jennoa

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 2

I will also be unavailable in July, August would work better for me.

Also, after listening to the latest cast, we must play Telltale office rules!

Ahh, haven't listened to the podcast yet but I'd be up for playing again. We definitely would need more commitment from all players. Idlers *guffaw* ruin the game.

I could see us playing one of the spiral galaxies to add a twist on things :yep:

I could see us playing one of the spiral galaxies to add a twist on things :yep:

Delicious.

I'm up for another one:)

If there happens to be an open slot when this all rolls 'round, I'd love to be violently conquered.

BONNIE WHY!!!

I honestly spewed something when that second revelation came up in the cast, hehe.

I'm ready to go again. I thought I would need to take a break but after listening to the podcast, I miss it already.

I do like the idea of being anonymous. However, I don't have access to NP when I'm away form home. I don't want to screw up the game by not being able to answer messages in a timely fashion. Maybe by the time we get a new game going the iPhone version will be released. Fingers crossed.

I'm on the fence about joining this endeavor. On the one hand, all the political maneuvering sounds fascinating to me. On the other hand, strategy games confuse me, and I am terrible at them.

What to do?

I'm on the fence about joining this endeavor. On the one hand, all the political maneuvering sounds fascinating to me. On the other hand, strategy games confuse me, and I am terrible at them.

What to do?

I'll take you under my wing as my protege and then stab you repeatedly in the back until all your stars are mine. It'll be good fun!

What to do?

You can join a trial game for free. These don't do private games with engaged players any justice, but you'll get a good feel for the game. Anyone who's on the fence should at least have a taste of the free games.

The worst thing a player in the private game could do is lose interest and stop playing within the first week, so let's try to avoid that :)

Also, if we really do have enough interest, I could create a game this time instead of waiting till August.

You can join a trial game for free. These don't do private games with engaged players any justice, but you'll get a good feel for the game. Anyone who's on the fence should at least have a taste of the free games.

The worst thing a player in the private game could do is lose interest and stop playing within the first week, so let's try to avoid that :)

Also, if we really do have enough interest, I could create a game this time instead of waiting till August.

Alright, I'll check out a free game, and see if I like Neptune's Prideful Bounty.

Okay! I check out that free game, and decided that I will never play Neptune's Pride (or Bounty, I actually can't remember anymore) ever again! :getmecoat

Okay! I check out that free game, and decided that I will never play Neptune's Pride (or Bounty, I actually can't remember anymore) ever again! :getmecoat

Wow, didn't even make it a day

Margraviate of Brandenburg

My position wasn't a superb one when the game started so I just played quiet and defensive for most of the early game. For much of the early-mid game I was Tech trading & attempting to mutually assist Joflar against the giant that was Wurtzi. As I started to make headway in the far northern regions of Wurtzi's territory Joflar decided that would be an opportune time to attack my southern systems which forced me to withdraw forces from the Wurtzi front and redeploy for a slugfest with Joflar. This was prior to Wurtzi going AI so I figured I'd be dead soon enough but I wanted to make sure that The Betrayer went down with me. Since I didn't feel like bothering with RPing or anything in a game that I thought I'd soon be out of I stopped communicating with the other players to a great extent.

The only communication I have done since then was with Dibs. Trading my speed tech for some weapon tech since it seemed that Joflar was getting weapon tech from some of his neighbors and I couldn't keep up.

This is where we of the Margriaviate are at now. Determined to crush Joflar for his crimes against the honest & good people of Brandenburg. He shall pay. :( *cackles*

I'd be interested in a new game if you need more players. :grin:

I won motherfuckers. its over. 188 stars. never again.

Margraviate of Brandenburg

My position wasn't a superb one when the game started so I just played quiet and defensive for most of the early game. For much of the early-mid game I was Tech trading & attempting to mutually assist Joflar against the giant that was Wurtzi. As I started to make headway in the far northern regions of Wurtzi's territory Joflar decided that would be an opportune time to attack my southern systems which forced me to withdraw forces from the Wurtzi front and redeploy for a slugfest with Joflar. This was prior to Wurtzi going AI so I figured I'd be dead soon enough but I wanted to make sure that The Betrayer went down with me. Since I didn't feel like bothering with RPing or anything in a game that I thought I'd soon be out of I stopped communicating with the other players to a great extent.

The only communication I have done since then was with Dibs. Trading my speed tech for some weapon tech since it seemed that Joflar was getting weapon tech from some of his neighbors and I couldn't keep up.

This is where we of the Margriaviate are at now. Determined to crush Joflar for his crimes against the honest & good people of Brandenburg. He shall pay. :( *cackles*

I'd be interested in a new game if you need more players. :grin:

What happened was Wurtzi had steamrolled me but left a few fleets alive. He then asked for help because Yellow had attacked him, and then asked me to attack you. Then Wurtzi went AI and I persisted, hoping that I could take you and then swallow up all of his abandoned territory. Instead I got stuck in a nasty drawn out war...

What happened was Wurtzi had steamrolled me but left a few fleets alive. He then asked for help because Yellow had attacked him, and then asked me to attack you. Then Wurtzi went AI and I persisted, hoping that I could take you and then swallow up all of his abandoned territory. Instead I got stuck in a nasty drawn out war...

Congrats Dibs(late)

Yeah it was weird game, I mean I think it was the most uneventful, unexciting one I've ever played. I think if we could have taken the actives of Puffins and Wizards we would have had a full cool game.

I stopped playing when everyone went AI, but then started up when Wizards was finishing up. I used Puffins as an experiment; which totally failed due to teh speed of the game, though I am absolutely sure this would work in a faster game.

I was playing prison rules, where I take everything I had from the first second and send it hurling towards the closest enemy. The problem is that took days. But it still worked I capture Blues core worlds and had him chasing me down for a few stars until I met my end.

I was far behind in star count at that point but I figured the disruption to his economy, science and industry that early would have screwed him. Not so much. We basically duked it out for the rest of the game in a cluster of stars on our border then it turned cold.

We just sent fleets and fleets and fleets towards two stars defending, no one ever making the first move.

It wasn't until dibs got really powerful from what Im assuming is just the lack of opposition near him, though he did follow Jennoa until the ends of the galaxy(literally right into my territory, which, for a small civilization is pretty impressive on Jennoas part since he had to fight his way through Mareks territory.. who pretty much had just an obscene amount of stockpile on every star(for that stage of the game) that things turned. Blue was trading with Dibs, so I started trading with dibs to get weapons, this helped the stalemate but also helped me get an edge on the Ai around me, so I took FAT CATs territory and some of Diumms that helped at least keep me in the game a bit longer.

It's a shame though that my initial plan didn't work and that Marek with MIA, we were neighbors and both squids, I really wanted to have an awesome alliance with him to enact a Squidining across the galaxy, but it never was to be. And it was so perfect that Blue was a space turtle, because we had three aquatic races right next to each other and squids are a natural enemy of the turtle(in my head anyway) I also had Diumm as a potential ally since he was a spider like race which are kind of like tentacles!

Ah well, missed opportunity there.

Also Blue. WHO THE HELL IS BLUE?!(Thunderpeel?) He would not talk, not once until the very end when I asked to call off the cold war to prepare for Dibs. Then he sent one message, thats it.

I swore he was sophisticated AI, thats why I didn't feel so bad not communicating with him after initial contact and just trying to fight. But he was obviously a player, but WHO WAS HE?

That mystery alone drove me nuts.

PS: Does anyone know what happened to Wurtzi? he dropped out of both games and he was clearly in the lead in Puffins, I don't think I've seen him post either. I was hoping to make amends this game since I royally screwed him in the first one.