Sign in to follow this  
toblix

iPhone Carcassonne

I'm playing this with Nachimir at the moment, and it's great. Really pretty and sleek, with a couple of minor bugs. If anyone wants to play, PM me and I'll give you my email.

Nice.

Whats the single player like, since none of my board game friends have iphones?

There's a solitaire mode for single player, in which you have to build a 2 segment city and road, then three segments, then four, etc. It's okay. You can also, I think, play with random strangers.

(Cut from the general iThing thread)

One of my favorite boardgames has been made for the iPhone: http://carcassonneapp.com/

It's beautifully done too. If you get a chance to play it on an ipad, the tiles are already high res (though not the UI, yet).

Toblix and I are already playing, anyone else fancy it? There's a decent manual in there, but I'm happy to teach people too. The invite and game system is a bit clunky, but you can invite me by emailing david [dot] hayward [at] pixel-lab [dot] co {dot} uk

If you get a link to start a game, and it doesn't actually work as one in your mail client, copying it into safari on an iThing with Carcassonne installed will work.

Ah, i might as well just get it^^ I'm gonna end up doing so anyhow!

Away for the weekend, but i'll be up for a game from Monday.

Edit: I'm dibkins le gmail le com

Edited by dibs

Holy Maloney, the "IT'S YOUR TURN" guy scares the living shit out of me every time!

Hehe, me too. said it right in my ear just as I was calling someone the other day.

'blix and I built the biggest city I've ever seen (48pts) the other day. It was shared and we were each trying to get full control of it, so it kept expanding, and we ended up with two guys each in it:

post-461-13375603200395_thumb.png

Indeed a majestic city!

Also, last night I started a quick game online, and guess who I got paired up with: Dibs! We had some connection issues, and in the end the game crashed (which for some reason gave me the victory, even though I was clearly losing) but it was fun while it lasted.

Indeed a majestic city!

Also, last night I started a quick game online, and guess who I got paired up with: Dibs! We had some connection issues, and in the end the game crashed (which for some reason gave me the victory, even though I was clearly losing) but it was fun while it lasted.

Haha, nice! I also got the victory. I guess carcassone is the game where everybody wins:P Sorry i was a bit quiet too, i got bored of writing messages that didn't send caus my wifi dissappeared.

i was blaming my parents wifi for connection issues, but luckily the game will push a little "1" in if you have it minimised to tell you its your go (while i was playing with wireless stuff).

Haha, nice! I also got the victory. I guess carcassone is the game where everybody wins:P

In the boardgame rules, the part on ending in a tie actually says "The players must rejoice in their shared victory" :)

Nearly forgot about this! Can you pm me your email toblix.

What time suits everyone?

I'm on GMT, but i tend to stay up till around 2 am.

LoL tonight from 8-10 as well, but after that is cool, or late night tomorrow (11 pm or later).

Hmm. I'm not sure how that works, but if figured out that you had emailed me and i accepted your invite toblix.

What an odd system.

I'm playing as n0wak so I'm game, but I think the game requires email address (?) so, uh, send a PM if you don't have it already.