Thompson

Anyone Remember?

Those were good episodes, around the 100 mark. Wish I could go back and listen to them anew. Ever wish you could rewind time?

Day 124

Still looking for the specific sound bite of Chris doing a wacky voice saying "I guesss". Slowly running out of food, send help.

I can answer your first question. The game is Tammany Hall and they talk about it in episode 106: Imagine the Man.

Yes! Awesome! Thank you. I kept thinking it was "_______ Road", and went through the whole archives Ctrl-F-ing "road".

Day 124

Still looking for the specific sound bite of Chris doing a wacky voice saying "I guesss". Slowly running out of food, send help.

I don't remember this at all! I'll keep an eye out for it.

I did recently rediscover the 'I Might Be Done' theme, which is amazing:

I think the one thing that literally forces me to lose it every time I hear it is someone (mostly Chris) doing a crazy german accent. 

This is unfortunately one of the things that ThumbsDB cannot help me with. I already have the opening of ep 79, the mass effect dlc ones, ep 101 starcraft discussion, and of course, the weinhandler ones. 

If anyone remembers any times where chris or somebody has done the accent, please direct me to them so i can immortalize them in a compilation.

There was the bit about "the mouthfeel," but I don't remember when that was.

There was an episode of the Thumbs podcast a few years back, in which Chris was talking about something and then interrupted himself by saying "Oh, there's a pizza here". Then Jake says "We'll be right back after this pizza".

Does anyone remember which episode that was from? Please, help!

I think the one thing that literally forces me to lose it every time I hear it is someone (mostly Chris) doing a crazy german accent. 

This is unfortunately one of the things that ThumbsDB cannot help me with. I already have the opening of ep 79, the mass effect dlc ones, ep 101 starcraft discussion, and of course, the weinhandler ones. 

If anyone remembers any times where chris or somebody has done the accent, please direct me to them so i can immortalize them in a compilation.

One part you're missing of is the very start of 67: Dot Gobbler when Sean is talking about how he doesn't like soda much but he enjoys club soda for the mouth feel, definitely one of my favourite preamble Thumbs moments.  

One part you're missing of is the very start of 67: Dot Gobbler when Sean is talking about how he doesn't like soda much but he enjoys club soda for the mouth feel, definitely one of my favourite preamble Thumbs moments.  

Yes! The mouthfeel! Thank you.

There was an episode of the Thumbs podcast a few years back, in which Chris was talking about something and then interrupted himself by saying "Oh, there's a pizza here". Then Jake says "We'll be right back after this pizza".

Does anyone remember which episode that was from? Please, help!

It was somewhere between episode 1 and 64. That is all I know. After that we had an office and no pizzas. :(

It's earlier than Episode 50 because I'm relistening to all of them and I heard it and I'm on 50 now.

Where's the search database link thingie? We can just search for pizza.

e: Nice, I guessed Ep 36 and it's Ep 37. We'll be right back after this pizza.

I was just thinking of "You Gotta Use The Kid To Kill That Snake" yesterday!  It has forever ruined all Randy Newman songs for me because what prompted me to think of it was the horrible weather in New York and me feeling like the bum from the start of his "I Love LA" video.

You gotta have spice!

It was somewhere between episode 1 and 64. That is all I know. After that we had an office and no pizzas. :(

Thanks, Jake, that sure was helpful... xD

EDIT: Btw, while we're talking about pizza, ever since you mentioned the "sleepover pizza" phenomenon in one of the episodes from last year, I can't help but think about it every time I eat leftover pizza the next day...but I still have no problem eating it whatsoever  :devil:

It's earlier than Episode 50 because I'm relistening to all of them and I heard it and I'm on 50 now.

Where's the search database link thingie? We can just search for pizza.

e: Nice, I guessed Ep 36 and it's Ep 37. We'll be right back after this pizza.

YES! That's it! I knew it was sometime before Ep.50, but that's all I could think of. Thanks!

I think you mean 55-WIZARDON.

You're right of course, good thing this thread exists so that I can properly update my memories. :)

I think you actually mean 55-WHYAREMO

I reject this later innovation as a needless and tragic attempt to distance the phone number from its magical interesting origins.

(It certainly makes you think, though).

Hey, what's the episode where Chris gets distracted by a guy rapping about him and runs into a tree branch?

Gorm is taking that section where Chris imitates the rap and turning it into 2015's summer hip hop hit.

Gorm is taking that section where Chris imitates the rap and turning it into 2015's summer hip hop hit.

Hey, the podcast we're starting needs a theme song...