Hermie

What is the Mystery of Scoggins?

I dunno, I'm pretty excited. I loved Puzzle Agent. Now they can improve upon the formula. Yay! U:

This is pretty cool, the best Telltale announcement for me out of all the gazillion announcements they made now in the recent days! :tup:

Announcement of the sequel piqued my interest in the first game, and I'm enjoying it so far. I look forward to finishing it and starting the wait for PA2.

Awesome. I'm still in the middle of the first game and it is my favourite already of all the games Telltale has made.

It also feels the most original somehow, even though the base is clearly Professor Layton games. The voice acting is top notch in the game. Thumbs up to the persons responsible for hiring the voice talents.

Yeesh.

So it's a continuation of the first one, then? Cool.

Yeah. A lot more story was written for Scoggins than made it into the first game and thats what is told in the 2nd game. If more happen after PA2 I dont know where they'll be located, though.

Trailer is here:

KHkLBR7DSH4

Yeah. A lot more story was written for Scoggins than made it into the first game and thats what is told in the 2nd game. If more happen after PA2 I dont know where they'll be located, though.

Trailer is here:

KHkLBR7DSH4

Loving the trailer :tup:

Man, I want this game to be good.

Finished the first game yesterday finally.

I have been playing on short bits for a few months. I can just say that this is an excellent game. The best I've played so far of all Telltale games.

The UI was excellent, the voice actors were in my opinion perfectly chosen, especially the voice of Nelson Tethers. Also the music and sound effects fit the game!

Congrats Sean, Jake, Graham and the other developers of Puzzle Agent. A very sweet game.

The variation of the puzzles was pretty wide, interestingly in the middle seemed to be the most difficult puzzles and then the easiest were at the end. I had some problems with couple of puzzles were I didn't really understand what I was supposed to do in order to solve the puzzle so I had to use all the hints to really open the mental chains to have a light bulb turn on on the top of my head.

I was surprised how long the game was, I think I ended up playing quite long like 5-7 hours? I didn't spend extremely long times with the puzzles, but still I had quite many gaming sessions that usually were 30-60 minutes long.

Bring on Puzzle Agent 2, I'm craving for more of this.

Just pre-ordered Puzzle Agent 2, which gives me a free copy of #1. Given that I was gifted the first game by brkl, it seems only fair to pay it forward and offer the extra copy to anyone here who hasn't played it yet.

Who wantsee?

Just pre-ordered Puzzle Agent 2, which gives me a free copy of #1. Given that I was gifted the first game by brkl, it seems only fair to pay it forward and offer the extra copy to anyone here who hasn't played it yet.

Who wantsee?

Oh, I'd gladly take it if you have no objections.

Oh, I'd gladly take it if you have no objections.
I have none at all. Does anyone know if there's an official way to gift a game, or should I just send Orvidos the serial number?

I couldn't find this post for days. :erm:

I'm not sure if there's any way to gift it.

Urgh. I don't know what's going on; back when I made the last post I had two serial numbers listed under Puzzle Agent. Now I only have one. On the other hand, I appear to have three invoices for the game. So that's wierd.

Sorry Orvidos, I don't think this is going to happen. I'll send you a PM if Telltale Support ever get back to me.

What's your Telltale username? (you can PM me and I'll look up your stuff)

I've been trying to figure out why I didn't get a free copy of PA1 on steam when I just bought PA2. Realized I bought the original on the TTG site. Ah well. Super excited that I have time to play through this game this weekend.

It'd be awesome if you got steam codes whenever you bought from the TTG site. I want to give Telltale as much of my money as I can, but you know... steam.

New Rock Paper Shotgun review!

It gets all the same things wrong as the first game, thus making it even worse.

I can't wrap my head around the thinking that: "the puzzles are easier than Professor Layton," therefore: "the game is worse than Professor Layton". In Puzzle Agent, I appreciated the simpler, more tactile puzzles for what they were.

Let me just echo what Jake said about the same reviewer's Poker Night review:

I'm glad John Walker has such high personal standards, but man do I wish he would acknowledge that in addition to high standards he has very narrow and very specific personal tastes, and he reviews exclusively to them. He surely realized years ago that Telltale titles aren't to his taste, but he continues to pick up the reviews for TTG titles, only to take huge bombastic shits on them, spilling pages and pages of ink to say "I don't like it, I was disappointed." I know its his job, and I don't fault him for it, but if I was him I would have probably just stopped writing about Telltale titles by now, and saved myself the ulcer.

The puzzles were not great in Puzzle Agent. They were nowhere near as diverse, challenging, interesting, rewarding, or enjoyable as the ones in Prof Layton. It's sad to hear that the one thing that was in desperate need of improvement hasn't been improved.