be paying five quid extra for that privilege and wouldn't have a free copy of Portal to gift, so it probably works out. :tup:
I wouldn't expect it to work quite like that. It will probably be a one time use code linked to the steam account you create on the PS3. I think there will be a lot of upset people that thinking they are getting two copies of the game, and a lot of self entitled nerd rage(not from anyone here, but you know there will be those types out there)

No I meant the Steam version of Portal 2 comes with a gift copy of Portal 1.

I just changed my pre-order from PC to PS3/PC. Still almost 10 euros cheaper than the PC version would have been on Steam.

It may just be that (1) the game runs/looks crap on my laptop and 2) it will actually handle nicely on consoles, in which case I would have had serious regrets buying the PC version only.

I'm really looking forward to Easter now. I'm not saying that a man getting nailed to a piece of wood isn't enough entertainment for a week but it's nice to have some variation.

The kind of Portal 1 and 2 combining comic book Lab Rat part 1 has been released.

Of all the websites in the world they chose IGN.

Might be spoilerish to some so thread carefully when you enter the domain of IGN.

The kind of Portal 1 and 2 combining comic book Lab Rat part 1 has been released.

Of all the websites in the world they chose IGN.

Might be spoilerish to some so thread carefully when you enter the domain of IGN.

IGN comics isn't terrible

Wawooo! I also put my pre-load downloading in the morning.

Latest talks are that according to the ARG Portal 2 might come out on Friday already. Or then something else Portal related is going to happen during Friday.

Valve is really doing a masterful job at marketing this game. They've been trickling out information for months, then it all comes to a head in the final weeks with these hilarious Cave Johnson videos, an ARG, and pre order bonuses up the wazoo? I wasn't even intending to buy the game a month ago but now I can't wait.

Ahahahahah: "we're between banks right now, just make those checks out to CASH right now"

Ahahahahah: "we're between banks right now, just make those checks out to CASH right now"

"We fire the whole bullet! That's 65% MORE bullet PER bullet!"

I preloaded and then checked the release date. While I've been able to blissfully ignore most things Portal 2-related before, now I've made myself wait for 6 days :(

I preordered on amazon today. The PS3 version. Right now, those hours when everyone else is playing it don't seem like a big deal, but who knows how agonizing they'll be on release day.

The more I follow the ARG, the crazier it seems to be getting. All the time something is happening.

http://valvearg.com/wiki/Player_Changes

I'm really amazed how well Valve/GlaDOS has planned all this with the indie devs. :tup:

It reached and passed the insanity level quite some time ago already.

Edited by Kolzig

I'll take a guess and say that it's very effective, and cheap, marketing. So Valve not only years ago re-wrote the book on digital delivery, are now doing so with the build up. Are they actually going to take over the world in the next 10 years?

All those ARG user accounts going rogue should give people an idea of how viral marketing operates these days. People embed themselves in communities, build up a level of trust, and then start selling their product through word of mouth.

In this case there's no mystery that an ARG is advertisement. But while people are focused on the puzzle of how these people are being "abducted by Glados", they should remember they were never people to begin with.