Chris

Idle Thumbs London meet?

Wednesday and Thursday evenings are bad for me, I have stuff planned then. Other days should be fine.

How's Saturday for everyone then?

Whereever, whenever... I'll be there! (Unless I can't make it.) I'm sure there's other London Thumbs that have yet to make an appearance in this thread.

Friday I will be going to this comics event. Saturday my girlfriend is arriving late in the evening. So I can make at least a passing appearance on either of those days. Beyond that it's a little tricky.

I'm always happening. Whereever I am. Just give me a time and date and a place, and I'll be happening there, too.

What days are good for everyone? I'm pretty much good for any time, unless I manage to get to Cannes, in which case Tues and Weds will be out.

How about tuesday, 6pm onwards in Holborn area. There are zillions of places to go. Somewhere easy to find is the Melton Mowbrey(sp?) on Holborn road, just up from Chancery Lane tube.

Who knows. There's no firm agreement! I only suggested a weekday because I can't make saturdays :)

df20021001.jpg

OK. Well... I'm busy on Tuesday evening: I have a lecture at 6pm and finish work at 6pm, which gives me 0 minutes to get from work to university. I will still be near the Bloomsbury/Holborn area if something does happen, and will be still going on in the later hours of the evening.

Monday might work for me but that's the last feasible day, as I'm leaving on Tuesday.

Monday might work for me but that's the last feasible day, as I'm leaving on Tuesday.

Monday is doable, if others are OK with it.

Depending on how busy work is, I might be able to do something on Monday. I may have to stay late, though. I'd hopefully be able to get into London at some point between 7 pm and 8 pm.

So tonight, sun or mon. If we settle on mon, I'm free from 6ish onwards, can get anywhere in central, but I work in Holborn, so that's favourite. Come on folks!

So tonight, sun or mon. If we settle on mon, I'm free from 6ish onwards, can get anywhere in central, but I work in Holborn, so that's favourite. Come on folks!

Holborn would be good for me, I'd be getting in from Euston which is a short walk away. This seems like a good bet, though there is a lot of choice: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/el/Holborn;London/. Another that seems decent: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/13/13121/Old_Nick/Holborn

Really sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it down. I entirely forgot my first exam in on Thursday, I need to do a ton of revision.

Heh, found out this afternoon that I have to be in a meeting in Leeds tomorrow, followed by some testing up here anyway. I won't make it either. Sorry.

I can't make it either. I'm not visiting England right now, sorry.

So we're down to two maybes, two negatives, and a Shakira impersonator. And Jake.

I am working until six, and have a conflict of interests as my girlfriend is visiting. She is probably boozing with her foreign cohorts, though, which would free up my evening.

So are we still operating under the 'Old Nick from 6' plan?

Edited by Nevsky

It takes me about an hour to get home, and an hour to get into London, or perhaps an hour and a half if I go directly from work and remain hungry, so there'd have to be something definitely happening for me to make the trip. I'll check the thread later for BREAKING NEWS.

It looks like this is a bit too indefinite to plan something, particularly if some people would have to go much out of their way to make it work. Perhaps just wait until next time I visit your fair city?

It looks like this is a bit too indefinite to plan something, particularly if some people would have to go much out of their way to make it work. Perhaps just wait until next time I visit your fair city?

If only you'd visited Bristol :mock: