jennoa

Neptune's Bountiful Pride 2

If this overspills i can host one. I'll even try my best to organise it this time. :P

Well we have a full list now

1. Jennoa

2. Chris

3. Wurtsi

4. Murdoc

5. SGP

6. ENS

7. DIUM

8. dibs

9. toblix

10. bd_monkey

11. Jhraid

12. Hermie

That seems like it would cause a really extreme curve towards the end game, which already sort of happens in this game, so my vote would be no on that, but I'm willing to give anything a try really.

That's a good point. I had not taken the end game into consideration.

Also, I'm sure I'm dead in puffin galaxy, my strategy seems like it would have worked in a faster game.

You're not alone there. Given star spacing in my region (non-occupied stars requiring 1 or 2 range upgrades to reach) even in optimal flight timing I would've gotten maybe 20 planets before I would've been locked into the corner. As it stands I think I'll max at around 16-17 planets with a quick falloff as I get gobbled. :violin::mock:

After having played several games I think I generally prefer lower # of starting planets to the higher settings. The higher starting planet games fill out, as in all the planets are occupied, far too quickly IMO. It alleviates some of the early game slow down that lower starting world games have but it trades it for a slow down several days in when empires aren't really differentiated enough to actually make headway against one another but have no room for expansion other than the periphery.

That's in my very limited experience though. I'd be interested to hear other thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Jhriad

Yep, already in territorial disputes out in Puffin country, it's the beginning of the end.

Yep, already in territorial disputes out in Puffin country, it's the beginning of the end.

Already?

Man I feel your pain. I was in a constant war right off the bat in the last game too.

This time i am stuck in a corner of the map where i can't reach any stars until I upgrade range. So yeah, everything is going to be taken up before that happens.

Well we have a full list now

1. Jennoa

2. Chris

3. Wurtsi

4. Murdoc

5. SGP

6. ENS

7. DIUM

8. dibs

9. toblix

10. bd_monkey

11. Jhraid

12. Hermie

I am going to go ahead and create the game. I don't think anyone else wants in.

I am going to go ahead and create the game. I don't think anyone else wants in.

Cool, there always more people willing to host, though after this I will be taking a break, too stressful, lol.

But I have a ton of credits left over to host more games in the future, so even if I'm on break and someone needs a host I don't mind.

the password I sent out should be all lowercase by the way.

Ahhh, that would be why I couldn't get in. Thanks!

10/12 have joined. Let's hope the last player joins at a convenient time for everyone. I'm Ethos in the game.

If someone doesn't join that is supposed to I'd love to play. I don't check the forum for a day or so and I miss a new thread that's already at two pages. The internet is a harsh mistress.

EDIT: Changed "places" to "pages."

Places? What is wrong with me? I am glad I thought to note this edit rather than sleuthily avoid embarassment.

Edited by Boris Stoke

Here is the begining map it is going to be rather heated I think.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=168&filename=wck.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Note to self: In the future don't adjust the average distance of stars

Yeah... thats like the most claustrophobic map I've seen yet. By the time the 3rd or 4th speed upgrade hits this galaxy is going to be a shit storm, hehe.

Also we got to chose our what initial upgrades are? I kind of liked the preset stuff.

Yeah... thats like the most claustrophobic map I've seen yet. By the time the 3rd or 4th speed upgrade hits this galaxy is going to be a shit storm, hehe.

Also we got to chose our what initial upgrades are? I kind of liked the preset stuff.

I left the upgrade options at their default settings. I could have set them to start anywhere from level 1 to level 5 or disabled research for a particular tech. One possible scenario being everyone stars with

Weapons lvl. 3

Range lvl. 2

Speed lvl. 1

Scan lvl. 1

Then disable research for Range and speed, and then make weapons research expensive and scan research cheap.

It is amazing the number of options, and it is equally impressive what a huge effect changing only one variable has on the map. I made the average distance just a little closer, and the result is this.

I meant with the money and where to put resources on which stars.

Yeah the options for the different games types are seem to make a big difference, it keeps things fresh which is really cool.

I love how we are systematically checking and realizing why the default settings are where they are.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing SOMETHING at least. o/ (I think)

Hopefully I will not get raepd too hard.

Updated Map:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=148&filename=t1o.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Click for a larger image.

Things are getting tight already.

What resolution do you guys play at to get the full map like that? or can the mini map just zoom out further?

Also, I've seen it before and I saw it again today but I have no idea how to get to it. A list of all your stars and the cost of upgrades on it. I know how to turn on the cost overlay in the map, but was trying to hit windows key -e today to get a folder and the list of stars came up on the right... no idea what I accidently clicked to get that.

When browsing Stars, right above the Fleet Strength there are 3 "Find Cheapest" buttons. You can click them, or use E-I-S to pull it up.

Thanks SGP.

Does anyone know who Schmeptune is? I'm playing a neutral race, but Schmep is beside me and isn't playing; I think the AI will take over soon, so I might just grab a couple extra stars near him if that's the case.

What resolution do you guys play at to get the full map like that? or can the mini map just zoom out further?

Also, I've seen it before and I saw it again today but I have no idea how to get to it. A list of all your stars and the cost of upgrades on it. I know how to turn on the cost overlay in the map, but was trying to hit windows key -e today to get a folder and the list of stars came up on the right... no idea what I accidently clicked to get that.

I actually cheat, and take two screenshots, then combine them in photoshop.

UNfortunatly, my neighbour bdmonkey has timed out of Puffin Galaxy as well.

Oh dear.

Thanks SGP.

Does anyone know who Schmeptune is? I'm playing a neutral race, but Schmep is beside me and isn't playing; I think the AI will take over soon, so I might just grab a couple extra stars near him if that's the case.

I can't tell if he's playing or not. He's definitely moving his ships around and putting them on stars, because I can see him next to me, I just have no idea if they're on waypoints he set a while ago and forgot about, or what.

EDIT: Yeah he's definitely doing something.

Edited by Chris