elmuerte

Deus Ex 3

I've played stealth characters everytime and I've never had a problem coz I found a glitch. If you youtube 'Deus Ex Third boss' or something, you'll get a nicee guide that explains how you do it. The visuals help but, basically if you run and hide behind a particular column he eventually gets stuck at the end of the hall and doesn't approach you. You can just pepper him from there, just make sure you have some long range weapon.

I have no problems exploiting it this way, the bosses are a dumb mismatched thing in an otherwise brilliant game.

You should definately finish it, there's some good reveals after that.

I just started this game for the first time. Playing it on a 360.

I'm only half-way through the first mission, but so far I like what I see. It's pretty, that's for sure. The cover mechanic is satisfying (hopping from cover to cover especially). Choosing my first augmentation to upgrade was great. Felt like when I first played Deus Ex 1.

Still haven't gotten quite used to controlling a first person shooter with a 360 controller. But at least I'm being stealthy, so aiming isn't too important right now.

I get quite stressed playing a sneaky man, so I guess the game is immersive!

EDIT: Some of the human purists just called the police "the po-po".. Really? :fart:

Wait until you come across the Jamie Foxx gangster character, it gets better, you'll know him when you see him.

Kind of disappointed that it isn't called Deus Ex: Human Stain, so I continue my trend of bringing up Philip Roth whenever I get the chance.

A real shame. And the movie is probably going to suck because that's now how I play Deus Ex.

I really have no interest in this movie. Not for one second during the game did I think 'this'll make a great movie. The aesthetic, design are all perfect for what it is 'a game' not a movie.

Which is strange as I'm reading neomancer at the moment (about a third into it) and all I'm thinking about is how great a cyberpunk movie could be, until I found out mark wahlberg is playing the lead character 'Case', booooooo

Deus Ex movie: Fuck. Off.

Human Revolution sequel: I am literally jizzing at the idea of a next-gen successor to this game.

I just realised I never posted my thoughts on this game in this thread, so I'll splice this in from the 'recently completed' thread last week:

Ah man, just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I think that was literally the best sci-fi game I've played since Half-Life. Absolutely amazing, and unlike a lot of games nowadays it just gets better and more epic right up to the very end. I am a total asshole for not playing it until now, talk about missing out.

One thing I didn't expect was how Metal Gear Solid-esque it is for huge swathes of the game. While a lot of it involves navigating open city hubs, even more time is spent in isolated facilities that are easily on par with the likes of Shadow Moses and Big Shell in terms of size and feel (in some ways you could imagine them being inspired by them, actually). And in these sections, the games' extremely refined stealth mechanics — patrols, alert timers, balanced-feeling enemy awareness, reliable cover system, etc — are about as good anything MGS has thrown at me.

This game is so beautiful, and features some of the best cityscapes I've ever seen; I was further delighted to see the perpetual night setting change up during the later half of the game, along with wildly different environments to what was seen earlier. Its soundtrack is an absolute killer too. The only technical fault I was really surprised made it to release was the relatively stiff conversation animations, considering how good the cutscene and in-game animation is.

Possibly my absolute game of the generation. I can't think of a single other game that I've been as hopelessly addicted to, burning through 30–40 hours in a couple of weeks. The 

really is a completely accurate depiction of what the game delivers, minus the pre-rendered graphics.

If he's cast, I will literally not be watching that film. I'm not usually so precious about book/film adapts, but that's among the worst casting I can think of. Case is the prototypical cyberpunk/hacker -- he's in love with virtual reality, and uncomfortable in reality. He's more likely to have deep vein thrombosis than he is a muscle on his body, nevermind having a body that was sculpted from spending three hours a day with personal trainer.

ckmark5.jpg

Liam Neeson would do a great job as Armitage -- but I doubt he'd agree to be cast to play guy from the book: Inscrutable, insular, unsettling, and just generally incapable of being personable on any level. He's most definitely not going to hunt you down and kill you for spoiling Batman (well, if he was, he wouldn't announce it first). You don't need Liam Neeson to play a part so simple.

Just, wait until you hear who is cast as Molly.

It's Penelope Cruz.

I don't know about Cruz, I don't think I've ever seen her in a film. Considering her eyes are going to be hidden throughout the movie, provided she can act (which I believe she can), and provided she never smiles as Molly -- maybe it could work...?

I almost said Julia Roberts, but I would have had to kill myself if that turned out to be true. The thought of Cruz giving Molly her usual sensual Spanglish treatment, just cracked me up for some reason.

It is, hopefully, not Penelope Cruz.

Hey readers!  I just installed DE:HR last night, and have been avoiding any thread talk or the like to keep the experience as spoiler-free as possible.  

Of course I'm playing on Give Me Deus Ex, no question about that.

Since I am afraid to look through this thread I hope you will indulge this question:  For stealth playthroughs, did you find that the game's cover system worked better with a gamepad or with Mouse n Keys?  My limited play last night with M/K had me questioning if the cover movement system would flow better on a gamepad.  Maybe I just need to get used to the spacebar/WASD system, heck, aiming will be lousy on the gamepad... I think I've made my mind up.

Thanks!

Yeah, I played with mouse and keyboard, and never had problems with sneaking around killing no-one.

Hey readers!  I just installed DE:HR last night, and have been avoiding any thread talk or the like to keep the experience as spoiler-free as possible.  

Just a minor hint. If you are going for the pacifist achievement, you are not allowed to kill even in the first kind-of-tutorial-level. Yeah, written out like this it seems obvious, but there are certain people who did not think about that. Just saying. Not that it matters, stupid achievements!

And Yes, mouse and keyboard worked perfectly fine for me as well.