Hermie

What is the Mystery of Scoggins?

http://www.telltalegames.com/scogginserasers

Well? What is it?

[edit]Video of the lead designer and Graham Anable talking about it:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL8uJt1lvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL8uJt1lvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Hermie

Glad to see Telltale working on an original IP. :tup:

What is Graham Annabel's status at Telltale, anyway? I know he's been publishing his webcomic and promoting his books and such on Telltale's site, but he doesn't seem to be part of the team.

Related:

Tt5lB-RoAi4

Holy shit! That is by far the scariest video about gnomes I have ever seen. Especially the part where one of them is whispering to the dog. Waay too creepy. :eek:

Glad to see Telltale working on an original IP. :tup:

What is Graham Annabel's status at Telltale, anyway? I know he's been publishing his webcomic and promoting his books and such on Telltale's site, but he doesn't seem to be part of the team.

Graham used to work for Telltale, back in the time of Bone. Now he works for Laika Entertainment in Portland. He did storyboarding for Coraline, in fact :)

I believe his current status is: Friend of the company.

Oh man I just saw the Hidden Person that pops up when you hover over the flashing window. I missed it the first time I saw that page a few days ago.

I am excited. :3 I'd love to see a game in the same style as all those Grickle videos. (Though hopefully with more frames for animations!)

Oh snap, NICE dig at Gizmodo!

Jake, will we be seeing any teasers from you, or are you already behind some of this? Keep it up, Telltale!

A Graham Annable game?

YES YES YES :tup:

I just wasted 10 minutes trying to find out an anagram for that :/

In Sam & Max 301 when you are at the toy store if you go to the right of it and look past the toy store theres a billboard that says

Scroggins Erasers

Erases all of life's mistakes!

scrogginserasers.com

or something like that. This link isnt right and the quote is off, I think, but this is from memory.

It's scogginserasers.com and it takes you to the Telltale site linked in the first post of this thread.

Dang, I just played through 301 tonight and was going to mention that. Oh well. For posterity's sake, it was behind the pawn shop though.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179064

Telltale's next game, Puzzle Agent, will bear a lot more in common with Professor Layton than Sam & Max. The official news of the upcoming title's release came out of a small press event today in San Francisco.

While the developer only showed a few screens and a short gameply clip, Telltale representatives explained that the game will focus on puzzles and brain teasers integrated into the story rather than typical graphic adventure pointing-and-clicking. The art and story come from Graham Annable, which bears a strong resemblance to his work from Grickle.

Of course, Telltale hopes the game might grow into an episodic series like their other projects, but there's only one Puzzle Agent game currently in development. The first title in Telltale's self-dubbed Pilot Program will be part of a much larger initiative. According to Telltale's CTO, Kevin Bruner, "We really want to do unusual properties and interesting things outside of what the rest of the industry is willing to take on...Now we're going to do even weirder things, and put them out as pilots."

Puzzle Agent is set to release this June, but we expect to hear more concrete details (like the game's pricing structure) early next week.

I am excited! I love Professor Layton (though I've only played the first one so far) and I love Grickle! Hurray!

I am also interested to see what else comes out of this so-called Pilot Program. Ffffffff I love Telltale. :D

I am also interested to see what else comes out of this so-called Pilot Program. Ffffffff I love Telltale. :D

:tup::tup::tup:Hell yes! It all sounds like a great idea! I'm already interested in seeing what will come out of the Pilot Program next!

Is this going to be a PC thing? Regardless, exciting news! Congrats to all the Telltale employees who post on Idle Thumbs. Hell, let's be generous. Congrats to all Telltale employees, regardless of whether or not they post on Idle Thumbs (though we've got our eye on you...)!

Is this going to be a PC thing? Regardless, exciting news! Congrats to all the Telltale employees who post on Idle Thumbs. Hell, let's be generous. Congrats to all Telltale employees, regardless of whether or not they post on Idle Thumbs (though we've got our eye on you...)!

I believe it will be available for everything under the sun, 'cause why not?

It's getting sort of absurd that I've purchased every single thing they've released since 2006 and show no signs of stopping. But with this announcement, I realize why: I am apparently the embodiment of Telltale Games' target market.

I looked back at some of the notable releases in 2008: Fallout 3, Fable II, Metal Gear Solid 4, Mass Effect, and Grand Theft Auto IV. Although I am interested in eventually playing these games, I don't own any of them, and I'm still no rush to do so. I'll get to them at some point. But guess what games I pre-ordered that year? Professor Layton and the Curious Village and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Yeah. I'm destined to be Telltale's bitch.

The pre-order bonus doesn't apply to the monkey island bundle? What's the monkey island bundle :?