Thompson

Anyone Remember?

Idle Thumbs 38 of the original podcast.

If you put "Nintendo Horsebag" on Google, it gives you Idle Thumbs related stuff for the first three links. :tup::)

Episode 43:

"Infinty ward is like the rebellious kid at Activision, Senór Super Douche came from there... he's (Bobby Kottick) going to stamp that right out!" -Chris Remo

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I just listened to "The Great Gatling Gunsby" again and that whole riff of fake EA games was great, it's towards the end. And also the whole Heavy Rain impression from Jake. "Leautinit CARTA BLAKE HERE. If you want rain, dead bodies and highways we got that!"

I just listened to "The Great Gatling Gunsby" again and that whole riff of fake EA games was great, it's towards the end. And also the whole Heavy Rain impression from Jake. "Leautinit CARTA BLAKE HERE. If you want rain, dead bodies and highways we got that!"

My spy knife in TF2 is named The Body-count of Monte Cristo.

Does anyone remember which episode contained Jake's discussion about the relationship between the Pirates of the Carribean Ride, the movie, the book On Stranger Tides, and the Monkey Island game?

Does anyone remember which episode contained Jake's discussion about the relationship between the Pirates of the Carribean Ride, the movie, the book On Stranger Tides, and the Monkey Island game?

I think that was Chuck Jordan on episode 9.

I think that was Chuck Jordan on episode 9.

Was it? I'm pretty sure it was Jake using an analogy about Snakes with multiple heads eating multiple tails ("oops all snakes")

Was it? I'm pretty sure it was Jake using an analogy about Snakes with multiple heads eating multiple tails ("oops all snakes")

Found it. The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 4 (Super Expert Pros).

The quote is something like this:

"On Stranger Tides is the book that Ron Gilbert was reading while making Monkey Island and the Pirates of the Carribean Ride was the other inspiration for that game. The Monkey Island games were going to be adapted into a feature film at one point by Industrial Light and Magic (it was going to be an animated thing). It was pitched to the screenwriters of the Pirates of the Carribean movie. Then, a lot of the people who were working on the Monkey Island film ended up being the effects crew for the Pirates of the Carribean movie, which was written by the guys who had been pitched the story for the Monkey Island film. Now, they are adapting the book that was the inspiration for the Monkey Island game, which was also based on the Pirates of the Carribean ride into the next Pirates of the Carribean movie."

Old thread, but my thread, so I shall necro.

The episode where they talk about Noby Noby Boy and at some point Chris goes ultra music nerd and says "Ah actually, it's pronounced Moog" (Correct pronunciation implied).

"If you ever want to see your daughter again you'll take the ransom to the nearest rocket mail station. PHAEDRUS OUT

I honestly can't remember if I've ever laughed that hard

Old thread, but my thread, so I shall necro.

The episode where they talk about Noby Noby Boy and at some point Chris goes ultra music nerd and says "Ah actually, it's pronounced Moog" (Correct pronunciation implied).

It's on episode 13 on 10:30.

I think what we truly need is every episode transcribed into text form. Who's up for it? :getmecoat

I think what we truly need is every episode transcribed into text form. Who's up for it? :getmecoat

Only a deranged man would accept that task.

I've been considering going through the archives episode by episode and pulling best of clips for posting on youtube for posterity. Can't decide if I just want to do the funny bits or to include just the great discussions as well.

What we really need is the audio transcription software (I'm not an expert in that thing so I'm not even gonna try to guess what you would use for that) to make the Idle Thumbs even more awesome :tup:

I've been considering going through the archives episode by episode and pulling best of clips for posting on youtube for posterity. Can't decide if I just want to do the funny bits or to include just the great discussions as well.
You know, that would make it FAR easier to remix. Wink. Wink wink iwn wiiankafiwa ninfawklefnio awngenkwin kaigna iNkwfnafnikn.

My brain's first reaction to the idea of transcribing the podcasts was "That sounds kind of fun." I suppose I'll discover later whether that's true.

no i dont

Not sure if spammer, or Goldblum...

Edited by subbes

Anyone remember that bit where (I believe) Chris gets a name wrong, and Jake suggests that it's actually a sultry saxophonist?

I'm having wayyy more fun relistening to old episodes than should be legally allowed. I just went though the episode with Max Ides, the one that came out on... Julides.

:tup: