Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

I realised a while back that sign language interpreters are the one accessibility aid that, just by doing their job accurately, can make funny things funnier. There's action and reaction, and they're usually trying to keep up with the wordplay and bawdy language of the speaker.

Adam Hills has a bit on his favourite sign language:

That reads like the always worth relinking Uncomfortable Plot Summaries.

I had a go at some myself. Films spoiled below: Inherent Vice, Lucy, Kill List, Jack Reacher.

Inherent Vice: Burnt out hippy harasses business owners.

Lucy: Errant company asset proves to be irrecoverable.

Kill List: Religious organisation disrupted by trained killers.

Jack Reacher: Manipulative bum exonerates psychopath.

I think that classic summary is superior to the Uncomfortable Plot Summaries because it doesn't just accurately summarise the movie, but it does so while implying a very different genre. The Uncomfortable Plot Summaries have genre mostly stripped out.

Sorry, this isn't comical, but I just discovered this is the game cover for Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate in Japan:

1302114659-00.jpg

Beautiful!

Aww good ol' Kyrandia. I mean to play Lands of the Lore one day to see not-Zanthia.

You mean Dawn! Yeah, that was definitely Zanthia. There are some more subtle winks and references in Lands of Lore to the Kyrandia-world. Is that a pseudobushia hugiflora? I know Lands of Lore by heart :getmecoat