Sombre

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 7: Remember the Airfield

I remember way back in Idle Thumbs someone mentioned that they thought that Jeff Goldblum had played a rapist in some movie and everyone laughed at them. Well Goldblum DID play a rapist in a movie:

Death Wish in 1974

Three hooligans (one of whom is played by Jeff Goldblum in an early film appearance) are wreaking havoc in the supermarket, and catch Joanna's address after she tells a man at the store that she would like the groceries delivered to her apartment. They follow her to the apartment, and ring the doorbell. Believing it to be the delivery man from the grocery store, Carol answers. The hooligans proceed in and trash the apartment. They then search the apartment for money, but only find $7. The three hooligans then sexually assault Carol, killing Joanna in the process before fleeing the scene.

So whoever said that Goldblum did once rape someone in a movie is vindicated.

I remember way back in Idle Thumbs someone mentioned that they thought that Jeff Goldblum had played a rapist in some movie and everyone laughed at them. Well Goldblum DID play a rapist in a movie:

Death Wish in 1974

So whoever said that Goldblum did once rape someone in a movie is vindicated.

THAT WAS ME I AM VINDICATED

Tsk, he's not even credited as Rapist #1, but simply Freak #1.

what the fuck is going on with that siren in the background at 0:12:12 to 0:12:30? it totally distracted me from listening to what chris was actually saying at that point and made me laugh at how chris and the siren are seemingly being constantly interrupted by one another.....? xD

EDIT: btw...

Also, I hope Samuel L. Jackson is actually the owner of his own replica hand, with everything else you said still being true.

that....would be freaking weird...and hilarious! :tup:

Edited by tm_drummer

Struggling to download this today, which is a shame as I was looking forward to listening to the cast.

I get as far as Scoops telling Video Games to shut the fuck up and then it ends and I can't download any further.

That was the end of the show. Scoops told him to shut up and they stopped right there.

Wha?!?!

Lies!

I succumbed to iTunes and there is a lot more than a 10 second exert. But I can't figure out how to pause the playback.

Wha?!?!

Lies!

I succumbed to iTunes and there is a lot more than a 10 second exert. But I can't figure out how to pause the playback.

Wait, did you actually download it, or are you streaming from the iTunes Store? (To download it, click on the "free" button next to the cast, or the big one that says "subscribe free" to auto-download it)

thanks for the advice. For some one who works in the games industry I am the biggest technophobe

thanks for the advice. For some one who works in the games industry I am the biggest technophobe

Hey, don't worry about it, Video Games is a video gamephobe.

In response the the AR-15 discussion, AR-15 is short for Armalite 15...Armalite was the company Eugene Stoner worked for when he designed the AR-15 (and its parent design the AR-10). M-16 basically just means Model 16...the M is something the military uses across a wide variety of equipment types. It generally designates the model number for a type of equipment (which is why the M1 Carbine, M1 Rifle, and M1 Tank all share the same model number but are completely different items).

Also...I just thought yesterday that you/we now have references or whatever to both Jeff Goldblum (Jeff Gold Gone Game Gold Game Blum Good Gold Game) and Samuel L Jackson (the severed hand dogfight and what-have-you)...it occurred to me that eventually idle thumbs will have weird references/running gags for the entire cast of Jurassic Park...and that these will all converge into a star studded movie about Big Dogs run amok making the Pyramid Head sound.

So what you're saying is someone needs to dub over the big dog video with the Jurassic Park theme. I approve.

Tsk, he's not even credited as Rapist #1, but simply Freak #1.

I'm totally going to name my funk-rap band "Freak #1" when it's 1987.

Bad games that have spawned memes, that can meme only one thing (yes, that's right I just did that): Limbo of the Lost.

Take it away, Idle Thumbs.

I guess everyone forgot about this:

919220_20040114_screen001.jpg

Last I checked there was a whole fan forum set up for a mass of prankers to fakely gush about Big Rigs Racing. I think they even started conducting interviews with the game designers.

Remember that time Nintendo announced 3DS? That's what it should be(with 2 more projectors offcourse, with which you could, at proper angel, create *3D*)

D9sXhYlIfRY

Edited by Sleepdance

I guess everyone forgot about this:
Big Rigs

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

I've never read that post in my entire life!

(Or the three posts following it that are replying to yours.)

Think I will save this one for my flight on Tuesday, hard to resist listening though.

Hey IDLE THUMBS. We didn't catch you at the airfield, but now that we're up in the sky there's nowhere to RUN!

MLK.

I must say that was terrifyingly funny. So wrong, but so funny.:tup:

In a tangential way it reminds of the Chris Rock set where he is talking with some friends who are lost and says "...what? ...you're on MLK Blvd? Run! Run for your life!"

Those guys were still complaining about the airfield on the last couple levels when I played through. Also a guy asked me if I enjoyed the rides at the carnival, it was thoughtful of him to ask.