Thompson

Anyone Remember?

Which episode had them talking about StarCraft commentators and Nick doing a Korean Eddie Murphy impression?

Edit: Oops, they were talking about Henry Hatsworth being marketed to hardcore gamers and played on Korean Television. It's in (old) Episode 25 around 40 minutes in.

Edited by spamantha

That was super expert pro I think with the stacraft discussion, but there has been a lot of that in every episode for like the last 4 I think.

That was super expert pro I think with the stacraft discussion, but there has been a lot of that in every episode for like the last 4 I think.

You're right, it was Super Expert Pro.

Can we get a total rad rank update Chris? Have you gotten past Super Expert Pro yet?

I like this thread, because I also have a question.

You guys happen to know which of the episodes they had talked about how neat it would be to have a diplomatic game set in the Cold War?

Or if that episode even exists... I'm pretty sure it was Thumbs, but I've been known to make stuff up..

Probably in an episode wit some other total war game discussed. We talked about "cold war total war" once i think.

Probably in an episode wit some other total war game discussed. We talked about "cold war total war" once i think.

I believe you also talked about how awesome it would be to have a game in which you could see what type of ruler you were in newspaper photos and the clothes you wear etc.

I think it was before episode 30, but that's a guess which may be completely wrong.

Let the hunt begin!

I believe you also talked about how awesome it would be to have a game in which you could see what type of ruler you were in newspaper photos and the clothes you wear etc.

I think it was before episode 30, but that's a guess which may be completely wrong.

Let the hunt begin!

Throne room and in reference to Anno 1404/Dawn of discovery, with a side of Civ.

I like this thread, because I also have a question.

You guys happen to know which of the episodes they had talked about how neat it would be to have a diplomatic game set in the Cold War?

Or if that episode even exists... I'm pretty sure it was Thumbs, but I've been known to make stuff up..

I think that was in an episode where Nick wasn't there, and Steve Hot Scoops Gaynor was, and towards the end of the run (40s). I think it might even be one of the first few episodes of The Idle Thumbs Podcast.

I think that was in an episode where Nick wasn't there, and Steve Hot Scoops Gaynor was, and towards the end of the run (40s). I think it might even be one of the first few episodes of The Idle Thumbs Podcast.

Yeah, I think it was fairly recent

I can't remember if this was in super expert pro or earlier, but I love the whole bit about chris talking about building up his starcraft army, thinking he's doing good, but not being able to see what his opponent is doing, and then all of a sudden he just comes out of the darkness and super rapes you lol.

I can't remember if this was in super expert pro or earlier, but I love the whole bit about chris talking about building up his starcraft army, thinking he's doing good, but not being able to see what his opponent is doing, and then all of a sudden he just comes out of the darkness and super rapes you lol.

That was in a lot of episodes but I think the first (and the best) mention was episode 20 something. (26?)

Total Cold War Total War, how could I forget. :P

Thompson wins. I'm relistening to the handful and at least one of the moments I was thinking of is in episode 21. Though I think I might have confused the conversation from this episode with a later one. My memory apparently acts really strangely.

Also related to episode 21: I've said DotA 'Doh Tah' for as long as I can remember, it didnt occur to me people wouldnt say it any other way. I guess I blame

Total Cold War Total War, how could I forget. :P

Thompson wins. I'm relistening to the handful and at least one of the moments I was thinking of is in episode 21. Though I think I might have confused the conversation from this episode with a later one. My memory apparently acts really strangely.

Also related to episode 21: I've said DotA 'Doh Tah' for as long as I can remember, it didnt occur to me people wouldnt say it any other way. I guess I blame

I've also always said 'Doh Tah'.

The batman trading card made me laugh at work again last week (twice on the same day) causing me to wonder if people who can't see in my cube think I'm unhinged (OHHHH they think I'm unhinged alright...but I'm wondering if I gave them more reason...on a side note half of my casual conversations at work sound like excerpts from the idle thumbs podcast or the old shackcast (we have a guy who sounds exactly like Faylor)).

There was an episode where Either Nick or Jake was trying to remember the name of some old game that he used to love, and then either Jake or Nick named the game and they had some sort of bonding moment. Any idea when that happened?

There was an episode where Either Nick or Jake was trying to remember the name of some old game that he used to love, and then either Jake or Nick named the game and they had some sort of bonding moment. Any idea when that happened?

The game is Action Supercross/Elastomania, so looking at the games discussed, that makes it episode 40 (000), Nobody Beats The Blizz.

The game is Action Supercross/Elastomania, so looking at the games discussed, that makes it episode 40 (000), Nobody Beats The Blizz.

Thanks! I've been listening through all of the episodes in order, and I just finished Salacious Thumb, so I must have missed that part somehow.

I'm wondering, what the hell does Chris say at about 3:00 into Episode 30? It sounds like "E SURE IS COURT THY PRINT!!" *everyone laughs* "Fuck youuuu..."

E-surance. He was referring to the commercials where the spy chick does something crazy while saying "quote buy print".

One of my favourite Thumbs moments was after the old PC game discussion and the Windows "splattered brains on the wall" quote from Jake. It was towards the end of a later episode, but I can't recall which one. The whole "curmudgeonly old assholes sailing off a cliff" crack me up every damn time.

I also love the "Uh, nothing, I'm just inspecting this mechani- SUCKBOX" thing with Batman and I can never find it.

One of my favourite Thumbs moments was after the old PC game discussion and the Windows "splattered brains on the wall" quote from Jake. It was towards the end of a later episode, but I can't recall which one. The whole "curmudgeonly old assholes sailing off a cliff" crack me up every damn time.

I also love the "Uh, nothing, I'm just inspecting this mechani- SUCKBOX" thing with Batman and I can never find it.

the curmudgeonly old assholes blast is from episode 46: First Annual Year, and Jake's impression of everyone is hilarious.

Boost reading the Batman thing is so funny I almost puked.

I have nothing to do for the next 12 days so i'm going to listen to every episode back to back and write down every major/hilarious event, the things I do for you people... :tup: