elmuerte

Deus Ex 3

Those items look awesome. I feel like a shameless whore for this, but I honestly think that they pushed me over to buy DXHR. My most played classes in TF2 are Sniper and Engineer, so that definitely plays a part.

Plus who doesn't want a sequel to Revolution X

I played a bit of Deus Ex 3 on Gamescom, but I think this is typically a game that you can't just pick up and play. I had no idea what to do and as a result it was confusing and difficult. It's impossible to judge solely on fifteen minutes of fumbling about.

I, uh, sort of took the moral high-ground and, having pre-ordered DE3 when it came up for it, poked around and got the preview build that was leaked. I can safely say that it generally explains it to you pretty well. I don't know where the Gamescom demo starts, mind you.

In some plane, and then you're shooting people but you have little bullets and then die a lot. That was my Deus Ex 3 experience!

I should probably start my Deus Ex 1 playthrough if I'm going to get it done before this is out.

Oh shit, it's out in a week!

In some plane, and then you're shooting people but you have little bullets and then die a lot. That was my Deus Ex 3 experience!

Yeah, I would imagine that's considerably later.

The opening 10-ish hours from the preview build set things up quite nicely and explain everything well.

You shouldn't need to worry about access-ability.

So, what's up with the region locking? Is it gone yet? Can I go "out" and order a copy?

So, what's up with the region locking? Is it gone yet? Can I go "out" and order a copy?

Yes, the publisher has confirmed this: They have edited the original forum topic to reflect the new situation and stated the same in customer support emails (one of which I quoted). I'm not sure if there has or will be an official statement because there probably wasn't one for the region locking either. Moreover, the Amazon page (that I linked earlier) states the following:

Update on Region Lock

Please note: this title is not region-locked to the UK and can be played across Europe.

If the game still ends up being region-locked after all this, it would be a dick move of highest caliber.

Awesome, then I'm going to order a copy. And if it is locked I'm coming for your liver.

Just kidding :)

I'll be coming for your kidneys.

ps, amazon should update the product page and remove that bold text that it is region locked.

Ahh.. Didn't notice the one on the product description.

I bet that those who canceled their order only to find out the next day that they shouldn't have and that they can't find the version they originally preordered on a price they originally invested are very pleased about Square Enix right now.

Man, I am very excited to finally see what Eidos Montreal has made of Deus Ex.

Deus Ex is certainly one of my most favorite games, I've probably played through it a dozen or so times over the years.

Like most people, the very first mission in Deus Ex kind of scared me away, and nothing else I saw of it made it look more appealing. Also, that twist was spoiled for me. However, I really want to play this new one, but I'd prefer it on the PC. Problem is that I've had an extremely low-end PC for the last four years or so. So, hopefully, if and when I do upgrade, I'll give the new game a shot. Really weird how not a lot of reviews are out yet since it comes out Tuesday...

Man, your subject title totally describes the content of your post. I'm currently a bit overwhelmed by this fact. Welcome newling!

Also, they probably 'bargo'd the release of reviews. Pretty common, though I'm not sure if them doing it so close to release is a good sign or not...

Isn't it cool how you get a free game with all these Team Fortress 2 weapons?!

To me, the best thing is Heavy with the M. Bison hat and cyborg arm.

Like most people, the very first mission in Deus Ex kind of scared me away, and nothing else I saw of it made it look more appealing. Also, that twist was spoiled for me. However, I really want to play this new one, but I'd prefer it on the PC. Problem is that I've had an extremely low-end PC for the last four years or so. So, hopefully, if and when I do upgrade, I'll give the new game a shot. Really weird how not a lot of reviews are out yet since it comes out Tuesday...

I'm not OnLive's biggest fan or anything, but this actually sounds like a case in which you may want to consider using that service. It's pretty much designed for people with low end PCs who want to run modern games at a satisfactory level, and with a singleplayer game you won't have to worry to any huge extent about latency or potential stream problems.

Well, congratulations to America! You have unlocked the game and can start having fun. Good for you!

Well, congratulations to America! You have unlocked the game and can start having fun. Good for you!

I know, I know, we're great, aren't we?

I've lost almost four hours of sleep, and now I'm going to spend an extremely tired day at work.

Question: I hate the first 2, should I play this? It looks cool, it was always a series I *should* like, I'm on the fence here.

Would love to hear first impressions from people since I trust most of you to give a pretty balanced comment.

Yes, it's absolutely great. I specially enjoy how everybody from NA is tweeting about it. :tdown:

Question: I hate the first 2, should I play this? It looks cool, it was always a series I *should* like, I'm on the fence here.

Would love to hear first impressions from people since I trust most of you to give a pretty balanced comment.

Depends what it is you didn't like about the other two. I'd say the things it has most in common with the first two games are the conspiracy angle, you're constantly finding out more and more people are involved in trying to screw you over, and the freedom of choice and upgrades. By that I mean that it's the kind of game in which you can approach most situations in your preferred style of either combat or stealth, and that if you look around you'll often find alternate paths that may be faster/easier/lead to hidden stuff.

Additionally, the choice in upgrades is very important as they can have a large effect, particularly choosing whether to get hacking/social upgrades versus physical upgrades. The game does a good job of allowing you to use hacking/social skills to get places you want to go without fighting, or easing your way through missions. There have only been two instances (outside of the intro) so far that I've been forced into conflict, and in one of them I was still able to react non-lethally and semi-stealthily (though it was fucking hard).

Beyond that, the world is interesting and brings up some unique social, economic and political problems, but if you dislike cyberpunk it probably won't do much for you. It's definitely something that gives out as much as you put in - if you go looking for it, there is extra story stuff all over the place, if you don't the main missions will just keep trucking on without it.

Overall I'm really enjoying it so far, and I would imagine anyone else that likes RPGs that focus on this "make the character you want to play" aspect would at least have a shot at liking it.

ffs.. just received an updated delivery date for my special edition, it's now over 3 weeks (i.e. never).

So I cancelled that order, and placed it some where else, a bit more expensive, but ah.. well.

I hope this works out.

game is awesome, and I'm having a blast sneaking and hacking my way through.

the option to tranq gun/melee takedown makes sneaking a much more viable option than simply staying hidden the whole time. and more fun.

Depends what it is you didn't like about the other two.

It was mostly being raped through a hole within 5 minutes by a robot and knowing that I was an awesome fps player but not doing any kind of damage to the enemies.

With that said, the world has moved on and Im a little more used to the rpg/fps thing now.

I just watched the rest of the deus ex 1 quicklook and a flood of memories came back, they had the exact same problem I did in the exact same spot, so now I dont feel so bad.

I think I might be ready for this game finally, I'm going in... later tonight or sometime on the weekend. Thanks Gwar, I had nothing against the story/setting since I saw only 5 minutes of it, I love cyberpunk, I mildly like stealth games, I like rpgs, so really this should be good, if not I'll bitch about it for 4 pages later.

edit:

10 seconds into it, first response "nice environments, crappy character lip sync.... GAHHHH swimmy mouse"

15 seconds(minus the 8 minutes of cut scenes) I had to punch in numbers that a guy just told me into a keypad. sold.

Edited by Murdoc