Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

I had a big Baader-Meinhoff yesterday with the word 'braggadocio'. You'd THINK this is an obscure word, yet I encountered it in Oblivion the day before yesterday, looked it up, and then it appeared in True Grit a day later.

Well, Baader my Meinhoff!

I actually had the Baader Meinhof phenomenon play out with the Baader Meinhof—culminating in the discussion of the Baader Meinhof phenomenon itself. It was a weird thing.

I'm Baader-Meinhofing it hard over here with music.

First, I recently discovered and enjoyed this song.

KQ5-BTdcqjk

It has appeared in more than one podcast since then.

Secondly, the second song in the Hayaku video I posted in the YouTube thread appeared on one of the podcasts on which that first song appeared.

STOP PLAYING SONGS I ENJOY SOON AFTER I DISCOVER THEM, PODCASTS.

Games. Video games.

Video games. Video

Games. Video games.

Beauty at it's bestest beautiness.

Quick tie-back to the child gender debate from the last page of this thread, just saw this video.

Seems like an unbelievably stupid idea. While it's certainly not a bad thing to give the child choice over how it wants to express itself and play, it's just plain idiotic to say that you can let it choose it's own gender. It is what it is.

What's with all this jibba jabba, fools? Gimme unnecessarily comical pictures!

tumblr_llr6w3g34s1qabj53o1_400.jpg?.jpg

Here is something you'll only get if you're a good person:

Dx2IF.jpg

Oh, by the way. That guy that claimed that rapture would start on May 21st? Haha, funny story that, haha, it turns out there was a miscalculation. Don't get him wrong, judgement day HAS begun, but it's more of a "spiritual" judgement day, where our lord 'n saviour Jesus Christ looks at all of us and quietly judges. He now says that god is merciful and instead of spreading it out over months, he's just going to instantly destroy us on October the 21st! So... Put that in your calender. You get a few months more, but after that it's seriously over! Seriously!!

The Witcher 2 is kind of the inverse of that 1994 thing, init? "Oh my god I'm finally playing it!" "WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD!?!"

Many games were like that. Also I don't agree with the last image, I'd replace it with the first one.

Here's a question. Considering the source material of this picture, and that we're all here for the same reason (wizards are the Citizen Kane of games), why is this not some kind of smiley?

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif