Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 8: A Castro Situation

I find it quite telling that, Brutal Legend aside, Rock Band is becoming more and more of a sim and Guitar Hero is going the douchey, desperate final attempt route.

Harmonix is continually building on their passion for music and music playing, via games.

Neversoft is continually building on their passion for games, with music and music playing.

I think that was pretty evident from the start, when Guitar Hero 3 added "boss fights" and weird battle modes and licensed personalities while Harmonix went and made it more fun to just play music, and do so with friends.

Listening to Idle Thumbs on mah Nook whilst reading Sherlock Holmes. My IQ is going sideways.

I love it.

Just wait until you get to the chapter about Creepy Watson.

Just wait until you get to the chapter about Creepy Watson.

. . .I am a prophet, clearly.

And gorram, that Watson is indeed, one creepy motherf---.

I've seen to much terrifying shit to be scared by Watson, to me it is just a poorly made game, I don't see what's scary about it, if anything it's just funny.

:getmecoat

Thompson have you seen the weeping angel episodes of Dr. Who? Don't even blink :|

Thompson have you seen the weeping angel episodes of Dr. Who? Don't even blink :|

Yeah, that episode was pretty good, it was legitimately scary.

The episode where they came back in space was pretty shit though. :tdown:

Good pod, gentlefolk. I've just listened to the catalogue of songs Remo did over the years (yes, by now it's years, which is terrifiying). They really grow on you, especially the more subtle ones like the Ballad of John Riccitiello.

Cool sig by the way, Thompson.

Alright, it took a while, but I finished the remix for this episode! My computer did it's best to stop me, but it worked out in the end!

http://tindeck.com/listen/weun

This one isn't that great.

Bahaha, that was incredible.

You never cease to amaze me Snoogle.

Bahaha, that was incredible.

You never cease to amaze me Snoogle.

Why thank you! Although I just realized I messed up the ending.

I've noticed that I tend to be a poor judge of what music of mine actually sucks or not.

I've noticed that I tend to be a poor judge of what music of mine actually sucks or not.

Dinosaur Fence remains my favorite, but I liked the changes in this.

I find that as someone who does some arty stuff (Beyond that picture I sent you) the artist is always a terrible judge, although I probably take it to extremes. I think everything I do is shit.

Dinosaur Fence remains my favorite, but I liked the changes in this.

Dino Fence is still my favorite too, Tugboat is a close second though.

Edited by Thompson

Alright, it took a while, but I finished the remix for this episode! My computer did it's best to stop me, but it worked out in the end!

http://tindeck.com/listen/weun

This one isn't that great.

APPROVED.

Do you quantize our conversations at all or do we just talk at a weirdly consistent rhythm?

God damn these remixes continue to be hilarious and embarrassing.

snooglebum how many of these are there so far? I have five on my PC at home and want to make sure I'm not missing any.

snooglebum how many of these are there so far? I have five on my PC at home and want to make sure I'm not missing any.

Embarrassing? No way.

Haha, you're downloading them all too, I knew I wasn't the only crazy person. :tup:

...Track?

I dunno :P I call it tracking, arranging patterns etc, programming drums and such.

Madtracker / Fruity loops / Reason etc etc. or straight up keyboard midi stuff?

APPROVED.

Do you quantize our conversations at all or do we just talk at a weirdly consistent rhythm?

Nope, no quantization. That's 100% pure thumbspeech.

Yup, it's just five. I started around episode 4 of the new podcast, I think. I've actually been thinking of going back and doing an ultra-mix of all 50 episodes of the old podcast.

I dunno :P I call it tracking, arranging patterns etc, programming drums and such.

Madtracker / Fruity loops / Reason etc etc. or straight up keyboard midi stuff?

Aah, I see. Is "tracking" a britishism?

I use FL Studios (which used to be called Fruity Loops, before they became Serious Buisness). It seems more focused on electronic music. Which is fine, because that's what I make.

I use FL Studios (which used to be called Fruity Loops, before they became Serious Buisness). It seems more focused on electronic music. Which is fine, because that's what I make.

Here's a picture that may blow your mind:

http://www.rhythmscholar.com/rsedit.jpg

I don't know if that's FL or not but either way, that is one crazy complicated track.

Here's a picture that may blow your mind:

http://www.rhythmscholar.com/rsedit.jpg

I don't know if that's FL or not but either way, that is one crazy complicated track.

Not really. that's four tracks with the stereo mixing and volume envelopes displayed, which make it look more complicated then it actually is.

That's an old version of Protools, if I'm not mistaken. This is FL Studios: http://www.indirjet.com/presim/FL-Studio.jpg

Not really. that's four tracks with the stereo mixing and volume envelopes displayed, which make it look more complicated then it actually is.

That's an old version of Protools, if I'm not mistaken. This is FL Studios: http://www.indirjet.com/presim/FL-Studio.jpg

I think it's Ableton Live 8, based on the window heading "Live 8"!