Salka

Tim on TechTV

Okay, I'm going to complain about that show a LITTLE more. It mentioned that LucasArts had lost some of the magic in recent years. It KEPT mentioning the 'downward spiral' or something like that, while playing a clip of Ben crashing his bike in Full Throttle. It seemed to be suggesting LucasArts was indeed a magical, awesome company back in Ye Olde Days.

And then it ended. WTF? I thought it was going to go into the LucasArts staff layoffs, and the relentless production of Star Wars Tripe, and the slow halt in the production of Adventure Games, the genre that LEC was built on! And what the hell? How many seconds of Grim Fandango did it show? It seemed to start off with the intent of showing how crap LucasArts has become, and then halfway through it forgot what it was about and just ended it with a picture of George Lucas.

I found it appropriate that it all began and ended with 'Mister' Lucas.

I guess his kids must like Star Wars games a lot.

I remember seeing that show ('Icons', I believe) last year so it was probably done well before the layoffs. I mean, Simon Jeffrey and Tom Sarris were in it and they left...what? A year ago?

I vaguely remember hearing someone say that Sam n Max was George Lucas' favorite LucasArts game. Either that's completely wrong or I guess that he didn't like it enough to prevent the cancellation of SM2.

Hmmm. What policy?

I *assume* it's part of LucasArts' policy. Every time a UK magazine has a Star Wars themed cover, they have print a copyright notice. Maybe it's only for exclusive artwork or something.

I vaguely remember hearing someone say that Sam n Max was George Lucas' favorite LucasArts game. Either that's completely wrong or I guess that he didn't like it enough to prevent the cancellation of SM2.

I've heard a few times that George likes Sam & Max a decent amount. Apparently he was the first one to ask why the heck they didn't appear in the 20th anniversary logo movie, and he was also apparently not pleased to discover that the new game got canned, but that latter rumor I would definiely classify as extremely shaky (seems odd that George himself wouldn't know they were planning on cutting the game, even though the whole cancellation decision reeks of "middle management takes the reigns!")

and he was also apparently not pleased to discover that the new game got canned, but that latter rumor I would definiely classify as extremely shaky (seems odd that George himself wouldn't know they were planning on cutting the game, even though the whole cancellation decision reeks of "middle management takes the reigns!")

Well, it's definitely worth believing, if only for the pleasing mental image of said middle manager thinking "oh man" as he realised that George himself wasn't happy. :~

By the law of six degrees of separation, we should all be able to get in touch with George's kids (or god-kids or something) and get them to ask him to fund Sam and Max's completion in place of a decade's birthday presents...

So, is the non-Tim Lucasarts show that everyone's talking about how this originated, or was there a show/segment with Tim on at some point? Thanks.

No, there's ANOTHER show that had Tim ON it, but we haven't located that one yet... if we ever will.