Murdoc

E3: The Keynotes

WOW. This is so unexpectedly misogynistic. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the game industry is, but I seem to have somehow forgotten how much. For some reason I thought that stuff had moved away from exclusively targeting crass teenage man-children with all the marketing and whatnot. Who is this Kevin Butler person anyway?

Booth babes, wtf, do they still exist?

WOW. This is so unexpectedly misogynistic. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the game industry is, but I seem to have somehow forgotten how much. For some reason I thought that stuff had moved away from exclusively targeting crass teenage man-children with all the marketing and whatnot. Who is this Kevin Butler person anyway?

Dude, did you miss the 100-odd suspiciously-attractive women that trotted out the Nintendo 3DSes during the Nintendo conference? AWKWARD MOMENT.

Holy crap, I've noticed: Back to the Future II was right!

HgRiNCyFgHk

The future is here! ;(

Couldn't find it in English, but the key line is: "You mean you have to use your hands?!"

Dude, did you miss the 100-odd suspiciously-attractive women that trotted out the Nintendo 3DSes during the Nintendo conference? AWKWARD MOMENT.

I JUST GOT HERE!

I really don't understand why the Kevin Butler thing was so well received. I like the commercials, I think they're good in a comedic way, but looking at that dude on a stage and the crowd cheering like madmen. He's a walking commercial for crying out loud. It was one of the most awkward things for me to watch about the press conference. Keep Kevin Buttler in the commercials. Getting him up on stage, to me, feels like missing a giant point of which I'm not sure exactly what it is.

And speaking of clapping like madmen, what the fuck was up with the crowd in general? At almost every big press conference, you had a (what sounded like) large contingency of folks cheering like idiots. I'm fine with being excited for something, but isn't this supposed to be a press only event? Aren't those guys there on a professional capacity? I'm not saying you can't have fun and not be excited, but jesus, show some composure.

Not to mention the crowd reaction when that Don Hattrick, or whatever he's called, revealed that everyone was getting a free Xbox Slim. Embarrassment is what I felt and I'm not even press.

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

Well Sony is definitely known for shipping in plants to applaud, not sure if MS does as well. That said, Kevin Butler is genuinely funny in my opinion, and his ads are the best video game related ads in years. Nothing wrong with giving him a little 5 minute sketch.

Booth babes, wtf, do they still exist?

dU0mrMX840g

I know it was meant to be satirical, but it still skeeved me out.

I really don't understand why the Kevin Butler was so well received. I like the commercials, I think they're good in a comedic way, but looking at that dude on stage and the crowd cheering like a madmen. He's a walking commercial for crying out loud. It was one of the most awkward things for me to watch about the press conference. Keep Kevin Buttler in the commercials. Getting him up on stage, to me, feels like missing a giant point of which I'm not sure exactly what it is.

And speaking of clapping like madmen, what the fuck was up with the crowd in general? At almost every big press conference, you had a (what sounded like) large contingency of folks cheering like idiots. I'm fine with being excited for something, but isn't this supposed to be a press only event? Aren't those guys there on a professional capacity? I'm not saying you can't have fun and not be excited, but jesus, show some composure.

Not to mention the crowd reaction when that Don Hattrick, or whatever he's called, revealed that everyone was getting a free Xbox Slim. Embarrassment is what I felt and I'm not even press.

I absolutely agree with all of the above. All of it. Gaming Press = Audience on The Price is Right.

This bugged me, too. Although, for many video game news bloggers, it's debatable whether either term "professional" or "journalist" applies.

I know it was meant to be satirical, but it still skeeved me out.

One day that guy's going to watch himself in that and cry, if he hasn't already.

Yes, there's way too many fanboys in games journalism. I don't know if it's just the smaller websites (coolgamingnewz.com, gamebrahs.com, playstation4everzlol.org, etc) that do this, or if the guys cheering were from IGN and Gamespot and the likes. It's funny though, these people are more enthusiastic than the audience at the WWDC.

To be fair most of those people aren't really journalists, they run shitty little blogs and hot youtube videos. They let pretty much anybody in now, it's almost reverted back to what it was before.