Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Are you a teacher? Help a friend out!

Hello gang,

I have a stupid and incredibly inane piece of work to finish for university, in which as part of my "Professional business practise", I have to interview someone in the field which I want to get a career in when I finish my course.

It won't even be an interview of sorts, it's literally just several questions that will help me out a lot. I can also use it in a small research report about the job I want aswell.

If it wasn't already obvious from the title, I want to be a teacher when I finish.

If any of you are teachers, in any country, any age group of children (Younger grades are better but everything will be lovely). If anyone knows anyone who can help me by answering a couple of questions, please send me a PM via the forums, or even post in this thread if you choose!

Much obliged in advance!

I don't teach but my parents do. I could forward some questions to them if you want.

The most important questions I'd love to have answered would be :

1) How did you get into the job?

2) What made you want to get into teaching?

3) What do you think are the most positive aspects of the job?

4) And on the contrary, what do you think are some of the more negative?

5) What might you do in a typical working day?

6) What would you advise me to do now, as a student and prospective teacher to maximise my chances?

Knowing the country, agegroup of students and where they work/a surname would be lovely, if not only to add an air of legitimacy to my research. Again, if that's too personal, I can just call them John Everyman and Jane Doe. I really appreciate the help regardless, the more research and information I get, the more strong my researc looks. Thanks an absolute bundle !:tup:

I will answer your questions in five years or so when I have the experience to do so :P