Sign in to follow this  
Rawru

NeoGaf: Any of you post there?

I have more of a technical question than a discussion creating one..

I decided I felt like contributing to Dudebro , so I signed up for an account after all...

Problem is, it's been about 3 days since I made it, and I still haven't gotten an activation email? Is this normal? I used my non-yahoo/gmail/etc. email, and under my cp it is listed as the correct one... Do they manually approve people?

The only reason I feel pressured to make a thread of this is there's a deadline to the Dudebro voiceover auditions, and well, I have one I'd like to post.

I'm a member, but I've not posted anything yet. Large forum communities scare me.

Oh, and it took a good few weeks/months for my account to be activated.

My registration was rejected. It didn't meet their requirements (whichever they were). I probably didn't visit enough while logged in. Then again, why would I visit a forum when I'm not allowed to contribute.

ugh, that forum bugs me. The barrier to entry is so high, and the people are just the same dregs of the internet that populate other communities.

Ahaha, there goes that idea... Ah well, it seems daunting to keep up with as a poster anyhow.

Just thought the game was hilarious sounding and wanted to help. Sent my voices to the facebook page for it, maybe they'll remember to check it.

Thanks you guys for confirming my suspicions, it's nice to know the Thumbs are around to help answer my sort of odd question(s). :chaste:

Thanks you guys for confirming my suspicions, it's nice to know the Thumbs are around to help answer my sort of odd question(s). :chaste:

No problem, now please wait 6 months before making your next inquiry.

I registered almost a year ago and STILL I am not activated. I'll pretty much just assume I was rejected for some reason, but they never emailed me to say, so I really have no clue.

I still check Neogaf fairly regularly because it's the best place to go if you want to see what gaming news is breaking.

It took 4 months for my original application to be rejected. I reapplied with my university email address & it took 7 months before that was accepted. By that time I had mostly lost interest & only post rarely.

Basically apply with your university or work email, even if it's not your main email account.

Sure would be nice to post there. Shame they are a bunch of elitist fucks that deny everyone's applications like it's a country club or something.

I'm a member, but I've not posted anything yet. Large forum communities scare me.

Oh, and it took a good few weeks/months for my account to be activated.

You should let me have your username :)

You should let me have your username :)

Probably best not to. I might post eventually.

In the future.

My account only took a few days to be activated, weird how it's so random. Or maybe they can somehow tell who the best posters are. :shifty:

Never posted there though.

It took around six months for my account to be activated. I think it's just the one person that does it.

It took me about an year to have my account, but now I barely use it. I think it moves way too fast and it's too cluttered; in the end only a few people really have a voice. That's one reason why I choose to post here, at least it's more convivial.

Yes, three cheers for a small and well spoken community! All the quality and content, minus the elitism and information overload.

I have no idea how anyone puts in the raw TIME needed to even remotely keep up with a community that large... I feel like there's more than enough for me to read on a forum this size! It should be noted though that my overall tolerance for electronic communications is relatively low, and it's also possible I'm slow to process information or something. Not entirely sure, but staying in the darker, cooler recesses of the internets all the same!

I have no idea how anyone puts in the raw TIME needed to even remotely keep up with a community that large... I feel like there's more than enough for me to read on a forum this size! It should be noted though that my overall tolerance for electronic communications is relatively low, and it's also possible I'm slow to process information or something. Not entirely sure, but staying in the darker, cooler recesses of the internets all the same!

Heck as far as I'm concerned this forum moves too fast.

Can you all please take it down a notch?

Heck as far as I'm concerned this forum moves too fast.

Can you all please take it down a notch?

Haha I feel overwhelmed sometimes too compared to the older days of this forum. I think this is one of the two forums I read that I feel obligated to click and read every post.

Yeah, I read everything as well, which means that back in the day when 2 threads got updated every 12 hours or so it was easy. Now I'm considering only following specific things, and that makes me sad.

Yeah, I read everything as well, which means that back in the day when 2 threads got updated every 12 hours or so it was easy. Now I'm considering only following specific things, and that makes me sad.

Before you know it, there are separate forums for the consoles, and major game series like Modern Warfare and Gears of War have their own sub-forums. Also, we should have one for cosplay and one for hints, tips and cheats. Maybe tech support, too? Oh, and an abandonware one.

Genre-specific forums would be stretching it a bit at this point, but give it a year...

I have no idea how anyone puts in the raw TIME needed to even remotely keep up with a community that large...

I've been saying the exact same thing for years now. Some people are active on several large communities. I don't know how someone manages to do that and do anything else with their day in order to have something to post about. Perhaps I'm just a slow or obsessive reader or something. Small communities are definitely more to my taste, anyway.

I agree with most of you, while I sometimes like to browse SA or other large game forums, I could never keep up with them and post actively. I don't have time to read all the posts made here as it is.