Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 8: A Castro Situation

3665 audio clips in 13 audio tracks.

The most advanced i've got with audio is Audacity and Soundbooth. :getmecoat

Mr. Remo was on the most recent Gamers with Jobs Podcast. It was good and staved off the thumb craving.

It was quite funny listening to Chris get mildly annoyed about the new Zelda game and Corey's opinions on it and having hold himself back instead of what would have happened normally, which would be Hot Scoops or Video Games taking the piss out of him.

@ Snooglebum

Those tracks are great, and while I think some of them are actually better, the Big Dog one is absolutely epic and easily my fave. Ominous in the most hilariously awesome way.

I think it's Ableton Live 8, based on the window heading "Live 8"!
I think I might be a retard, based on the fact that I am a retard.

In my defense, the only version of Protools I've seen looks quite a bit like that screenshot. Plus, the words are tiny.

Mr. Remo was on the most recent Gamers with Jobs Podcast. It was good and staved off the thumb craving.

It was quite funny listening to Chris get mildly annoyed about the new Zelda game and Corey's opinions on it and having hold himself back instead of what would have happened normally, which would be Hot Scoops or Video Games taking the piss out of him.

Ooh, another appearance of the Chris Remo on GWJ? I am intrigued!
@ Snooglebum

Those tracks are great, and while I think some of them are actually better, the Big Dog one is absolutely epic and easily my fave. Ominous in the most hilariously awesome way.

Why thank you! That's actually my personal favorite as well. All the ones I think suck are the ones that everybody is saying are awesome.

On the subject of trackers/sequencers/whatever:

zGK-EzEa45U

Wait, the Wikipedia article I linked to refers to Hitman: Codename 47, Unreal Tournament and Deus Ex as "modern games". Could that be some of the most outdated text on Wikipedia? Aren't those games older than Wikipedia itself? I guess it depends how loosely and in what context you're defining "modern" -- they're hardly retro -- but they're not exactly evidence of a thriving tracker community.

On the subject of trackers/sequencers/whatever:

zGK-EzEa45U

Wait, the Wikipedia article I linked to refers to Hitman: Codename 47, Unreal Tournament and Deus Ex as "modern games". Could that be some of the most outdated text on Wikipedia? Aren't those games older than Wikipedia itself? I guess it depends how loosely and in what context you're defining "modern" -- they're hardly retro -- but they're not exactly evidence of a thriving tracker community.

niceee

that brings me back - back in the early 90s i started doing music using a .MOD player to make drum beats to learn guitar to lol. then Impulse Tracker came out and it got much sexier.

still learning Fruityloops studio and reason cuz the synthesized stuff is so much more versatile then using a .wav of a existing keyboard patch

yeah that mixing program looks a lot more complicated then it is. I like Cubase for mixing/mastering tracks :D

let me pimp my music here, I'm sure some of you will enjoy the song Girls Don't Game.

The Scare Bears

^.^

let me pimp my music here, I'm sure some of you will enjoy the song Girls Don't Game.

Well there's 4 minutes and 31 seconds of my life i'll never get back. :tdown:

Snoogle, you've ruined me. I am beholden unto your madness.

I have one of your remixes every seven songs. Which means every seven songs of

Richard Ashcroft

Great Big Sea

Simon and Garfunkel

Garbage

Peter Gabriel

The Eagles

and various chiptunes

I hear one of your remixes. It brings me joy. And fear.

Editations: I'm going to go combine all of Snoogle's remixes into a single track and plug it into Audiosurf. . .

Snoogle, you've ruined me. I am beholden unto your madness.

I have one of your remixes every seven songs. Which means every seven songs of

Richard Ashcroft

Great Big Sea

Simon and Garfunkel

Garbage

Peter Gabriel

The Eagles

and various chiptunes

I hear one of your remixes. It brings me joy. And fear.

Editations: I'm going to go combine all of Snoogle's remixes into a single track and plug it into Audiosurf. . .

Bahahaha, that's awesome. I'm glad my evil influence could be spread via internet. I'd link to my actual, commercial stuff, but I won't, because: 1. I don't want to be a whore, and 2. it's not on the internet yet. :shifty:

I actually did the track combination you spoke of, but Tindeck caps out at 10mb, so I can't host it. :\

Also, holy shit that tracker looks scary. I don't like Venetian Snares, but just the fact that he can use that crazy thing gets him points from me.

EDIT: never mind, I got it working! http://tindeck.com/listen/wedr

I actually did the track combination you spoke of, but Tindeck caps out at 10mb, so I can't host it. :\

EDIT: never mind, I got it working! http://tindeck.com/listen/wedr

If you're going to do this (I already basically did what you have there.) You should find a way to combine them all instead of simply one after the other.

There, you have a new project until the next podcast comes out.

Still. You've now replaced a different remix every 7 songs with every remix, every 7 songs. :violin:

If you're going to do this (I already basically did what you have there.) You should find a way to combine them all instead of simply one after the other.

There, you have a new project until the next podcast comes out.

Still. You've now replaced a different remix every 7 songs with every remix, every 7 songs. :violin:

I tried, but realized that half the source files are in a flash drive I lost recently. :\

I tried, but realized that half the source files are in a flash drive I lost recently. :\

Truly, the world has lost a great font of win.