toblix

LittleBigPlanet 2

Holy mother of God, this is going to be awesome. There were so few things wrong with the first game, and so much potential! If they've just improved and built on the original recipe (which seems to be the case) this could well be the most fantastic and amazing game to be released in the year of our Lord 2010.

Not only did they improve on it, they added crazy stuff like being able to build whole games. Trailer has kart racing, hamster racing, shooter, breakout clone, and all kinds of shit. And levels will be transferable from the first one.

While I don't own a PS3, LBP is by far the game I've played the most with friends that have it, and watching the trailer got me pretty stoked for more.

Also, Spaff's name is all over the Internet suddenly. Go Spaff!

Awesome! I didn't even know there was one in the works! I loved LBP so much, although my sad efforts to make levels were pretty pathetic. The idea of asking people to play anything I've created that's more advanced than that is downright cruel.

Between this, Civ 5 and Fable 3 (assuming they all come out on time), the second half of my year will be fantastic and expensive. :clap:

AAAAAAH!! This is going to be amazing! Another game I have to buy. Oh woe is me. :grin:

Thumbateer Co-op launch party, to be honest.

That trailer blew my face completely off my head, and I don't even own a ps3!

I should also stop watching trailers for games I won't be able to play. :P

Awesome. I was going to lobby my brother to get this, but he has just e-mailed me in a frenzy about it. woo.

As a PC only gamer this is the only game I really feel like I'm missing on something. The tools they seem to be offering remind me a lot of what the SC2 Galaxy Editor will do (probably not as flexible as SC2, though) and it really makes me "sad" that this won't ever hit the PC because I can really see the mod community do a lot more on the platform.

It's surprising to see their fans not being angry at the devs for directly lying to them about not releasing a sequel especially this soon.

Well, this was a great game. I've only played the story mode, so I don't know about the creation stuff, but I prefer LBP1's story mode to the sequel's. They added cut-scenes, more fleshed-out characters and a bunch of levels showing off their "not just a platformer" stuff, but none of this comes close to the greatness of the LBP1 story mode levels.

Anyone else play it through? What did you think?

The word "Was" shouldn't be used in association with Little Big PLanet 2. just the dozen or so user levels I've played so far have showed so much creativity. This is a game you can play every day and never run out of great content.

Anyone else play it through? What did you think?

I can't play the Little Bigs (besides Adventure) because they will suck my time all way, but I have a good friend really into them that is incredibly satisfied with all of the additions to the creation mode. Besides going back and adding things he wanted in the first place to the levels he made the first go around, he's tweaking minor things to make them more enjoyable.

He also has these plans for three different styles of gameplay, one of which he's experimenting with creating a sackboy that can do all sorts of fighting moves in a beat 'em up style. To me when he goes on and on about his ideas for what his levels could be like, I think he's having a blast.

I forgot to comment on this, but for what it's worth I got LBP2 and think it's probably the best platform game I've played since Yoshi's Island. Seriously, absolutely awesome and definitely sits alongside the all-time greats. If you don't like this you hate games, and probably little children and kittens too.

It's all the little touches that make it feel like so much more of a cohesive whole, like having proper themed overworlds and a more old-school way of navigating levels. Also the pacing of the levels and the frequent boss battles are superb.

The gameplay is definitely well above and beyond what I've ever experienced in any platformer before, in no small part thanks to the simple yet unbelievably fun-unlocking grappling hook and the Sackbots which will bring a smile to the faces of all but the most heartless and soulless of gamers

(Halo fans)

Creating is also a completely different kettle of fish this time, with literally just about anything being possible. I just saw this mech FPS someone's finished putting together:

T_CKjtjjcoI

I mean, like... whoa!

Also worth a mention:

Is it wrong to be way more in love with the rainbow cat thing than the obviously very amazing FPS thing?

Is it wrong to be way more in love with the rainbow cat thing than the obviously very amazing FPS thing?

If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

Forever until the end of time will I read 'Little Big Adventure' whenever this game series pops up.

Little Big Adventure 2 was AWESOME. :clap:

It had a KISS cameo. And sausage paratroopers. And that spinny wushu move he does when he gets the sword is adorable.

Little Big Adventure is the motherfucking cat's pajamas. What's so good about it? Oh, let's see,

• The sequel is better than the first game,
  • It's super fucking awesome, like BG&E on crack with sausage paratroopers on crack,
  • Laser beams are affected by gravity.

It was a painful period for me, watching Adeline go from having just made what I consider to be some of the best games ever made, to making Toy Commander and Battle Tag, a game released in Texas and Canada.

Well.. No Cliche (= Adeline bought by Sega) was going to work on Agartha, which would have been the spiritual successor to Alone in the Dark. Of course, being a Sega owned company they had to make a quick buck, hence Toy Commander. And then Sega bailed out and Agartha was sacked and No Cliche disbanded.

I'm just hoping Frederick Raynal would get a publisher and a new game done.

Also I hope that LBA1&2 would get re-released in GoG etc.