Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 8: A Castro Situation

That might be the best episode yet! It's ridiculous how good this podcast is. It truly is the Citizen Kane of video games podcasts. And at least the Jurassic Park of podcasts in general.

But who will be the Lady Gaga of podcasts? :erm:

Oh boy that Creepy Watson video brought me so much joy. That's friggin awesome.

So this must be what heroin junkies feel when they get a fix. Oh, who am I kidding... I know exactly how that feels! Glad you guys are back.

don't do drugs...

Whoa; were you drunk or something, Jake? Perhaps you had gotten sleep? You were acting very unusually.

This cast was really hard to follow for some reason. I could not simultaneously make dinner and make sense of your words.

Possibly because your words were "smoking hot autopsy baby."

The presence of guest star: robo-nick was exciting, but ultimately disappointing. I miss that dude way more than expected.

The presence of guest star: robo-nick was exciting, but ultimately disappointing. I miss that dude way more than expected.

I gotta disagree, Robo-Nick's appearance was hilarious especially because of his apparent reaction to the other Thumb's conversations, although I must say I do miss him a lot more than I thought too.

OOooooh shiiiiittttt!

I bought Hearts of Iron 3 like 3 hours or so before this podcast went up (maybe longer before...I got it for like 4 bucks during the gogamer 48 hour madness thing this last weekend).

Also, I imagined a horrible thing during the Natal Parade discussion:

Imagine a shirtless Steve Balmer with a Nazi swastika arm band and a bullhorn leading/commanding a Natal Deathmarch across the Vegas strip to a prison run by Cirque du Solei (I botched and butchered the spelling there I'm sure).

When I saw the title/heard Boost say 'A Castro Situation' I was immediately disgusted.

Some people refer to their genitals as their 'Situation' so a 'Castro Situation' grossed me out. :tup:

I'm kinda convinced when they are 'taking a break' they're doing the California thing of sparkin' up a doobie. haa

oh i miss living in cali :P

Until this podcast I thought Neptune's Pride took place under the sea. You know, like The Little Mermaid.

I think I even saw this screenshot somewhere, and thought, "oh, maybe these are like plankton that you have to collect..."

Aw, forget it. I'm going to get a reclining chair and check out of this conversation, just like Steve.

When I saw the title/heard Boost say 'A Castro Situation' I was immediately disgusted.

Some people refer to their genitals as their 'Situation' so a 'Castro Situation' grossed me out. :tup:

Alpha Protocol: faces aren't the only thing that get beards and hats.

The warriors of rock thing just purely amazes me. Even in the trailer, there is a guy you could count on being "similar to, but legally distinct from Eddie Riggs."

Even more surprising is the track list, which is all the expected metal stuff, and then out of nowhere there's dire straits, muse, and silversun pickups. Wow. Brb turning myself into a demon of rock via money for nothing.

The warriors of rock thing just purely amazes me. Even in the trailer, there is a guy you could count on being "similar to, but legally distinct from Eddie Riggs."

I find it quite telling that, Brutal Legend aside, Rock Band is becoming more and more of a sim and Guitar Hero is going the douchey, desperate final attempt route.

Alpha Protocol: faces aren't the only thing that get beards and hats.

Sweet tagline, I tried to Photoshop it but it turned out disastrously. :tdown:

All that talking about horses and only one mention of the horse bag at the very end that was quickly glazed over. I'm surprised. I personally wouldn't be able to contain myself.

Sean Cool Hand Man Bandanaman Vanaman...

...Gold Gamegold...

I'm kinda convinced when they are 'taking a break' they're doing the California thing of sparkin' up a doobie.

Incorrect. I don't think that's the road to a good podcast.

... though I guess that may be why you have that hypothesis. :/

Do yous guys still break for pizza? if so What kind, What's your favorite pizza? Where do you most frequent for pizza or at the least order out. If I showed up as the pizza delivery guy with a pizza could I say hi on the podcast?

The Stalkers Fan Club of The Idle Thumbs would like to know! It's not what you think, we're all just fans of Call of Pripyat and IdleThumbs. seriously.

Haha. whatever happens during those secretive breaks is working, keep it up! :tup:

Listening to Idle Thumbs on mah Nook whilst reading Sherlock Holmes. My IQ is going sideways.

I love it.