Thompson

Anyone Remember?

Does anybody remember the little musical interludes that came up in a few episodes? They were short instrumental renditions of the opening phrase from the theme song and I can't remember if they were used to separate out breaks in the middle or at the opening, but I do remember that there were several of them in different musical styles. I think they only appeared in a few episodes, so I've had trouble finding them.

Does anybody remember the little musical interludes that came up in a few episodes? They were short instrumental renditions of the opening phrase from the theme song and I can't remember if they were used to separate out breaks in the middle or at the opening, but I do remember that there were several of them in different musical styles. I think they only appeared in a few episodes, so I've had trouble finding them.

Off the top of my head I would say try episodes 80-99. I think that stuff came before the twangy guitar theme song which started on episode 100. 

This isn't even an episode question, directly, but does anyone know where the link to the thing that searches through Idle Thumbs episodes via the YouTube timestamps is?

I had a dream recently where I kept repeatedly hearing Chris' voice snidely say "chugga chug chug Hans Zimmer" while watching a movie about a concert. I think it's from an episode but I might also be making it up. Anyone have recollection of that weird line? From anywhere?

Anyone remember when Jake put up the episode threads on time?

(I'm just ribbin' ya, Jake)

(or Chris sometimes)

Anyone remember when Jake put up the episode threads on time?

(I'm just ribbin' ya, Jake)

(or Chris sometimes)

I have very strong milk preferences that I need to express in the form of forums comments!!!!

It feels like listening to some bootleg Thumbs episode without an official thread.  Also, the version I downloaded is Episode 110.  It's like the upside down stamp collectible version of a thumbscast. 

Anyone remember when Jake established that Young Steve's catchphrase was "Zingle dee dingle dingle!"

I'm not actually asking when that happened. It was

I just wanted us all to remember that for a moment.

Anyone remember when Jake established that Young Steve's catchphrase was "Zingle dee dingle dingle!"

I'm not actually asking when that happened. It was

I just wanted us all to remember that for a moment.

Does anyone remember when Young Steve actually really did say "zingle de dingle dingle!" in an early podcast?

I'm actually asking when that happened.

Nah, it's an early one, the first or second time that Steve comes on as a guest. It's one of my favorite Steve moments, I'm mad that I don't have the exact episode.

Does anyone remember when Young Steve actually really did say "zingle de dingle dingle!" in an early podcast?

I'm actually asking when that happened.

, first few seconds

HOLY SHIT STEVE ACTUALLY SAID THAT! I just thought Jake made it up! Amazing. Amazing.

Nah, it's an early one, the first or second time that Steve comes on as a guest. It's one of my favorite Steve moments, I'm mad that I don't have the exact episode.

I was more just showing the fact that searching for Steve's catch phrase brings up the forum thread for the episode that Jake talks about it.

I was more just showing the fact that searching for Steve's catch phrase brings up the forum thread for the episode that Jake talks about it.

Hahah, oh! My bad. Yeah, I love when seemingly mundane phrases that have become memes on Idle Thumbs put the show at the top of the search results.

Anyone remember an early episode (within the first 50) where Chris's computer made some sort of death rattle and induced a panic attack in Nick?  Jake joked that pyramid head was coming out of the computer to get him.

In honor of Stephen Hawking, I'd like to listen again to Chris's story about how he read A Brief History of Time, thought he'd understood it, and thoughtlessly persisted for an embarrassing amount of time in the belief that A Brief History of Time was a book he'd already read and understood. Anyone know where to find it?  I loved that story.