Thompson

Anyone Remember?

I'm pretty sure this was never discussed on the cast, but I've always wondered: what image does Jake's twitter icon come from? I know Chris (maybe nick?) also used to have his twitter icon in the same style, and I've always wanted to see the whole thing.

It's from the fantastic header-art by Dan Lee made for an Idle Thumbs interview with Ron Gilbert years ago.

Also: this. (Happens when you google 'Dan Lee Idle Thumbs'. I think it's old and the IT-people lost their password for it or something, so beware.)

Okay, the same google turned up the old site announcement from Jake and Spaff on Mojo - boy, this place is old. I'm old. Damn.

The end-of-Kickstarter livestream was on March 21st and the homebarrel mod was uploaded March 25th. Nick must have watched the livestream, heard Sean's heartbreaking tale, and spent the next four days straight toiling away to make a new homebarrel for him.

(Also, how has that mod existed for that long and nobody mentioned it until now?)

Love the guy on that workshop page who's yelling about the homebarrel destroying all of skyrim.

Do you guys remember which episode had that "my my my my my my... video games" 80s pop song that someone sent in and we played?

Also, do you remember what the song actually was/who it was by?

Here let me help everyone out:

My god, episodes 43 and 44 might be my favorite back-to-back casts. The Goldblast, firefighter simulator and Batman Begins, and then the crazy ODST remix with Steve Gaynor Fresh Prince lyrics. Steve tends to dip into the absurd, and that leads to some extremely weird and funny moments.

"Did you call mom?" "You mean Phaedrus?" "OF COURSE I MEAN PHAEDRUS"

where is it?!!??? :gaming:

This is about 53 minutes into A Castro Situation (58).

Do you guys remember which episode had that "my my my my my my... video games" 80s pop song that someone sent in and we played?

Also, do you remember what the song actually was/who it was by?

Here let me help everyone out:

(video)

From a reader mail at 1:14:20 into "The Lord Of The Donk" or "And That's Who The Lord of the Donk Was" (47).

Anyone know when Steve says "Hey Mrs. Vanaman: Horsebag."?

Anyone know when Steve says "Hey Mrs. Vanaman: Horsebag."?

I think it's in

around 1:11:05. There's a reader mail early in the second half that asks whether the Thumbs have memories of playing games with parents, Sean says his mom has no clue what he does and then apologizes to her, and Steve ruins that sweet moment. Sean's distress after that is freakin' beautiful, as is the Wicker Man reference from Chris that follows.

Is there any footage of Jake doing a double-take? I need some. I searched for "video games" and I found all this modern warfare bullshit instead of Jake Space Rodkin.

Was there an episode where the thumbs talked about a hypothetical sequel to Forrest Gump, or did I dream that?

Anyone remember when Jake used to ask people, "Did you beat it?"? How are we supposed to track whether or not a thing was beaten, now that this question has fallen into disuse and ill repair?

I think the first time was when Nick was talking about playing Diablo III at an event somewhere.

Yep, in Episode 2! It's drowned out by Nick, so he ends up repeating "Did you win?"

Was it the 2010 PAX panel where someone made a joke about Chris being at the Retronauts panel? Because I'm listening to the 2010 Retronauts PAX panel and Jeremy makes a joke about how the crowd must have showed up because the Idle Thumbs panel was full. If the panels were at the same time, the two would have made jokes about each others shows at approximately the same moment.

Does anyone remember the episode where Jake breaks one of Chris' chairs? Or the one where Jake rips up his own shirt?

I think the chair breaking happens really early, like within the first 10 episodes.

Yeah, my design for a LittleBigPlanet level that I never ended up finishing included repairing Remo's busted chair, so it was before that contest. I think the contest was announced in episode 9 or so.

Does anyone remember the episode where Jake breaks one of Chris' chairs? Or the one where Jake rips up his own shirt?

I think it was actually Steve that started breaking chairs (i distinctly remember him saying "im breakin' your shit!").

Anyone remember that episode where Chris farts while trying to explain something?

I think it was actually Steve that started breaking chairs (i distinctly remember him saying "im breakin' your shit!").

Steve's chair break happened in Scoops Horn, episode 52 of the re-labeled casts, episode 2 of The Idle Thumbs Podcast

Steve's chair break happened in Scoops Horn, episode 52 of the re-labeled casts, episode 2 of The Idle Thumbs Podcast

That may be the second chair broken.

I listened to Phaedrus 2010 and then got wrapped up in re-listening to the episodes immediately following...I think I must have listened to them with the windows down while driving on the highway last time around, because I never noticed how long the weird but amazing practice persisted of whispering at unexpected times, barely audibly, "silence..." or "shut up...".

Anyone remember when Jake used to ask people, "Did you beat it?"? How are we supposed to track whether or not a thing was beaten, now that this question has fallen into disuse and ill repair?

I used to work in a camera shop and had this co-worker who would always do that whenever i'd try and talk about games. He'd be like "do you get to beat the boss? Did you beat the boss yet? It must be a good game if you can beat the boss." Was so annoying.

This is actually not that old, but I'm still drawing a blank: there was one episode a few months back where Chris was making fun of the Roman emperor Marcus Clodius Pupienus Maximus Augustus, whose name is pretty much the perfect junior high joke. He said it with such enthusiasm, I just want to hear it again.