thorn

Telltale Jurassic Park

attachment.php?attachmentid=650&d=1298007811

Ok! Unexpected, but a good message, I guess, for the kids... or not... or uh, something? Why? :shifty:

Spread the word. Not your seed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=650&d=1298007811

Ok! Unexpected, but a good message, I guess, for the kids... or not... or uh, something? Why? :shifty:

I've never been clear on why they're now using embedded video players from other sites when they have a perfectly good CDN and FLV player on-site. Not to mention a video section that was meant to aggregate all this stuff together, but can't because everything's on youtube or whatever now.

This one I'm going to just wait and see.

I beginning to feel worried about Telltale QA and Jurassic Park is not hot property for me, but of course I would like to see Jeff Goldblum and Samuel L. Jackson's severed arm take a huge role in the game.

Argh, so this will be like Willy Beamish? Fake walking around?! Goddamn, I really hate that shit. I like to be in my character's shoes. It turns a potentially immersive experience into Menu Hero.

Mr. DNA pops up when you die? I knew I never trusted that double-helixed Clippy wannabe.

I can't stop clicking replay on Goldblum Noises.

I CAN'T STOP.

I can't stop clicking replay on Goldblum Noises.

I CAN'T STOP.

If this was the Windows 95 era, that would so be my windows start-up sound! Wait, Windows still supports this feature? Goldblum for ever!

So, Valve causes delays at Telltale Games?

Guess the "no talking about Portal 2" sign wasn't enoug

didn't you (or famous) tweet about a sign in the office about not talking about Portal 2?

didn't you (or famous) tweet about a sign in the office about not talking about Portal 2?

Oh haha yeah that happened. Sorry, really confused there.

I wonder how will they make the controls for PC. That video was about the Xbox version, seems to be custom made especially for gamepad controls.

It looks like the guy pretty much should've died at the six minute mark, a huge steel gate flies on top of him. :)

QTE is the name of the game.

I wonder how will they make the controls for PC. That video was about the Xbox version, seems to be custom made especially for gamepad controls.

It looks like the guy pretty much should've died at the six minute mark, a huge steel gate flies on top of him. :)

QTE is the name of the game.

prettymuch QWOP

It seems I'm the first the play the game, since everybody else is playing Skyrim.:violin:

So far, it's Dragon's Lair/Heavy Rain and I'm using a controller for the PC version, so I don't know how it will play with a keyboard and mouse yet.

It seems to take place at the same time as the movie? They just briefly mentioned people who could possibly be the people from the movie? I don't remember the movie that well, so I'm not sure.

If anybody cares I'll give an update.

EDIT: OK; I'm loving it so far, there is no walking, I've never played Heavy Rain, but this is like playing Dragon's Lair with puzzle elements? If you beat a section without making a mistake you get a gold medal, but each miss decreases the score.

The puzzles feels "Telltale-ish" simple, but rewarding, and they need to be simple, you don't want to spend half an hour on a puzzle, I'd kill the dramatic tension of constant dino threat.

I'd really wish I could play more, but I just got Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword in the mail so... :gaming:

Edited by Tanukitsune

Is Samuel L. Jackson's severed arm in the game?

I would be otherwise maybe interested in the game, but all that QTE killed the interest long time ago.

I heard it has a drop rate of 0.001% when killing golden T-Rexes, but I haven't had time to confirm it.

I played the first episode for about 2 hours last night. I have some preliminary thoughts, but bear in mind this is JUST TWO HOURS IN.

It was....not that exciting? There are a couple of big problems with it. (So far)

The biggest is that it wants to be like Heavy Rain (I mean, it *really* wants to be like Heavy Rain) but it lacks both the production value polish and, more importantly, the element of decision-making and choice (either real or smoke-and-mirror.) Everything seems essentially linear - the game just waits for me to press the "continue" button. Well, and sometimes there are deaths if I don't press it fast enough. Maybe the game opens up more with branching paths, etc, later on, but I seriously doubt it.

The other is the license. I'm a big fan of the first Jurassic Park film. I'm not such a big fan of the sequels, and there's a reason for this: there's not a lot to revisit. Once you've seen the dinosaurs...yeah ok, they kill stuff, I get it. Don't mess with nature! You're playing God! After you've seen one group of people learn this lesson, it's hard to feel invested in the concept. The necessarily-lowered production values of a video game only reinforce this. The dinosaurs aren't big and scary anymore, they're just...more video game stuff.

Which means that the writing is left to carry the game. I'm not far enough in to judge this aspect. But it's already starting off at a disadvantage: the lowered production values reduce the potential for moments of either awe or horror, and the characters from the original film are completely absent. So I'm expected to care about these new characters while all the game's setting, references, asides, etc are constantly reminding me about those OTHER characters. You know, the ones I already know and care (a little) about?

So, I'll keep playing, because I like Telltale, but my expectations are low.

I beat it just now and I must say, I loved nearly every moment of it! :tup:

I don't care if it's a glorified Dragon's Lair / QTE game, it WORKED for me, I pressed the buttons like a mad man when being chased by whatever dinosaur was near and I felt excited about it!

And I don't think it's that linear, true, it seems there is only one path, but I think how your perform has minor effects on the game. A character pointed out how terrible I was in a level where I missed a lot and told me my moves were great in another where I did pretty well.

It seems that while missing some button pressed just decrease your score it's only at certain moments where you can die.

The skipping the walking and making it practically and interactive movie kept the flow going and the tension high, which makes up for the lack of options in my book.

But being a Dragon's Lair fan I can't help but to try the wrong option just to see what happens, the game doesn't really show that much gore, you usually die off camera if it's gruesome.

There are a few puzzles that while simple, kinda kill the flow of the game...

Did it really have to have a Tower of Hanoi puzzle? I'm so used to them now they are easy, but they are still time consuming.

I loved this game so much, I'm actually thinking of getting Heavy Rain, despite everybody saying it's dreadful and if Walking Dead is like this? I won't mind at all! :grin: