Tanukitsune

I'm possibly the worst at racing games?

I always knew I was bad a racing games... But still I wanted to give it a go!

The demos didn't seem to be good enough, because just because I can do the demo race doesn't mean I can actually play the game....

I gave OutRun Online Arcade a go because it was cheaper than any other alternative....

I don't know if this drifting thing is new or not, but I think I got the hang of it, but still.... I was playing on the easiest mode on the easiest route and.... it took me a ridiculous amount of tries to finally beat it.... WITH ONE SECOND LEFT!:blink::getmecoat

Yeah... I should stay away from racing games, right? :clap::woohoo::clap:

I remember being decent at games like Chocobo Racing and at the Mega Man and Bomberman ones too... But terrible at Ridge Racer and... that one made my Psygnosis?:erm:

This forum possibly might be turning into your blog?

ha, anyway, I can probably take your place as the racer in the world. I can do ok at the older stuff mainly because it was arcadey, but now a days my playability test is start the race, drive a little, see the first corner, and then basically run straight into the wall.

If that happens i know this game isn't for me.

Also that Psygnosis game was Destruction Derby and it wasn't really a racing game, but it was awesome.

I always liked the name Psygnosis, someone should acquire the rights to use it again.

I always knew I was bad a racing games... But still I wanted to give it a go!

The demos didn't seem to be good enough, because just because I can do the demo race doesn't mean I can actually play the game....

I gave OutRun Online Arcade a go because it was cheaper than any other alternative....

I don't know if this drifting thing is new or not, but I think I got the hang of it, but still.... I was playing on the easiest mode on the easiest route and.... it took me a ridiculous amount of tries to finally beat it.... WITH ONE SECOND LEFT!:blink::getmecoat

Yeah... I should stay away from racing games, right? :clap::woohoo::clap:

I remember being decent at games like Chocobo Racing and at the Mega Man and Bomberman ones too... But terrible at Ridge Racer and... that one made my Psygnosis?:erm:

It depends on what kind of racer you're playing. I enjoy arcade racers, but am not into sim racers. Although, I should clarify, since other people have a different definition of Sim vs Arcade. For me, if it controls like shit with a gamepad, and feels like it needs a racing wheel to control well, then I consider it a sim racer. For example, I think most people consider Need For Speed to be an arcade racer, but I tried the demo Need For Speed Most Wanted, and it felt simmy to me.

I haven't tried OutRun, so I don't know where that lies. For stuff to try, I really like Pure and Burnout Paradise, both of which have demos on Xbox Live. I also really enjoyed the demos for Blur (Multiplayer) and Split/Second (Singleplayer), and they both reviewed well. Though, if you are interested in multiplayer, I'd suggest Blur, since it seems better balanced. The takedown stuff in Split/Second is cool, but seems like it would get annoying in multiplayer.

Dude you need to use paragraphs instead of double spacing every sentence.

This forum possibly might be turning into your blog?

ha, anyway, I can probably take your place as the racer in the world. I can do ok at the older stuff mainly because it was arcadey, but now a days my playability test is start the race, drive a little, see the first corner, and then basically run straight into the wall.

If that happens i know this game isn't for me.

Also that Psygnosis game was Destruction Derby and it wasn't really a racing game, but it was awesome.

I always liked the name Psygnosis, someone should acquire the rights to use it again.

Ha! I didn't even realize I had created a post so recently! Oopsie? I usually post or reply once in a blue moon! :mock:

Nope, it wasn't Desturction Derby.... It was a futuristic one.... One of the first racers for the PSOne? And I'm not entirely sure it was from Pysgnosis... I don't remember the name, all I know is that I couldn't ever take the first turn. It was like F-Zero for the PSOne... that's about all I can remember... Google says they made a racer called Wipeout, which is the one I think I'm talking about?

Are kart racers considered arcade racers or are they their own thing? Those are the only ones I actually beat sometimes! :blink:

Burnout 3: Takedown, thee series was always as much of an action game, this one being the pinnacle of the series. It's on the Xbox live marketplace, though a disc copy should be available incredibly cheaply. It still look pretty good too.

burnout-3-takedown-e.jpg

Burnout 3: Takedown, thee series was always as much of an action game, this one being the pinnacle of the series. It's on the Xbox live marketplace, though a disc copy should be available incredibly cheaply. It still look pretty good too.

burnout-3-takedown-e.jpg

Aside from the early (Read: Non-shite) incarnations of Need For Speed (2, Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed, High Stakes) the Burnout series is the only racing game series I have ever been remotely good at. . .

Maybe I'm just too aggressive a racing gamer, and Burnout is the series that really rewards me for it? Something to look into. Damnit Patters. I know Burnout Paradise is sitting there on Steam, looking at me, licking my wallet. I need a racing game, and my computer can't run Blur and definitely not Split/Second, if that ever hits PC. Gaaaaah. Ah well. I'm about due for an impulsive purchase anyway.

Nope, it wasn't Desturction Derby.... It was a futuristic one.... One of the first racers for the PSOne? And I'm not entirely sure it was from Pysgnosis... I don't remember the name, all I know is that I couldn't ever take the first turn. It was like F-Zero for the PSOne... that's about all I can remember... Google says they made a racer called Wipeout, which is the one I think I'm talking about?

Psygnosis, futuristic racer... yeah it's wipeout. what else could it be? :þ

I was never big on arcade racers like mariocart, but wipeout, man, good stuff.

I was thinking the same thing like a couple months ago when I was playing Lemmings on the SNES.

Cool name + cool logo designed by Roger Dean + an owl

They should totally bring it back.