Snooglebum

Soundtracks for the video-games, and your most beloved ones

The World of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King Soundtrack. All of it.

A personal favorite being the Grizzly Hills theme:

Edited by Gazpacho Soup
What The Hell Youtube?

I agree with the above that the WotLK sound track is top notch.

Probably my favorite OST belongs to one of my favorite games, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

-Qh_uhV0ta0

RO34ixsNZaE

The end credits song is also really good:

eLsgLtTd4Go

I really like the Spelunky song from the first few levels:

Good job really considering how many times I've travelled through those caves.

Haha, Rise of the Triad, awesome. I haven't heard those tunes in ages. Where's the XBLA remake of ROTT? Someone needs to get on that, stat.

A few of my faves, in no particular order:

Grim Fandango

Freedom Fighters (it's a tossup between that and Assassin's Creed 2 for Jesper Kyd soundtracks)

SC: Chaos Theory

Planescape: Torment

Bioshock

Silent Hill 2

MGS2 (the Harry Gregson-Williams tracks)

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Icewind Dale

The Full Throttle and DoTT intro music, and of course :

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUt84LyH2JI&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUt84LyH2JI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Does anybody else pay particular attention to the original music used in the video games you play? Do you find a good soundtrack will stick with you for years after having played a game? If so, hey, provide examples. Youtube links/embeds would be preferred.

For me, i've always found the soundtrack for MechWarrior 2 completely unforgettable, it set such a somber and interesting mood for that game, and i've never really heard anything else quite like it.

5V5Ssig2rQo

And a few other examples from that soundtrack -

So does anybody else have any OST's that have just stuck with them for years? Or maybe not even anything so old, maybe it's more recent.

I'm posting this before Patters can link this and say it's for me:

X6CXSTBaUsk

Fuck you, Patters.

If you didn't play GTA with the thumbs crowd back when that was a regular thing, I may come off as quite the dick here. Rest assured, this is all in good fun.

I love that music. Not covered (well) often enough.

[thread=7274]This has been said already[/thread]

Yes I do listen to music of games quite often. Actually, daily when I go to work and back home I have music from various games in my random playlist.

You know what is really awesome: listening to the music of Bioshock when it's around sunset and raining quite a lot (and you're walking through the rain).

X6CXSTBaUsk

Fuck you, Patters.

If you didn't play GTA with the thumbs crowd back when that was a regular thing, I may come off as quite the dick here. Rest assured, this is all in good fun.

Fuck you Miffy! This was one of my favourite things about GTA http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7100&highlight=mario+land+theme

God dammit, i did do a search to see if there was a similar topic, but nothing relevant was showing up.

Anyways -

Yag16MwcV2Q

jsGPthUe8Po

bQ7ruKexLWI

aZniwmKLqDM

I just played this game, the soundtrack was very awesome.

Edited by Sno

Props to Thompson for mentioning Shatter's OST. One of the best ones out there for sure. If I had to pick one gaming OST as the best, It would probably have to be Super Mario Galaxy 2, but this gem from Silent Hill Shattered Memories, is pretty fantastic in it's own right.

but this gem from Silent Hill Shattered Memories, is pretty fantastic in it's own right.

Shattered Memories is so great, i would have loved to see more Silent Hill games in that vein.

Props to Thompson for mentioning Shatter's OST. One of the best ones out there for sure.

Listen to and then buy the entire album here.

It is excellent.

Listen to and then buy the entire album here.

It is excellent.

Oh you don't have to tell me twice man. Bought both the soundtrack and the game back when they came out.

Shattered Memories is so great, i would have loved to see more Silent Hill games in that vein.
Yea I picked it up on a whim, because I hadn't been playing much on my Wii, and I'm not even a Silent hill fan or anything, and I was really impressed with the whole experience. Scary, heartwarming, with great visuals and controls. Definitely one of the best Wii games I've played to date.