Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

At the same time, it gives far more breathing room to the poor souls in the middle, so it isn't that bad.

Ideally this game should be on a torus surface... that would be AWESOME.

So waking up every 30 minutes to check on this thing last night isn't technically an addiction, right?

So waking up every 30 minutes to check on this thing last night isn't technically an addiction, right?

Only when someone else identifies it.

Were you getting up to smoke some crack anyway?

I seem to be pissing people off because I set a bunch of flight paths ahead of time and don't check back for about a day, and then I come back and notice my ship is heading for a star someone else already captured.

Now they're all going to kill me.

I think most players are understanding of the big initial land-grabbing phase and the small skirmishes that occur as borders are formed, and don't consider them part of any large-scale attack.

Who are you in game Marek?

I'm Gwarlek.

Would be great to have an overview of everyone's forum / game names.....

I think most players are understanding of the big initial land-grabbing phase and the small skirmishes that occur as borders are formed, and don't consider them part of any large-scale attack.

I would love for that to be true, except for the fact that they're already sending their fleets at me.

Puffin Galaxy

The Players with forum names for clarrification

puffingalaxy.jpg

Actually while doing this, something didn't add up; by process of elimination we should know who Blue is, the only weird thing is there are people in here I didn't send a code to? Not a big deal, there's plenty of games to go around; but is this just a case of double accounts? If so, blue may be Thunderpeel, maybe?

I guess I have to change my avatar now that I'm dead in the first game and all. Long live the slimy whisker-lizards with bad acne!

I guess I have to change my avatar now that I'm dead in the first game and all. Long live the slimy whisker-lizards with bad acne!

This is terrible but to me they always looked like a purple erection...

So that's not just a default AI name? I guess Squid Division got a squiddy avatar in the first game.

So that's not just a default AI name? I guess Squid Division got a squiddy avatar in the first game.

Yeah, this is all random, which is hilarious.

Blue isn't AI because he mentioned something in chat at the start:

• Blue : 12 May 00:12: Bah, my plans for a confusing name did not work out this round.

Really curious to know who it is though, lol.

INTERLUDE

The Book of Squids

Squid-ulus and Squid-us

As you scan over the nightly reports on your data pad you can't help but see the clear path cut into blue territory by the red empire.

The space Cephalopods and Reptiles have been in conflict since the earliest cycles of your civilizations knowledge of the traverse. You are reminded of a story from the book of Squids that speaks of the space Cephalopods being cursed from the stars and forced to live in the oceans of Grafais.

Their presence there did not go uncontested, as it was already home to the space Turtles and soon their tribal conflicts boiled the ocean to near planetary extinction. In his infinite wisdom the Space-God, Neptune, created a twin world of Grafias, naming it Graffias; though wise and powerful, Neptune wasn't all that creative with names.

But the space-Squids did not wish to live in oceans, nor worlds, they wanted to be free to travel the galaxy as they once did; but Neptune was unforgiving in that curse and displeased with the respect the Cephalopods were giving him. He took the tribe of Squid-ulus, ripping them from Grafias and their brothers to live on Graffias; leaving the tribe of Squid-us alone and out numbered on Grafias.

While there are no longer any squids on Grafias, that ancient tale has been the root of their conflict ever since. The tribe of Squid-ulus vowed to return home for their brothers and destroy the unwelcoming Space Turtles.

As you gaze over the small blue world of Grafias you notice it suddenly blips red... the tribe of Squid-ulus has made good on their vow from the ancient cycles and have conquered the ocean world.

A chill runs down your spine as you realize that the Squidining has just begun.

Of all the times to have an internet blackout, a few days after starting a Neptunes Pride game is possibly the worst. I'm at work at the moment but I'm heading to a cafe at lunch for some free wifi to check up on things.

I fear the worst.

Depending on how my date with a BT engineer goes tomorrow, that cafe might be seeing a lot of me this week!

I'm probably going to flicker and die soon, because I have finance applications to fill in, and housing applications at the same time. Too busy :tdown:

This is getting weird. I feel like my superiority in almost all respects other than stars is not paying off.

All I have left is innocent allies!

Yeah the galaxy is really quiet the passed couple days. Basically we'll just wait around until someone attacks. If you feel like you want first place I have no problem with giving up my stars to you after we kill Jennoa...

Er, I mean, check your inbox.

Yeah the galaxy is really quiet the passed couple days. Basically we'll just wait around until someone attacks. If you feel like you want first place I have no problem with giving up my stars to you after we kill Jennoa...

Er, I mean, check your inbox.

Yeah, so James, I can call you James right? Great, so anyways, like we discussed in our previous exchange, the attack on Murdoc goes ahead as planed at 0800.

Wait, did I private message this? No matter no time to check

Game to Murdoc!

Will do a write up at some point to describe what happened with pics and shit.

At the end, I just basically sent everything in all directions to spite everyone. I look forward to hearing how we all felt about the game.