Sign in to follow this  
HPopper

Civilization IV: Shut the Hell Up, Montezuma

Okay, so I downloaded the pitboss exe and threw it into the civ folder. Then, it started patching my game:

FcmHi.png

I am not hopeful.

This thread says someone with a non-steam version will have to send me a patched exe for this to work.

What's your e-mail address? I'll send it to you.

If that doesn't work, I will try hosting. (Though if I host, there might be a kerfuffle at some point during the game when I move.)

Okay, we're up and running. PM me for the URL and password. I might have to open a port or two if it doesn't handle that for me. I also added the game to CivStats, although I'm not sure I know what I'm doing.

Okay, we're up and running. PM me for the URL and password. I might have to open a port or two if it doesn't handle that for me. I also added the game to CivStats, although I'm not sure I know what I'm doing.

I'm updating the first post.

I connected just fine and finished my turn. I see Hpopper and another person in here as well.

Oh, okay. I'm looking at the little window, and it only shows me. When was it you connected?

Oh, okay. I'm looking at the little window, and it only shows me. When was it you connected?

About 2 hours ago.

I connected about 8 hours ago. I'm the Russians. Who are you, Joflar?

PS: I think the CivStats Uploader disconnected.

If there's room and you figure this out, I'd be willing to join in. I have a non Steam version of Civ IV that I'd need to dust off, but if all else goes bad I can rebuy it anyway (just so I have it for Mac too, and the expansion packs.)

Hmm, could I connect to the game from the Mac version?

Sombres German empires lives. Prepare to be crushed by our efficient and well organised boot.

Sleepdance, Wurtsi, and Murdoc haven't logged in yet. If they're not playing, I think n0wak should get a chance.

On second thought I don't think I'll be participating at least in this round. You can give n0wak my spot.

There are still three or four unclaimed spots. We've only taken a couple of moves, so feel free to PM me for the connection info.

toblix has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

:tdown:

:tdown:

Yeah, I've asked them to increase the inbox size, since 100 is pretty small. Anyway, I cleared out some old stuff, so send again plz thx

Okay, Napoleon and Isabella are still unclaimed, and we're only a couple of turns in. If someone wants to get in this thing, PM me.

Know what would be cool to do? If everyone would make himself notes every turn about the progress of his civilization. It wouldn't be time counsuming, since it's only one or two sentances, but when we would put them one next to each other it would probably be something amazing. Also, it would be a smart thing to write it from a perspection of a leader, not a player.

Something like this:

Turn2/year 3654654b.c.:Our civilization has settled and build a city named 'Intelektualno kraljestvo nore krave'(probably something shorter) near

Fuck you, I'm not telling it

You could incloude what your civilization thinks about others at specific moment,....

Day 1: Dropped next to an ocean so I can get clams. Aptly named "Rapture". No God or Kings. Only men.

Day 2: Moved my scout West, and found an indignious tribe, who granted me a pair of their residents as further scouts. We moved Westward, seeking fertile lands, and used our second party to scout South, as we train a worker in Rapture so we can produce farming and worthwhile sustenance for the nomadic German people. Everything's coming up Germany.

Day 3: We continue what we set forth the previous day. Things are still looking prosperous.

The lack of other civilizations is worrying. Are we the only ones on this barren earth?

I think that it would be somehow smarter not to post it here for stategic purposes and have it in a Word document(If not, at least update here only once a month or so). Anyone else for this?

Edited by Sleepdance

I'll probably not give regular or comprehensive or interesting updates, but so far I have:

1. Founded my first city
  2. Moved some dudes around

Who knows how long we'd been walking? Our feet were torn and blistered, our skin was dry and cracked from the blazing sun, and our bellies ached for even a meager scrap of food. Yet no one complained, no woman wept, no child cried out. We Mongolians are resolute, determined. My people put their trust in me, knowing that I would one day lead them to a place we could call home.

As the dawn broke over the horizon, we broke through the wilderness into an expanse of great promise and splendor. A wild, untamed land - but we would bend her soon enough. I knew the long-awaited day had finally arrived.

With crude tools, we scratched out the borders for our one-day Utopia in the dust and began the hard work. We packed our walls with damp earth, thatched our roofs with dried grasses. And at the center of it all, hewn from the rock itself, stood my palace. But there was no time to sit upon my stone throne, there was work to be done.

I dispatched a select group of my fastest men to scan the surrounding area. Spotting smoke in the distance, they headed into the wild, in hopes of finding an encampment. Perhaps they could provide some assistance for our fledgling civilization.

Day 1: Dropped next to an ocean so I can get clams. Aptly named "Rapture". No God or Kings. Only men.

I'm gonna make a city with only Gods and kick your ass to kingdom come.

Oh, whoops, nevermind, I'm not even in this thread!