jennoa

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 2

Man the busted chat makes this game even more surreal. It's as though some inexplicable galactic phenomenon has wiped out all open communication channels.

Ha, that's awesome.

Though honestly we were pretty chatty at the start, I miss it.

All this talk of min/maxing is interesting to me, since that is exactly the opposite to how I play for the most part.

I left a small thermo nuclear device at the centre of one of those planets. By the time you find it, it will be too late. Muhahahaha.

You monster.

You were the true monster my friend. The jennovan Republic does not relish your destruction.

I wish there was a spectator mode in the game. At least a replay mode, I don't think it'd be too difficult to generate a .png with images from each day and a log at the end.

That may be the problem. No one has said a thing in my other game and it's loading just fine. At least the "Welcome to Neptune's Pride. First time player? Read the Tutorial." part is.

Ha, that's awesome.

Yeah it was by far the chattiest Neptune's Pride game I've played (not that I've played tons). I've also gotten more direct mail than I've ever gotten in this game. I'm doing a really poor job of replying to it in a timely fashion because I've been checking the game pretty irregularly.

That may be the problem. No one has said a thing in my other game and it's loading just fine. At least the "Welcome to Neptune's Pride. First time player? Read the Tutorial." part is.

Well we totally loaded up the chat window in the last completed game, but it was over time, maybe we hit it too hard and too fast.

I love this game SO MUCH!

Another gamer recommended this music to play Neptune to:

OIUxwEJ-GXI

Chat works!

I don't know if anyone else is seeing it, but I got mine working, I tried typing something into it even if it was stuck on loading and it all came back and is visible now, lol.

When you pan the screen, stars in the foreground will change their relative position quickly while the background stars will move slowly. It creates a really neat 3D effect. Didn't realize that until today!

I'm pretty much done with Puffin galaxy. I can't seem to pay attention to two different games and for some reason they are the complete opposite. Puffin is SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW; like wholey shit it still takes me 10 hours to go two inches.

Also, puffin feels dead, I think most of us switched over to Wizards and Im currently in a losing battle with Blue; who won't talk and doesn't have an AI symbol, but it might as well be... it's weird.

Anyway, I still think a game like Wizard would work if the starts were a bit farther a part and something I'm more into.

After Wizards, I'm going to take a break but totally want another game later. My passive neutral style wasn't intended to win the game, but Im way behind in everything that would allow me to do what I wanted.

The only play style that has seemed to work for me is agressive expansion.

No wonder i'm doing ok in Puffin if you all buggered off to Wiz. It is difficult to concentrate on 2 games. Especially with the same people. I only just noticed that my very nice neighbour in one is my not very nice neighbour in the other. Lest hope there isn't a crisis on infinite Zul-ek-arkibis.

You guys are going to play the 12-player spiral galaxy next, I just know it!

No wonder i'm doing ok in Puffin if you all buggered off to Wiz. It is difficult to concentrate on 2 games. Especially with the same people. I only just noticed that my very nice neighbour in one is my not very nice neighbour in the other. Lest hope there isn't a crisis on infinite Zul-ek-arkibis.

MUHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just started a game with my friends who live in town. Ran with default settings, 12 players, and alliances. You can see what extra stars and 1ly homeworlds does to the map:

15nrm6h.png

Wizards is so tiny!

I'm traveling, and so it's getting harder and harder to check these games in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, I'm at a turning point in both games and if I can't at least log on daily, this doesn't look good.

Gotta stay steadfast against the Remoid army.

As the galaxy turns, these are the production cycles of our lives.

I lost my internet connection at home for 3 days and when I finally was able to log back in I lost a lot of planets and the AI spent all my money on stupid things. So I think I'm out now. :(

As the galaxy turns, these are the production cycles of our lives.

Seriously. Someone may be taking home a Daytime Space Emmy when this is over.

Augh! I don't log on for a few days cause I'm busy with my paper, and suddenly all my planets are white or green. Murdoc is a backstabber.

Augh! I don't log on for a few days cause I'm busy with my paper, and suddenly all my planets are white or green. Murdoc is a backstabber.

We had no agreement with you, so not sure how I'm a backstabber. Sorry that I attacked when you weren't logged in though, I didn't know.

The Neptunian people may be neutral, but in order to maintain our neutrality new territories needed to be expanded. Since the Remo is conquering the north, we decided occupy the nation of Hermies to preserve some balance.

For the most part this is a tame game. It's strange because I went into it and still am playing with a competitive slant but that really doesn't seem like the case with the rest of the galaxy in general. Very odd to me...

Well that was fun but I'm glad it's over.

Congratulations Chris. I'm curious why you didn't break up that huge megafleet sooner, you probably could have ended the game a few days ago. I do feel kind of bad for dragging the game out so long but I had a good reason.

Are you guys cool with some post game strategy disclosure? I have a few questions about specific things and I don't want to give anything away in case you guys are going to jump right into another game.

I totally want to play again but I need to take a couple weeks off.