Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

They can't hurt you.

You're kidding?? I've suddenly lost my irrational fear of spiders! Why couldn't have someone informed me of this fact sooner?? :mock:

Some of us equate seeing horrific imagery of spiders with seeing horrific images. Yes, it's dumb. Yes, it's irrational. Yes, we're lame. But we're not asking a lot here.

Or flesh eating whatchamacallits?

Spider charts from Australia go from "dangerous" to "deadly".

You're kidding?? I've suddenly lost my irrational fear of spiders! Why couldn't have someone informed me of this fact sooner?? :mock:

Some of us equate seeing horrific imagery of spiders with seeing horrific images. Yes, it's dumb. Yes, it's irrational. Yes, we're lame. But we're not asking a lot here.

just teasing

They can't hurt you.

I don't want to say this, but fuck off with that argument. There are relatively few things I'm fearful of, but spiders are it for me. The only reason I can play many fantasy MMOs is because their spiders are fucking bizarre and often don't have the right number of eyes/legs/etc. Even then I typically get a bit off-balance and my skin crawls when fighting them. I don't care if it's a picture, I don't want to fucking see it because I feel terrible for a couple hours afterwords. Don't bloody do it.

My first thought when I see a person saying

Please don't ever post spiders. :\

is that this person is exaggerating their mild dislike of spiders so that their thoughts on seeing a picture of one ("Spiders are kind of gross. I wish I didn't see that picture.") are made amusing enough to merit posting. I do not think that this person is so revulsed by spiders that exposure to them leaves this person badly shaken for a while after.

(Warning: spider story incoming)

Today I discovered one of those small but long-legged spiders in my room and as is my policy, I wanted to scoop it up in a tissue, squash it and be done with it. But not this spider. Instead of being squashed it perched itself on the tissue and allowed me to carry it out of the room. O-kay, I said, you may live, but I'm throwing you in the garbage can.

Minutes later I had to chuck something and when I opened the lid again out jumped the spider. It glided down to the ground and frantically started running away from me over the kitchen floor. I honestly couldn't bring myself to step on it. This spider wanted to live badly. I thought to myself: you deserve life, spider. Such unrelenting tenacity and survival skills... you win.

6VGB

That's superficially similar to something I did quite a while ago:

housezo8.jpg

There are a couple of HORRIBLE .gifs of massive spiders on that site, apart from that there's some fairly good stuff.