Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 8: A Castro Situation

This is kind of our catch-up episode after six weeks away, so you guys may have heard about some of this stuff before...

A Castro Situation

As E3 approaches, as the music genre splits to offer the ultimate fantasy or the ultimate reality, as the future of games prepares to descend in a storm of cameras and holographic children, we talk about a bunch of things with little to no bearing on E3. For now, at least. With special guests Sean Vanaman, and a tape recording of Nick Breckon.

Games Discussed: Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Red Dead Redemption, Alpha Protocol, Neptune's Pride, Hearts of Iron 3, Civilization Revolution (iPhone)

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

a new episode, one with Nick?

ah crap... guess the universe is going to end

kick ass! bout to take a long drive too, think i'll listen in the car!

check ur voice mail box thumbs!

"The third E stands for 'dudes'." Jake is the funniest man alive.

"Someday I will touch an X-Com." - Steve Gaynor...the man sure can dream, no?

My air conditioner just broke in my house. It's 90 something degrees outside. I wade through the sauna that is my computer room to find that my Fallout 3 GOTY edition download speed has dropped to 30kb/s. There's an Idlethumbs podcast downloading in my iTunes queue. I love video games. :tup:

I think Jake might be a surrealist comedian whose sole topic is video games.

Holy shit, a new episode! Chris Remo has seen his shadow, and there will be 6 more months of winter! What a day!

The first episode with no reader mail. Weird.

We probably had time in hindsight, but this episode spent a long time being recorded. Long lead-up before we started, long break, etc. It made us think the episode was going to be stupid long so we should stop. And then it was like an hour and a half, which isn't bad by recent standards.

We probably had time in hindsight, but this episode spent a long time being recorded. Long lead-up before we started, long break, etc. It made us think the episode was going to be stupid long so we should stop. And then it was like an hour and a half, which isn't bad by recent standards.

Hey, you don't need to explain yourselves, I'm pretty sure we all just kinda assumed this regardless. Even without reader mail, it was still one of the best episodes so far. The opening like 15 minutes had me laughing so hard I woke my house up!

I always enjoy good and detailed descriptions of awkward video transitions! The tape sequence was surreal and refreshing, too. I would maybe like an actual, non-hilarious talk about the game, though, because it sounded fascinating.

That discussion on Neptune's Bounty was hilarious, I love the idea of everyone playing several dummy games to confuse everyone else.

holy crap listening to the cast, Nick is like a space hitler :|

Looking forward to spin off podcast All In The Phaedrus. Man, that shit was terrifying.

"OF COURSE I MEAN PHAEDRUS"

BP oil spill: it's viral. :tup:

It's great that you are finally back to being back.

holy crap listening to the cast, Nick is like a space hitler :|

I support this comparison because it makes Chris space stalin. This combined with his predilection for playing as Fidel Castro, coincidence?

Holy shit that IS a scary Watson!

13YlEPwOfmk

I think you guys took that six weeks off to build up your Pod Power, because this is probably my favorite episode of Idle Thumbs ever, other then You Gotta Have The Spice.

There's so much good material! David Hasselhoff's crotch! Beatboxing tugboats! Fidel Castro Gap Supermodel Douches! Nick! Baby autopsies! I hardly know what to remix!

Also, this is what Chris was talking about.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/10/june/apw/apw8.jpg

wtf?

seriously, that can only be a bad disguise in some kind of humerus game

Either that, or the Gap Model Superdouche Fidel Castro main character from Alpha Protocol.