Thompson

Anyone Remember?

Does anyone remember when new Idle Thumbs episodes came out on Wednesdays? ;=)

I do :( Coming soon: being better about that again.

In which episode was the music from the beach in Bioshock Infinite discussed?

OK, this is a weird one.

I distinctly remember Chris on at least 2 occasions (one of them fairly recent) saying the words "bunging hook" apropos of, seemingly, nothing. I don't expect people to remember which episodes, since it's such a throwaway line unrelated to anything before or after it. But if somebody does that would be great.

Part 2 of the question: for some reason I feel like he's repeating a Tom Green bit? But I can't find it, and I might be imagining it. It's a weird thing to imagine, though, since I've never been a fan of Tom Green and have seen very little of his material in my life. Anyway, I'd like to know if I'm crazy and he's referencing something else entirely.

I distinctly remember Chris on at least 2 occasions (one of them fairly recent) saying the words "bunging hook" apropos of, seemingly, nothing. I don't expect people to remember which episodes, since it's such a throwaway line unrelated to anything before or after it. But if somebody does that would be great.

One of those is the intro to

.  Don't know about a second instance.

Ah. Actually, I'm remembering the second time from a Spelunky daily challenge stream.

It's suddenly come into perspective how much I've listened to these guys talk about video games.

Didn't Chris say, in Ep 136 No Man's Guy, that you get a bunging hook in Samarost 2?

This has been bugging me for a few weeks so I finally had to register and ask the experts.  Anyone remember the episode (within the last 6 months I believe) where in the opening one of the guys, Sean(?), does the "It's!" and the date doesn't get stated?  Jake (I think) follows up with something along the lines of "are you gonna waste that it's?  That's a good it's."  

I could be horribly mangling the actual conversation but that is my memory of it and I need to hear it a few dozen more times.  Appreciate any help in tracking this one down.

I fell asleep listening to the Thumbs playlist on youtube and woke up to "Chris is 42% balls". I fell asleep promptly after that, so I don't even know if I heard it or very lucidly dreamed it. Does anyone know if this episode exists?

I fell asleep listening to the Thumbs playlist on youtube and woke up to "Chris is 42% balls". I fell asleep promptly after that, so I don't even know if I heard it or very lucidly dreamed it. Does anyone know if this episode exists?

If i were to take a wild guess, you should try that Quakecon episode where they talk about bawls the energy drink.

If i were to take a wild guess, you should try that Quakecon episode where they talk about bawls the energy drink.

Actually, my guess was when Sean found out Chris had played Amnesia: The Dark Descent by himself. But yours sounds more familiar.

Anyone remember the episode (within the last 6 months I believe) where in the opening one of the guys, Sean(?), does the "It's!" and the date doesn't get stated?

That's 113

Does anyone remember a segment (roughly a year ago, maybe?) where everyone did some strange harmonized chant to recreate the THX audio logo (

)? I listen to a lot of podcasts (~100 for every episode, and ~300 for only selective episodes), so it's possible it wasn't Idle Thumbs, but I'm pretty sure it was.

That's 113

Thanks a bunch Hypocee, now to listen to Chris' indignation on repeat for the next half hour.  So good.

What was the deal with the post-episode rendition of Axel F comprised of pitch-shifted samples of the word "games" from like a year ago?

Nobody mentioned it, and then I thought maybe it was a thing we weren't supposed to mention, which I'll know was the case if this post gets mysteriously scrubbed.

Anyone remember that episode where Jake brought up a topic and then said he didn't have a whole lot to say about it?

Anyone remember that episode where Jake brought up a topic and then said he didn't have a whole lot to say about it?

No, not really. Are you thinking of the episode where Jake started to say something, then stopped and said it was stupid?

Actually, my guess was when Sean found out Chris had played Amnesia: The Dark Descent by himself. But yours sounds more familiar.

Oh man you nailed it! Thanks

No, not really. Are you thinking of the episode where Jake started to say something, then stopped and said it was stupid?

Yeah! I think he may have also declared that they were done talking about it.

Yeah! I think he may have also declared that they were done talking about it.

Oh right, that was the episode they all claimed it was terrible and ruined for talking about a topic for 90 straight seconds.