Thompson

Anyone Remember?

Didn't we have this discussion already? I forget where or why, but I think this was talked about and I have a feeling the answer may actually be that it was originally a story from Fallout 3 or something like that. Then it was made famous by Famous translating it into an equivalent Far Cry 2 story.

I may be way off here as these are mostly rearbrain memories seeping through.

I'm pretty sure one time a grenade rolled down a hill in a video game and killed a guy. Any further details are lost to time.

Actually, The Archville on Shacknews probably knows. That guy is actually an Idle Thumbs encyclopedia. It's slightly terrifying.

You might be right. I do remember a story (not sure if it was a Chris story or a reader mail) about a super mutant enclosed in a pen and a misplaced grenade destroying the generator for the electric fence.

Where did "horsebag" come from?

I happened to be looking at the source for the main website and the division class is horsebag. Must be the cunning plan of Doug Tabacco.

Edited by Deleric

The Wii peripheral.

For more information, listen to Idle Thumbs 38: "Up On This Boss", from 3:58 to 13:52.

Where did "horsebag" come from?

I happened to be looking at the source for the main website and the division class is horsebag. Must be the cunning plan of Doug Tobacco.

Tabacco...

Does anyone remember the episode where Remo talked about the GDC adventure game and played a sound clip from it? I'm curious to play it, so if you know the title of it, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

Does anyone remember the episode where Remo talked about the GDC adventure game and played a sound clip from it? I'm curious to play it, so if you know the title of it, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

I don't know the title of the game, but that was episode 35: "A Great Way to Have Fun."

I don't know the title of the game, but that was episode 35: "A Great Way to Have Fun."

Mwah. Thank you, dear.

Does anyone know the episode that talked about sean inventing mickey mouse?

Or he might have talked about being at Disney at the start of epic mickey, I forget which.

Or he might have talked about being at Disney at the start of epic mickey, I forget which.

I think that was "GDC '11: Games Kasavin" based upon the fact I know it was in the latter batches of thumbs and that it has Epic Mickey in the tags. Forgive me if I'm actually a complete liar.

Yeah, it's about 40 minutes into Games Kasavin, the last GDC '11 conf grenade.

When/where did Famous talk about his home barrel. I don't know why, but I have a sudden craving for barrel stories.

When/where did Famous talk about his home barrel. I don't know why, but I have a sudden craving for barrel stories.

I think Homebarrelin' was discussed in the end of Kickstarter livestream. http://twitch.tv/idlethumbs somewhere.

Which episode was done in two parts with the second part beginning with a montage* of funny soundbytes ("Previously on Idle Thumbs...") from the first part?

*A montage which got me lots of funny looks in the grocery store because I literally burst out laughing.

Which episode is the one where they start talking about SWAT Ford Force Four? That was the best.

Also someone needs to make a compilation of every time Chris does his 'nerd voice', that cracks me up every time. "What are you playing, Risk?" -"Ngooooh, excuse me it's [some boardgame I forget the name of]."

Which episode is the one where they start talking about SWAT Ford Force Four?

I don't know for sure, but TITP 5: "His Cyborg Familiar" looks like a likely candidate (the games discussed include SWAT 4).

I don't know for sure, but TITP 5: "His Cyborg Familiar" looks like a likely candidate (the games discussed include SWAT 4).

Yeah, that's probably it. Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure this was never discussed on the cast, but I've always wondered: what image does Jake's twitter icon come from? I know Chris (maybe nick?) also used to have his twitter icon in the same style, and I've always wanted to see the whole thing.