Thompson

Anyone Remember?

I think Sean retold that story on a Giantbomb stream, to which Ryan Davis pitched an idea for a shirt that said "Grenades don't kill people, hills kill people"

I'm fairly certain it was told to close out a live show. I can't remember which one though so I just realized I'm not really being that helpful.

I'm fairly sure that the story is referred to in that episode as though "grenade rolls down a hill" was a already a joke. In any case, the core of the joke is "emergent Far Cry 2 gameplay."

You are correct! I also remember it being one of the first episodes with Sean on them, so looked it up through the great annotations on the youtube channel.

It's actually from the very first Sean episode, GDC 2010: Phaedrus 2010, and the story isn't about Far Cry 2 at all, but Fallout 3! Sent in from a reader because they talked about S.T.A.L.K.E.R stories.

Link to the youtube timestamp: 

Anyone remember that episode where Nick screamed out "HAHA OHHHH MAN" jubilantly after realizing that he and jake played the same old game when they were kids, I think it was maybe a racer or bike game or something.... I can't find it for the life of me and the only thing I can remember is me playing minecraft while listening to it.

Anyone remember that episode where Nick screamed out "HAHA OHHHH MAN" jubilantly after realizing that he and jake played the same old game when they were kids, I think it was maybe a racer or bike game or something.... I can't find it for the life of me and the only thing I can remember is me playing minecraft while listening to it.

The game was across.exe (Action Supercross),

You are correct! I also remember it being one of the first episodes with Sean on them, so looked it up through the great annotations on the youtube channel.

It's actually from the very first Sean episode, GDC 2010: Phaedrus 2010, and the story isn't about Far Cry 2 at all, but Fallout 3! Sent in from a reader because they talked about S.T.A.L.K.E.R stories.

Link to the youtube timestamp: 

Still the best episode of all time

Can someone please tell me what episode has Jake answering a readermail about his favorite scene in a game?  He describes the tank breaking in Bioshock 2 listing every Unreal engine trick available.

Ok I just made a shitpost that reminded me of something interesting, does anyone remember the discussion where they talk about domain names? Like the domain name registry being opened up to a bunch of random crap instead of just the .com .co.uk etc. Or it might have been one of their discussions about hover or something, I forget.

Also the episode where they talk about a bunch of old DOS functions to get old games to run, that was pretty amusing.

Also the episode where they talk about a bunch of old DOS functions to get old games to run, that was pretty amusing.

I believe you're talking about the

Does anyone remember which episode the thumbs talked about the oddness of the av club comment section? I know this is a weird request but it was so incredibly spot on I want to hear it again. 

I don't think that was on an episode. I think it was in one of Chris's Spelunky streams where Nick was there.

I had the exact same reaction to that AV club bit! Chris and Nick also talk about a lot of movies, and a lot of funny stuff happens in the game. It's probably my favorite run.

I would have never found this! Thank you so much!

I had the exact same reaction to that AV club bit! Chris and Nick also talk about a lot of movies, and a lot of funny stuff happens in the game. It's probably my favorite run.

Oh man, I am really glad people are keeping track of conversations from Spelunky streams! More of that please!

How far in do they start discussing AV Club, please?

Right around the 20:20 mark. Nick mentions earlier in the stream reading a review there.