Sign in to follow this  
Inphidel

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

So I've been playing stalker a lot lately. I find the American accent quite hilarious - however I've gotten it stuck in my head that Here I am the only American Stalker in the zone, and everyone else is really just anti-American. so they use terms like "Hey Bro!" in a mocking way. like all us American's are the same!

So I've been role playing that way. so its not uncommon I end up approaching some stalkers and getting greeted like that which is closely followed by a gun fight and some looting :P

That'll teach em to mock me!

So I've been playing stalker a lot lately. I find the American accent quite hilarious - however I've gotten it stuck in my head that Here I am the only American Stalker in the zone, and everyone else is really just anti-American. so they use terms like "Hey Bro!" in a mocking way. like all us American's are the same!

So I've been role playing that way. so its not uncommon I end up approaching some stalkers and getting greeted like that which is closely followed by a gun fight and some looting :P

That'll teach em to mock me!

"Howdy-ho, Stalker!" "Drop by sometimes! It can be fun around here!"

I've been having a lot of fun with COP. It's actually been way easier then the previous games for me, it seems like I always have more ammo and medicine then I'll ever need. It's still a damn good time, though. Great soundtrack, too.

I also enjoy how guns are almost always referred to as "shooters".

I think it was dead when i started it :D not enough people like stalker apparently?

I still gotta just sit down and play it for a day straight with the shades drawn to get the full effect.

If only the controls felt more intuitive. Seems like the UK has a different standards for typical Shooter defaults :)

There was a long thread about stalker already some time ago

I'll post here when I get the time to replay the series.:)

Just beat it yesterday. It was good! I eagerly away the Complete mod.

I'm waiting for it for when I play it. I have only played Shadow with it's respective complete mod.

I'm waiting for it for when I play it. I have only played Shadow with it's respective complete mod.
Whoa, I had not heard of this. Link, please?

Cool, thanks.

One problem I have is that the first time I ran COP, it ran beautifully.

The second time, it ran like shit, and has continued to do so. It hasn't stopped me from loving the game, but it is vexing.

I've been having small game-bleeding-into-reality moments recently. On my way to work, there's a nearby gas station that I frequent to get drinks, snacks, etc. One of the regular cashiers is a guy with a vaguely Russian/Ukrainian/eastern European accent who greets me with "What's up, brother?" I'm almost tempted to ask if he's got any anti-radiation meds he's willing to trade for...

I've been having small game-bleeding-into-reality moments recently. On my way to work, there's a nearby gas station that I frequent to get drinks, snacks, etc. One of the regular cashiers is a guy with a vaguely Russian/Ukrainian/eastern European accent who greets me with "What's up, brother?" I'm almost tempted to ask if he's got any anti-radiation meds he's willing to trade for...

hehe. I work in a place that still has some old soviet buildings, some pretty much look like taken from Stalker. One is still saying "Long Live KPSS". So I'm reminded of the game pretty often. Also, I think some scenes from the Tarkovsky movie "Stalker" were filmed about 500 meters from our office (can't find a reference right now though).

If you were to ask me what single player game I've enjoyed most this year...Stalker: Call of Pripyat would be very likely the one I'd put forth (Red Dead Redemption is also in the running...but CoP has AKs in it...and AKs will always get some love from me...especially AKs with real com-bloc style scopes on them (or the ability to attach them)).

Anybody else love just scrounging around for stuff to sell and being a part of the world looking for artifacts, scavenging every useful scrap you can carry after a firefight, and all that.

I've also found that the pump shotgun is amazing for killing dogs...and I realized that makes me a horrible dog murderer...especially after I started to love hearing their yelps after I put them down DOOM style (boom yelp click clack).

I just wish I could customize the weapons more...I'd love to put some nice Russian laminate wood furniture on my AK-74 and I'd love to put some wood grips on my pistols and to have some stainless variants of some of them.

I also think the drunk mechanic guy wants me...anybody knows if I can get sex in this game ME2 style? I want to see some awkward dude love mo-cap sex!

so, It appeared like I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. more then the average bear. over the weekend I had tabbed out of my game to google some directions - and had since then left it running in the background - I'm nearing 40 hours of game time on steam :P

:tup::tup::tup: Thank you THQ for requiring me to write down keypad numbers and type them in myself. - such a nice friendly and familiar thing I don't see enough in modern games

:tup::tup::tup: Thank you THQ for requiring me to write down keypad numbers and type them in myself. - such a nice friendly and familiar thing I don't see enough in modern games

GSC Gameworld...

true true.

I'm currently almost done with SOC - that's what I'm actually referring to. didn't feel the need to make a new thread ;P working my way to COP - I will wait for the complete mod however since it makes the game that much better.

Would love to play this, but I want to complete my backlog first. And if I ever replay Stalkers with their respective Complete mods, I'll probably play the first two before the third.