Tanukitsune

I did it! Now what?!

sig.gif

So.... Today I finally beat my backlog.... I gotta say, Valkyria Chronicles was the perfect finish for my backlog, it's such a great game... But... now what? :erm:

I wanted to reward myself, since I've forbidden myself from going onto eBay to buy old games not to mention I haven't replayed an old game in ages!

But the few games I'm interested in hard to find or too expensive...:frusty:

I'm half expecting that Steam with release the Ultimate Bundle of Destiny today just to mess with me....:blink:

I think I'll install ScummVM and maybe treat me to an XBLA game later?:yep:

Anyway, I gotta bury the backlog beast, it's carcass starting to attract flies... :buyme:

Contratulations!

As for what to play, since your backlog is empty, you could probably lift your self imposed ebay ban. Or check for steam sales.

Hmmm not really related, but that seems to be an interesting site/service - never heard of it before. I think I'll join up but I might cause the site to crash with how big my backlog is.

There's still quite a few PS3 games you should try... Heavy Rain, God of War 3, RCF: A Crack in Time, Demon's Souls (to name a few)

There's still quite a few PS3 games you should try... Heavy Rain, God of War 3, RCF: A Crack in Time, Demon's Souls (to name a few)

I'll get those when the price drops... except Demon Souls... It's sounds too "rapey" difficulty-wise...:blink:

But....System Shock 2 isn't on your list!

Also, Big Bang Mini on the DS is pretty sweet. I see it pretty cheap over here all the time.

Congrats on completing it all!

But....System Shock 2 isn't on your list!

Also, Big Bang Mini on the DS is pretty sweet. I see it pretty cheap over here all the time.

Congrats on completing it all!

Once again, I'll get it when the price drops! Why pay 60€ for a game you know will eventually cost 30 or 20€? :mock:

Oh sweet lord, i have never seen that site.

You have ruined my life sir, ruined it! Its liek a steam sale, but all the game will work on my piece of crap rig.

I should hope SS2 appears some day. Its so ridiculously good. I'm glad i have my own copy i can install when i get a hankering:)

Oh sweet lord, i have never seen that site.

You have ruined my life sir, ruined it! Its liek a steam sale, but all the game will work on my piece of crap rig.

I should hope SS2 appears some day. Its so ridiculously good. I'm glad i have my own copy i can install when i get a hankering:)

Meh, there are only a few games there that were really worth it for me, the rest kinda bored me...:blink:

Edit: It looks like Backloggery gives you an achievement for beating the backlog! Woot!

medallion.gif

Edited by Tanukitsune

See, one of the advantages of being a teenager is that you never have enough money to purchase games. On one hand that means you don't have a backlog of unfinished games that sit on your shelves and haunt you!

The downside being that you never have enough money to purchase games.

You win some, you lose some.

See, one of the advantages of being a teenager is that you never have enough money to purchase games. On one hand that means you don't have a backlog of unfinished games that sit on your shelves and haunt you!

The downside being that you never have enough money to purchase games.

You win some, you lose some.

It's the best time in life to get involved in competitive multiplayer.

I... am very very afraid of what my "backloggery" profile would look like if I actually kept one...

I think the only thing keeping me from being crushed under the weight of game is that I forget just how deep the backlog goes at this point.

I... am very very afraid of what my "backloggery" profile would look like if I actually kept one...

I think the only thing keeping me from being crushed under the weight of game is that I forget just how deep the backlog goes at this point.

Well, one benefit of having an actual list is that it keeps you focused on games you already have. Much easier to resist buying new games when have a list of other ones staring you in the face. It also forces you to choose whether you actually give a damn about some games. My own list was around 25 items, and it's around 13 now. Some of that is actually finishing games, but some of them I just wasn't enjoying, so I removed them from my backlog and put them up on Goozex.

Of course, it also depend on what you consider backlog. Some people lump all the games they want to play together and call it a backlog. I keep separate lists. One for backlog, which is made up of games that I currently own, or have borrowed/rented and that are unfinished, or that I am replaying. Then there is my wishlist, which is everything else that I want to play. That list has around 350 games on it (down from 450 not too long ago).

What? Some people actually consider games that they've beaten but are replaying part of their backlog? That's just silly... :eek:

Then again, some people just download every ROM ever made and consider that their backlog...:shifty:

But yeah, you have to be aware of your backlog to deal with it!

It's the best time in life to get involved in competitive multiplayer.
I'm notoriously shy, so doing that is far harder then it should be.

Tanukitsune, ever since you introduced me to this service I've been thinking about games constantly... and more about beating them. It strives to solve my biggest regrets about myself as a gamer: never finishing shit. I've also been looking for a service like this to track my games in general - I even add MMO's and multiplayer games on here with a NULL value just to track myself analytically - OCD?

The admins even responded to one of my emails requesting an exporting function - which they said was already in the works.

I've been pretty active of late with a spiffy new header design and everything:

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=drath

I've been searching around the Idle Thumbs forums and can't seem to find other people that are on The Backloggery? Would be nice to get them on my friends list if possible.

It's good to be aware of your backlog, if you're not aware of it will get neglected and just grow bigger and bigger!

Why are you playing MMO if you have a backlog?:(

Thunderpeel has one, but he hasn't updated it... I don't think he uses it?

I think I remember others mentioning they like this service, but I don't remember who...:blink:

What? Some people actually consider games that they've beaten but are replaying part of their backlog? That's just silly... :eek:

Then again, some people just download every ROM ever made and consider that their backlog...:shifty:

But yeah, you have to be aware of your backlog to deal with it!

Well, maybe I'm just weird. Part of it is also that right now I using Giant Bomb's lists, with separate lists for Collection, Wishlist and Backlog. With Backloggery, it wouldn't show up unless I marked it Now Playing.

...I've been searching around the Idle Thumbs forums and can't seem to find other people that are on The Backloggery? Would be nice to get them on my friends list if possible.

I tried backloggery for a while, but it was missing a few features that I wanted, so I transfered my lists to Giant Bomb, which has the searchable database and the boxart. But it is a generic list system. It wasn't really designed for Collections/Wishlists/Backlogs. All you get is the game title, boxart and a comment, and you have to sort manually. It has a couple of the features I want but it missing most of the rest, so I think I am going to revive my Backloggery. Because I haven't used it in a while, it's a bit out of date right now, but I'll be updating it this weekend. Here's the link, add me if you like: http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=garden_ninja

The Backloggery is obviously only for backlogs, it's not to show off all the games you have.... it's to show off all the games you have beaten! :mock:

Why are you playing MMO if you have a backlog?:(

The backlog is important, but not more important than trying new things and having fun. MMO's fill a certain need I have once and awhile. I'm not playing any MMO's currently (since I have started the backlog), but no doubt will play one in the future even with a backlog. I feel the same way about Multiplayer experiences in general as well, such as Team Fortress 2 which I have been playing in between my backlog. I know it goes against your rules :(

I tried backloggery for a while, but it was missing a few features that I wanted, so I transfered my lists to Giant Bomb, which has the searchable database and the boxart.

I feel this is a good thing. I'm going to have a lot of obscure games that don't appear in any database whatsoever eventually when I get my whole backlog loaded up - cover art is important but becomes irrelevant with all the different versions/regions/releases of artwork that don't match your own. It's a very open environment which is a bad thing in a sense - nobody is beholden to anything, there's no "standard" for adding games. The ROM thing is definitely an issue like Tanukitsune said. But those things I'm willing to part with some "control/standardization" for the ability to have a cool public list and interface that Backloggery offers.

The backlog is important, but not more important than trying new things and having fun. MMO's fill a certain need I have once and awhile. I'm not playing any MMO's currently (since I have started the backlog), but no doubt will play one in the future even with a backlog. I feel the same way about Multiplayer experiences in general as well, such as Team Fortress 2 which I have been playing in between my backlog. I know it goes against your rules :(

I feel this is a good thing. I'm going to have a lot of obscure games that don't appear in any database whatsoever eventually when I get my whole backlog loaded up - cover art is important but becomes irrelevant with all the different versions/regions/releases of artwork that don't match your own. It's a very open environment which is a bad thing in a sense - nobody is beholden to anything, there's no "standard" for adding games. The ROM thing is definitely an issue like Tanukitsune said. But those things I'm willing to part with some "control/standardization" for the ability to have a cool public list and interface that Backloggery offers.

There is nothing wrong with playing a few hours of MMO or multiplayer, as long as you don't play them from dusk to dawn....

Or you don't have ridiculously big backlog...

The backloggery is perfect for adding obscure games, since it doesn't have a database... which means you could technically add games that don't exist.... But why would you do that? :|