Squid Division

Fallout: New Vegas

People used trees for everything for a long time. There are many trees.

yeah, I can see two of them right outside of this window

I wonder if people realize that the VATS/HUD in Fallout3 is customizable (even in the console versions). That "brown hud" could be pretty much any colour.

They'd be smart to release screenshots with the default green just to silence critics like this.

I assumed the lack of vegetation was in part due to a nuclear winter that only recently lifted.

As for the brownness - I think Fallout 3 started along the right antidote to this with the colourful skyscapes. But they didn't go far enough. If you have barren landscape then make the skyscape completely crazy!

There's an idea. I have to agree with that. A sunset can do marvelous things to a drab landscape.

I'd love a fallout sunset that included oil like rainbow effects in the sky.

. . .I don't get it.

Do they know?

Are they mocking us?

Do they not realize what they have, yet again, done?

Either way. . . IGN.com

igndotcom.jpg

. . .I don't get it.

Do they know?

Are they mocking us?

Do they not realize what they have, yet again, done?

Either way. . . IGN.com

igndotcom.jpg

LOL, Ign.com. :mock:

That's absolutely fantastic. Has anyone actually played the game yet? I'm considering it but I never got particularly far in Fallout 3, so I don't know if it'd be worth it for me to play.

That's absolutely fantastic. Has anyone actually played the game yet?

I really liked FO3, but with the modern trend of DLC, I automatically ignore everything that sounds like it. I did this with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or whatever it's called, too. I'm not even sure if any of these are full games or add-ons or what.

Fallout New Vegas is some weird DLC, considering it costs 50€ and doesn't require FO3 to run.

I want to buy it. But I can't find a place in the Netherlands that sells the special edition for the PC. What's up with that?

I've been playing for the last five hours. Unfortunately for game-playing, but fortunately for my sleep schedule, it just crashed.

I haven't had enough interaction with various factions to see exactly how the reputation system works, but I have already passed through three or four areas with their own reputation ratings. I am liking the more detailed item creation, although it's still early in the game, so I don't have the skills or parts to do more than break down unused ammo and cook a hamburger made of mutated fly meat.

I chose a trait at the beginning that increases the likelihood of strange events happening, and I think this is one of those:

2vja1oj.jpg

Fallout New Vegas is some weird DLC, considering it costs 50€ and doesn't require FO3 to run.

It's a stand alone expansion... obviously.

I don't know quite why people are confused about what F:NV is. Incremental updates on the same engine, but in a new setting; it's GTA: Vice City.

I initially wasn't excited about New Vegas, but as the release ramped up, I realized that there had been just enough time for me to be really excited to play more of Fallout.

[nuked fridge]

Heh, +1 for Obsidian.

Yeah, my badly stated point was that I initially ignored it because it sounded like DLC, and then haven't un-ignored it since.

Playing with a gamepad on PC because I have bad joints in my hands so it's more comfortable: Odd decision to make the first 3 enemies in the game the hardest ones to hit outside of VATS. Geckos, Bloatflies, and small Radscorpions are all fast and erratic and damn near impossible to hit outside of VATS, which at the beginning of the game when ammo is valuable and VATS doesn't go very far.....

I chose a trait at the beginning that increases the likelihood of strange events happening, and I think this is one of those:[/img]

That's absolutely fantastic :D

I also :tup:, although I am concerned that the game is a bit crash-happy. This one might have to wait for a new patch and/or the new computer I am finally getting in December.

Odd decision to make the first 3 enemies in the game the hardest ones to hit outside of VATS.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who never, ever successfully hit a target without using VATS in Fallout 3.

I failed to shoot Super Mutants that were within sledgehammering range. My method of fighting became little more than "run backward and frantically hit the R Bumper."