Sign in to follow this  
brkl

APB

Has anyone been playing the beta? It's an action MMO from (I think) the developers of Crackdown. It's not without some problems, but pretty special in many ways. Plays a lot like GTA. Being part of a Thumb crew in it would be awesome.

It's an action MMO?

Doesn't it have any kind of single player campaign? I can in that case write it off my "maybe going to play in the near future" list.

Ehm. There's a tutorial... No, APB is all MMO. It doesn't seem like horrible drudgery like MMORPGs though.

Guy over at ve had a pretty big write up on it this morning.

I like the idea of making your character the biggest nob ever and the musical thing the thumbs talked about, but I think the pricing model/fact you need friends voip is what will turn me off.

Since moving to the east coast Ive pretty much bee out of the loop on a regular crew to go gaming with and my mild interest in the game makes it a tough sell.

Alternatively, I like the idea of what they are doing with crackdown 2's multi-player (I know not the same dev, but semi related enough to mention it)

My favorite memory of the APB beta was running around the world doing some mission and then seeing a player-made car stenciled with the words "FUCK COPS" in Impact font. The car horn played La Cucaracha on loop.