Hermie

What is the Mystery of Scoggins?

It's getting sort of absurd that I've purchased every single thing they've released since 2006 and show no signs of stopping. But with this announcement, I realize why: I am apparently the embodiment of Telltale Games' target market.
This just in, idle thumbs is TellTale's target market.

yeah...i'm worried about something here...i'm preordering the game right now....but it came to my mind...the game is probably gonna be downloadable only for some time first...no DVD...like "the penal zone" from the new season of "sam & max" right now...am i right? (keep in mind, i'm not usually an internet order guy...so....be gentle... :tup:)

From Shacknews:

The game marks the first of Telltale's new experimental pilot program, in which, similar to network television, the company will be producing various one-off games with the intention of turning the most popular or successful pilots into a full franchise.

Chances are this game won't ever see a DVD/physical release unless it's the one that ends up getting made into a series.

i know there probably WILL be a dvd sooner or later, cuz i'm pretty sure this one could be a succesful series....but i was thinking like right now. hehe

None of the seasons (or series) have had a DVD available from day one. They always become available once the season is complete.

Bone might've been an exception, though. I don't remember. X: But Bone was never finished. ):

They got me at FBI's Department of Puzzle Investigation. :tup:

Also, that discount is pretty crazy. I guess I'll be buying Sam & Max Season 3 now.

EDIT: So I bought Puzzle Agent, Sam and Max The Devil's Playhouse and Sam and Max Surfin' The Highway. I see how it works now..

Edited by Nappi

None of the seasons (or series) have had a DVD available from day one. They always become available once the season is complete.
But you knew that there was going to be a DVD before you bought them. That was part of the upsell for buying the season as a whole; the fact that you got the DVD for free + postage. So the issue is that if a DVD of this one comes out some time in the future we won't have bought them as a part of a series, and thus won't have 'earned' the DVD.
The pre-order bonus doesn't apply to the monkey island bundle? What's the monkey island bundle :?
ToMI + SoMI-SE as a bundle.

I didn't know when I bought Sam and Max Season One. Did it even have that guarantee? (The guarantee that it would be free.) I don't remember.

But I don't care about having a DVD.

I get the DVD anyway because they come with neat bonuses, and I enjoy said bonuses. If the DVD did not exist, though, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. (Provided those bonuses were available elsewhere.)

Ok wow, I hadn't been following this closely and thought that there were two separate games. Scoggins which was about a grumpy red gnome, and Puzzle Agent. I kept trying to find Scoggins and couldn't figure out was going on.

In my defense the gnome looks like he's made out of felt or some kind of fuzzy fabric.

In my defense the gnome looks like he's made out of felt or some kind of fuzzy fabric.

Haha. That's the Grickle style. O:

Nelson looks the same, but maybe it's not as obvious because he doesn't have the big beard. But the trailer does have a gnome in it!

Nelson looks the same, but maybe it's not as obvious because he doesn't have the big beard. But the trailer does have a gnome in it!

Oh, I didn't really notice but the screenshots were in a very tiny window. The gnome is readily apparent.

EDIT: So I bought Puzzle Agent, Sam and Max The Devil's Playhouse and Sam and Max Surfin' The Highway. I see how it works now..

Yeah, I was even worse. I bought Puzzle Agent for myself, and a copy of Sam and Max Season 1 to gift to a coworker who'd seen me playing Devil's Playhouse and expressed interest. I am now a pusher.

Is there a trailer for the game? Or did you mean the video interview with Mark Darin and Graham Annable?

I didn't know when I bought Sam and Max Season One. Did it even have that guarantee? (The guarantee that it would be free.) I don't remember.

But I don't care about having a DVD.

I get the DVD anyway because they come with neat bonuses, and I enjoy said bonuses. If the DVD did not exist, though, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. (Provided those bonuses were available elsewhere.)

yeah, and i really like to have the DVD and the neat bonuses it comes with, especially since usually those bonuses are not available elsewhere....so i prefer buying the "physical" game over a download.

but, anyway, i bought The Puzzle Agent and The Book of Grickle last night :)

Is there a trailer for the game? Or did you mean the video interview with Mark Darin and Graham Annable?

Oh, yeah, sorry. I meant the interview. There's gameplay footage in there. My bad. :3

Interesting, I tried to pre-order Puzzle Agent today twice.

I couldn't do that because Telltale's shop crashed after I had inserted all my details? Weird?

The same thing happened to me when I tried the day it was announced. I haven't bothered to try again. I'll give it another shot when it's released.

Yeah, I will also propably try it again when the release happens.

I have no use for the -50% pre order discount as I already have bought everything I want from Telltale. :tmeh:

I have no use for the -50% pre order discount as I already have bought everything I want from Telltale. :tmeh:
Yeah, me too. I'll wait until I want to buy something else and use it to get past the $50 free postage threshold.

Question for those who know: what in the world is Grickle?

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Actually I should've waited on the Sam&Max season 3 order to save money instead of pre-ordering the season months ago... oh well, that was lost money now and earned buy Telltale then I guess. I'm still not even done with season 1 so far.