thorn

Telltale Jurassic Park

They can make any gameplay type they want if Jake can somehow get Jeff "Gone" Goldblum to sing the theme song for The Idle Thumbs.

Either way I'm interested in both of the newly announced games.

You can only imagine a low* comunity manager guy getting whole team crowded in some small room and trying to pitch this idea with those gold seven minutes of the 43rd episode.

*just a purely an artistic adjective for more picturesque atmosphere. And also I know he does a lot more. A lot.:tup:

Edited by Sleepdance

You can only imagine a low* comunity manager guy getting hole team crowded in some small room and trying to pitch this idea with those gold seven minutes of the 43rd episode.

*just a purely an artistic adjective for more picturesque atmosphere. And also I know he does a lot more. A lot.:tup:

Make it dialogue for the game that doesn't get used. BAM, we've gonegold.

At this point I'm ready to buy anything Telltale makes. They can do no wrong in my eyes. Also, I'm excited about goldgamegategoldgamegold-joke possibilities.

That saber-toothed thing sure looks angry.

grrr... fixed

I am scared and confused. Should I care about these, or are they in the CSI vein?

And actually, I hope that these games end up THOUGHTFULLY cartoony, rather than "realistic", whatever "realistic" may mean. I also wouldn't mind if they didn't follow the primary story arcs of the respective properties. Bone always felt weird in this regard.

I am scared and confused. Should I care about these, or are they in the CSI vein?

And actually, I hope that these games end up THOUGHTFULLY cartoony, rather than "realistic", whatever "realistic" may mean. I also wouldn't mind if they didn't follow the primary story arcs of the respective properties. Bone always felt weird in this regard.

I think I would prefer a more realistic style. But maybe that's because I really want to explore a beautifully looking island.

Honestly, the dinosaur game I really want to play is a Left 4 Dead total conversion.

Telltale's Jurassic Park will be a super-immersive hudless first person adventure where your inventory is tattooed on your boob.

Telltale's Jurassic Park will be a super-immersive hudless first person adventure where your inventory is tattooed on your boob.

Wait, didn't someone already do that, like for a health meter? I think I might either be digging up a really bad joke or a repressed memory of a really dumb game...

Wait, didn't someone already do that, like for a health meter? I think I might either be digging up a really bad joke or a repressed memory of a really dumb game...

Oh yeah it was a dumb joke about Trespasser, a super ambitious Jurassic Park game that ended up being incredibly buggy and awkward. There's a good gamasutra post mortem here http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3339/postmortem_dreamworks_.php

The plan was to set the game on a single level-less island. It had a ton of cool ideas; combat would take a backseat to exploration and survival, Dinosaurs would have AI routines beyond only acting aggressively, objects in the world would be affected by physics, and your character had a physical body and wasn't just a gun on a camera. The end result didn't pan out back in 1998 but its nice that modern games like STALKER or Far Cry 2 are testing out these concepts.

HH7BlBb8Oxg

Edited by Joflar

I remember always wanting Tresspasser back when I was young and stuck on a family computer that couldn't run it. I remember metaphorically salivating over the game box and dreaming what the game would be like. My strong desire for it has remained to this day, even after learning how terrible it was.

I just want someone to make a game like that that works, you know? Like a more intense Far Cry 2 with dinosaurs.

Hopefully this won't be one of those games where they've clumsily added some actiony bits to their adventure game engine. I mean, I hope they won't do it clumsily.

GameInformer Article doesn't really have anything new and has some pics that don't look quite as good as I was hoping, but still better than I was expecting.

What the heck is the point of doing interviews months and months before a game is released and before any concrete design decisions have been made?

And lo, there was a trailer. And you can pre-order. First episode, this April.

My first thought: fuck yeah dinosaaaaaaaaaurs.

My second thought: this, more than any game released by Telltale so far, will suffer from not having higher graphical fidelity. And The Walking Dead will suffer for the same reasons.

My third thought: T-rex sounds weird. D:

Still, I preordered, based entirely on my faith in Telltale to deliver despite my doubts. I am worried, though. I don't need Crysis levels, by any means, but JP just... needs realistic graphics, and based on this trailer... argh, I just don't know. I don't like being negative about a game I haven't even played yet. D:

attachment.php?attachmentid=650&d=1298007811

Ok! Unexpected, but a good message, I guess, for the kids... or not... or uh, something? Why? :shifty:

post-10-13375603339401_thumb.jpg